Achievement Guide

the_b1ues

Thanks for the guide, I have a question regarding the scouting of the outpost. In some outposts It's real easy to scout, whether using the monocular or finding the explosives or medkits, but others are real tough, like I kill everyone and walk around for a good 5 - 7 minutes before the scouting unlocks. Does anyone know what is the best and most effective way of scouting the outpost?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you just have to know what to look for, i havent had any problems. its either an explosives, molotov or ammunition cache like you have in your 'gun room' at the arms dealers, which are easy enough to spot as they will have three flashing items, on top of some crates. (although if you use a lot of explosives clearing out the outpost, you could destroy the supplies... you can still get the scouting acknowledgement by going to where they were, but finding that could be harder if you didnt see where they were beforehand.) it can also be, and maybe you didnt know this as it didnt occur to me straightaway either, a large med pack cabinet on a wall like you see a lot in the game. not to sound arsey but i never use the monocular thing its usually pretty easy to find these things if you have a good look after clearing out the enemies because most of the outposts are really small.

something thats puzzling me, i never got the achievement for doing all the underground missions in the northern territory but i did them whenever the game asked me to.. :(

Thanks for answering. Idk why but there are times when I can unlock it real quick and others where it takes longer... Even after I pick up the meds or explosives.. I've also found some that don't have any meds or explosive, that one unlocked by me just walking around the outpost for a bit.

Regarding your question about the underground missions sorry, but I have no ideal.

Ruthless 30

Subvert all the main faction missions in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory.

You get this when you to the "Secondary Option" on every mission you can. When I say "Secondary Option" I mean when you get a mission and you get an option of doing it in a different way than the way you were asked eg. Go to a different location first and kill someone else before you kill main guy.

@ OP, When you mean secondary you mean the mission your buddy asks you to do right?

Edited by DirtyMcHater

Thanks for answering. Idk why but there are times when I can unlock it real quick and others where it takes longer... Even after I pick up the meds or explosives.. I've also found some that don't have any meds or explosive, that one unlocked by me just walking around the outpost for a bit.

You can destroy ammo caches and the like, sometimes in the heat of battle these things get blown up, you just have to wander around untill you find the location the cache was before it exploded, look for burnt areas and scorch marks.

When you find the area where the cache was, just stand on it and it will say outpost scouted.

I just achieved:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/592/UPzloRs=.jpgThe third faction 30

And i can confirm that if you need to choise between saving the church or trying to save your buddies and the die trying it, you'll stil get the achievement if you managed to save them all from there respective predicaments.

*Spoiler*

Leboa-Sako - North has 6 buddies

Bowa-Seko - South has 5 buddies

Edited by oOThrissy

Now I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'm pretty sure some of the achievements that you have red text under can be summarized by "Story related - will obtain while progressing the story."

Once again I may be wrong as I don't have the achievements, but the ones that come to mind:

Down but not out 10

Escape to Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.

Dawa ya moto ni moto 20

Break the ceasefire and reignite the conflict.

Prison escape 20

Escape torture at the old slave outpost.

Last man standing 30

Wipe out the senior leadership of both Factions and determine who will be the new Warlords.

Heart of Darkness 40

Enter the Heart of Darkness.

The horror... the horror... 40

Resolve your conflict with the Jackal to facilitate the exodus.

Only suggesting just to clean up the guide a bit. Hope you found this advice helpful.

I completed the game yesterday and can confirm that these achievements are story related and cannot be missed out.

Heart of Darkness 40

Enter the Heart of Darkness.

The horror... the horror... 40

Resolve your conflict with the Jackal to facilitate the exodus

these two you can only get at the very end of the game.

Just a word of advice, complete all of the cell tower missons, collect all diamond and tapes, find all safe houses and buddies before atttempting the last mission as wonce you enter the heart of darkness theres no going back. You would have to re-load a previouse save.

