Garbage

XperimntNterror

This "game" is a pile of refuse. Not only is it just a series of inane mini-games and boring as all hell, they decided to make the Trace mini-game next to impossible. It's almost like they had a special day at the studio where everyone pitched in an idea for how to make these segments the most irritating parts. I feel like I should've been paid to play this. As an advertising tool, I'd say this was a failure. Next time, how about making it at least a little bit fun?

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree. Today, having some spare time, I decided to finally redeem my pre-order code from Dead Space 2 and play through Ignition. And what can I say? It's the worst arcade title I've played up to now. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for this. There's nothing fun about the game - absolutely nothing!

Even going through for the achievement's sake is hard - the Tracer game sucks because the camera keeps on changing all the time, changing the controls, which are based on perspective, along with it. But what really pissed me off were the damn laser deflector puzzles. I didn't like that kind of puzzles when I played Saw, but at least you didn't have to put the frickin' pieces together before you solve it.

I usually don't mind a small riddle now and then (I used to love the Resident Evil series for that when it was still good and no sluggish third person shooter), but I simply don't wanna sacrifice time I could use to play some other, better game to sit this through. Maybe I'll try using a walkthrough to finish this up later...

I think you just suck at games like this. Simple and true. I had no problems finishing all 4 trace routes in less than 2 hours without counting wathcing cut scenes for all different paths. I must say path AA was the best, but AB was just on par. For free it was fun, little game and not nearly as frustrating as you make it sound. My best time is 19 mins for AA... All in all it's not worth money as you say, but since most of us got it as a bonus, it is a nice free additiona to DS universe.

Isaac is an engineer, so the idea of hacking mini-games isn't as off-key as you make it out to be. All in all I don't dislike these mini-games. Tracer can be frustrating at times, but it isn't "garbage". The Virus mini-game is awesome because it's just fun to watch your viruses wreak havoc, kind of in the same vein as sending a massive force againt the zerg in Starcraft, and the other hacking one is very thought-provoking.

All in all I'd say it's a decent addition and any true Dead Space fan won't completely shy away from it. There are far better Arcade games out there, but this one, at least in my opinion, is far from the worst.

7.5/10

i really disliked this game... the trace is yes insanely annoying at first but eventually you'll own it no problem. the virus mini game is by far the best but even then its really basic and like all but 1 of the virus games can be beaten within a minute. the last puzzle is average at best. story is weak, visual style is not my thing but i won't hold that against the game at least. 2.5 hours to get full 200 points, game not worth any cash but at least it was free for alot of people.

As for the 7.5/10 from above poster ^^ wow really? your way generous on this game

• 4 weeks later...

At first due to my ignorance of what works and what doesn't I was not happy with this game at all. However, after ranking up my suit to level 4 and after having some face-time with the game I found I liked it. I understood when to send out the ghost viruses, how not to waste my speed boosts in the trace game and I liked the trying to figure out how to make the light puzzles work.

The trace game does seem a bit unfair at times as the AI has some crazy rubberband tendencies at at the end of each trace. I love how they could catch up no matter how far ahead I was doing, yes I know new ones sometimes join the fray mid-trace.

I liked the story, I wasn't a fan of the art though. For a free game it was fine.