9 minutes mission

hey guys im on the mission where you have 9 minutes to get to the mission control room to deactivate them. not sure the mission name but if anyone has passed it can someone help me. my last check point was going down the stairs and then facing them having to go all the way down into a like submariane area part and after that i always seem to die and have no clue where to go or anything if anyone has a video or can help me out please do thanks.

Your not getting a check point because you are not moving fast enough through the storage room. That's what was happening to me a little bit ago. I think the time you have to be at or around is at least 5 minutes left on the clock. I've made it through with 4 minutes left before that and did not get a check point so I'll say it's at least 5 minutes, maybe 4:30ish? So aim for at least 5 minutes left when you make it through the storage room.

hey guys im on the mission where you have 9 minutes to get to the mission control room to deactivate them. not sure the mission name but if anyone has passed it can someone help me. my last check point was going down the stairs and then facing them having to go all the way down into a like submariane area part and after that i always seem to die and have no clue where to go or anything if anyone has a video or can help me out please do thanks.

I think I know where you are - the part where there are large storage crates to the right and left and a corridor down the middle. You have to get to the end of that area with around 5mins left on the clock. What I did was:

- Come round corner and shoot the two guys nearest you with the sniper. Reload.

- Move forward a bit to trigger lots of guys coming in the distance and lie prone and take as many out with one clip of the sniper rifle as you can.

- Go to the right and get the guy who pops out from between two crates.

- Work your way down the right side (how many guys you get depends on how many you shot with your sniper earlier on). After a while you learn their routine.

- As you get to the end your friends should come running. If you don't trigger a checkpoint as you go round the corner at the end you haven't done it quick enough.

Hope this helps.

you guys are right i can get past that part no problem its after that once you go down the crate area all the way to the end and you can run off to the right where theres more guys in another area you can go left and go right but theres 2 inside both sides then theres bunch of boxes and some barrels as well thats where i get stuck at and have no clue rather to go straight or in one of the tunnel areas left or right

no one has no tips for me:( i just wanna get past this mission so i can finish the game

I'd offer to help, but I just got to the 9 minute countdown myself. I can't even get to the first checkpoint! (playing on Veteran)

Help me help you ;)

---

Alright... as an update:

Took the left fork, cleared out the hall in about 30 seconds, used 1 flasbang. Cleared out the tunnel past that in about another 30 seconds, used another flashbang. Guys advanced and took care of the next room, so I advanced to the back left and checkpointed at the top of the first staircase at about 7:45 remaining. On Veteran.

Ran ahead, switched off my NVG's and straight down to the bottom of the 1st staircase there is a dead guy that will replenish your 'nades. Switched to my Grenade Launcher and took out the two baddies neares the hallway, took cover on the left side, then shot another one downrange over the cover I was at to take one out on the far side. Broke off the the right, launched one at the guy with the AK-47 who normally mows you down and flipped back to my M4 SOPMOD. Backed against the wall so I wouldn't get shot from the left (sometimes there's a guy on that side) and got an angle so I could look clear down to the end of the room in a space between the crates. There's about 4 guys on this side, so count them out and advance slow. SSgt says "We're running out of time and gotta move!" and they charge down the middle corridor and once they pass in front of you, you're clear to advance to the next checkpoint. Took me 2 minutes, start to finish in here, so now I'm at 5:45 before impact.

yeah i am stuck in the silo part right before u get to the room with the door that takes for ever u can barley make it there let alone after that man this game gives u a head ach any words of advice for the silo room also i am wondering how close to being done am i i have 6 min left and it just seams like this will never end

its best that when you start this mission that you hurry down the stairs at 7:30 so you can get a checkpoint after that. i can get to the crate area and passed that area at 5:45 left. but im stuck so yea ill be waiting till someone gives me some tips on where to go after that haha

ok i was stuck where u are up until now, this is how i got through that part: I had around 5:30 left, i turned around the corner and used the grenade launcher to kill those two guys that pop out:boom, sprinted up to the boxes that block the way, took cover behind it and waited for my health to recharge, stood up and shot down everyone behind it :uzi:, went prone and crawled up to one of the entrances of the side tunnel things, positioned myself so i could just see the enemy in the tiny room thing, shot him down but also took a lot of damage from him and the enemy behind me in the other tunnel thing, got to cover and recharged, then went to the other tunnel and did the same thing, flashbanged down both tunnels, cautiously went down one of them, shot down the guy that runs out, try to shoot him down before he takes cover behind the pole, then went prone, crawled up to the side of the next tunnel and shot down the guy still in the tunnel, went to cover, came out again and shot down the guy at the end of the tunnel, ran for cover on the right side on the tunnel wall, waited for the guy who comes out on the left side of the pole in the next tiny room and shot him down, flashbanged and grenaded the room, ran up and shot down the guy on the right, careful not to be in sight of the next tunnel, went prone and shot down the guy out there, the teammates ran out on the other side of the tunnel, how they got their i dont know, ran to join them, went up to the slow moving door, i got there at about 2:45 on my first try and got shot down when i went through the door lol... all that for nothing:mad:, but I did it again anyway and this time shot down the enemies on the other side of the boxes quicker, leaving a few for my teammates to deal with... and made it to the door with 3:05 before impact, and got the checkpoint, so i think u need to do it with over 3:00 remaining. Hope i helped.... :)

BTW I did this on veteran...