I found a buddy just by wandering into some outpust. He was been held captive and i unlocked him by just opening the door but i can't remember where i found him and it wasn't on a mission

Also on the 16 map achievement you have band balasted down as a map. I think it should be sand blasted instead.

I'm having some trouble with the "Adventurer" Achievement.

I downloaded 25 maps,put 15 in a cycle and rated each of them,put the remaining 10 in a cycle and rated them,but still no achievement.

When I'm prompted to choose the amount of stars for the rating should I hit A to submit or Y to report?I'm sure they are all different because you can't download the same map twice.

How did you find them take over every outpost. Will soon find out im on the south now.

After completing the tutorial there's 2 buddies you can go unlock right away, (there's actually 3 tutorial missions, you only get 1 and it's assigned by where you Escape from the city).

You'll find a buddy in the Lumber Camp, in the Slaughter House, and at the Cock-Fights. These can be unlocked at any point after the Tutorial mission.

Just go to the locations you didn't get sent to on the mission, clear it out, and look for a room with a save point and a locked door. When you enter you'll hear your new buddy asking for help. Open the door.

There's also a buddy in the North section of Leboa-Sako. North of Shwasana, at a plane wreck here:

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planewreckbuddygb7.jpg

I've saved my buddy once but did not notice there's was an achievement for easing his pain and killing him. Do I get another chance to get this?

Yes, whenever you're doing a buddy mission, or your buddy saves your, or you subvert a main mission. Make sure you save before though, since there's an achievement for saving all your buddies so you don't wanna lose one.

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planewreckbuddywl3.jpg

Edited by DemonI81

Yes, whenever you're doing a buddy mission, or your buddy saves your, or you subvert a main mission. Make sure you save before though, since there's an achievement for saving all your buddies so you don't wanna lose one.

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planewreckbuddywl3.jpg

Ok, cool. I thought I had missed that one.

Do these buddies give you side mission because I didnt relise there was 6 till now and im in the south district now. Can i still save them?

Edit no you cant.

Yes they do give you side missions.

Do I get a warning when I'm running low on pills or do I just run out? All I've been doing in the game is gathering diamonds and Jackal tapes. I acquired all my buddies, did one main mission, and got all the diamonds/Jackal tapes in 5/9 sectors of the North. These diamonds take forever. I can't wait till I have them all and can play the game. (I usually go on these collection quests at the end, but since the diamonds are used to buy guns and such, I decided to do it first off, this way too I'll be less likely to give up on finding them all).

Yes they do give you side missions.

Do I get a warning when I'm running low on pills or do I just run out? All I've been doing in the game is gathering diamonds and Jackal tapes. I acquired all my buddies, did one main mission, and got all the diamonds/Jackal tapes in 5/9 sectors of the North. These diamonds take forever. I can't wait till I have them all and can play the game. (I usually go on these collection quests at the end, but since the diamonds are used to buy guns and such, I decided to do it first off, this way too I'll be less likely to give up on finding them all).

When you're running out on pills you see your characters looks at the container right after you take the last one.. This would be a good time to go and do underground missions and get a refill. You'll have enough time to do the mission but you must hurry.

Good night sweet prince 40

Comfort a Buddy and ease his passing.

Make sure to save before you do this if your wanting to keep all your buddies and i would advice you to.

Do the mission where you have to get the gold for the UNLL (or whatever theyre called), subvert the mission by taking your buddy up on their request to do things differently. then when you go to the oasis with your buddy as the last part of the mission, go down the hole where the gold is and press back next to the gold as you normally would, then save. now come out of the hole and your buddy shouldve taken a pounding and be on deaths door. if not on deaths door already, let them sweat it out a bit longer than mop up the bad guys(this is an easy mission with it being so early on in the game). go over to her and start the whole heal/kill process by pressing Y and blow her brains out. one achievement. reload the last save, do it all again but this time save her and carry on the game like normal! two achievements

Ok, how do you save by pressing <back? I don't find a save option.. :/