I too am at the silo part checkpoint. I must have played that part for an 1hr and 1/2. I have about 5:45 on the clock. I made it once to the door with very little time on the clock and got shot down as my AI teammates ran toward the door. I'll try the above suggestion. I found using the flashbangs are a must. The AK really tears um up too, I was trying the shotty but it fires too slowly.I just need this lvl and the plane lvl and I'll have the 1000.

I am currently on this mission on veteran, i have got to the first checkpoint at 7:30, but after this there are no more checkpoints, ive basically got to the end and had to go back to 7:30, its absolutely killing me. Ive reached certain places at the times people have said, and still no checkpoint, this has happened to me on other levels where i try the samw bit 10 or 15 times, then ill randomly get a checkpoint. Bad game making, checkpoints should always be clear and consistent.

A video would be greatly appreciated, I reached a checkpoint before entering the hallways have about a good 7:34m left at that. There are just so many enemies and it seems when there are no enemies around the corner another will surprise you when you least expect it.

I do have to ask, if there any checkpoints after clearing the hallways?

I just did it and it definitely was not that fun.

I'll try to remember, after the 5:40 mark i ran down to around a 3:30 from that area and then theres another checkpoint at around the 1:50 mark i had, and then you turn off the controls

Its messed up because you fnish with about 1:30 left on the timer, so the checkpoints really dont make much sense. Afteri got through that hall (ran up to the boxes, killed all the guys in the middle that appear), i laid prone and went to the right (the left part when you come in i guess) and peaked out the littlest bit to kill the guy, then turned around and peaked out the littlest bit to kill the guy on the right. Then i went up the left way (from the way you come) and walked halfway, waited for the guy and killed him, peaked a little and killed another guy and then tossed a FB and nade down the hall to clear 2 more guys. At this point i think there was only one guy in the hallway across from me and i just booked to to planting the c4.

its a piece of cake from there., sorry im not that much of a help i was just focused on trying to finish it rather than all that i did

Yeah its not really all that hard, just frustrating because i know i wanted to rush it every time i died since i had spent a decent amount of time on it (and had to make it to my classes on campus).

Finished the game not long after this, the last mission was pretty fun

And completely off topic but ive never bothered to figure it out, how do you get your gamertag info in your avatar

Finished it tonight. Here was my tactic:

Situation: M4A1 SOPMOD, Dragunov, 4 Flash, 4 Frags, 8 40mm grenades.

• Turn on NVGs.
  • Use 5.56mm rounds to take out the guys (4) that rush out of the tunnels to the main area.
  • Take up position on either side, push Cpt. Price out to the middle if need be, and switch to your Launcher. Fire one down each hallway, but land it on the floor in the middle, not the corner. You should hear the campers on each side groan as the 'nade goes off.
  • Reload your M4A1, switch out your secondary weapon for the M104 shotgun. Load it all the way up with whatever ammo is convenient. Pick a hallway, and go down.
  • As you come to the missle tube, turn towards the objective and fire two shots with your M104 into the doorway as you rush past it. Throw a frag in there for good measure.
  • Switch back to your 40mm Launcher. Fire some grenades down the tunnel, making sure you clear out the part in the middle of the hall where shotgun guys like to camp.
  • Proceed down the hall to the second missle, still using your launcher. Fire again to clear this area. As you come through, switch back to your shotgun and do the two quick shots to clear any fool standing too close to the exit of the hallway.
  • If you have any 40mm's left, fire them downrange at this point, to the other missle on the far side. Pick off whomever is left with your M4... the NVGs will make this a lot easier. There should be about 3-4 guys down this tunnel. I have about 4 mins left at this point, so TAKE YOUR TIME.
  • Halfway up the exit tunnel, you will hear Price talking again. Rush out and to the blast doors. I checkpointed at 3:47 left and had NO PROBLEMS. By the time I C4'd the wall (2:06 left) and cleared the room, deactivating the missles (1:22 left) it seemed STUPID.
  • YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME.

Hope that helps somebody out. Happy gaming, all! Now to get that Mile High Club...

yes grenade launcher is a MUST for that final part in the silo tunnels just before the slow opening door.

i restarted the game since i stupidly discarded that rifle early on. if your a crappy shot like myself, then i can't stress the grenade launcher enough. those long tunnels will bring you to a grinding halt if you dont bring your launcher with ya.

also it's advisable to save all your nades for that part in the tunnels like palegringo said. i think i had 10 launcher nades. i used them all up in those tunnels. after you reach the slow opening door, it's EASY from then on out, well, by veteran standards.

you can only strafe out and shoot with bullets if you have godly reflexes, luck, and insane accuracy. anything less will either kill you almost instantly or eat up way too much time. launching nades makes this part a lot easier, garanteed.