hardest call of duty ever.

Katarn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems to me that 3 is harder than 2 but that may be because 2 was made better and there are parts where your team gets glitched and you can't finish the level

I am about half way through the campaign now and i have only been playing for a couple of days. But it took my only a couple of days to beat COD2 and i beat 4 in a day and a half

there are parts that are hard though that i am at. Like in the beginning levels where you have to charge up the hill and attack the Machine gun nests, and then when you have to hide in the factory and go out and do stuff like planting explosives. Its annoying and unnecessarily hard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It took me a day to do cod 3, day and a half to do cod 5 and i did cod 2 & 4 in less than 12 hours all on vet, but I have been gamin for 15+ years so its second nature to me lol but yeah the cods are among the hardest games I've played on the highst setting and this is the one thing that I love about the Cod games is the challange

It's because treyarch or whatever their sh*tty name is cannot make a call of duty game. COD2 and COD4 are brilliant and are difficult in the sense that it takes some serious skill to do on veteran. COD3 and COD5(WAW) are just pony and are made by Treyarch and just make it difficult by being shot by a enemy ten miles away or one of the infinite number of grenades the axis must carry round in the bottomless bags. Lazy arse programming is all it is. Exactly the reason they didn't even call WAW COD5 because Activision did not want to even be associated with such a sh*t game. Bring on Modern Warfare 2 which will no doubt be a brilliant game.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

• 4 weeks later...

Can't say that I have tried COD 3 on veteran...YET. However, my list for Veteran Difficulty would be:

1) COD WaW (trying to get up those stairs and to the top of the building where you fly the flag...oh man that was tough)

2) COD 2 (Holding that hill towards the end of the game)

3) COD 4: MW (I don't even remember the rest of the game being hard...cause Mile High can Kiss my Ass)

Edited by big red marino

• 3 weeks later...

No way is CoD 3 the hardest. I am currently playing 5 and the grenade fest that is the single player is BEYOND ridiculous. I shit you not, I once had SIX grenades thrown on my position at once. No exaggeration. SIX.

From hardest to easiest:

1. Call of Duty: World At War

2. Call of Duty 3

3. Call of Duty 2

4. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Enough said.

• 2 weeks later...

My order would be

1. Call of duty: WAW

2. Call of duty 2

3. Call of duty 3

4. Call of duty 4

World at war is hardest in my opinion as veteran require's more luck than actual skill (With all the grenade spamming). Call of duty 2 second as some missions seemed impossible. Call of duty 3 third because of the very far spaced checkpoints. Call of duty 4 was actually enjoyable on veteran compared to the other three.

It must be said that Call of duty 3 is only tough on veteran because of the arcane checkpoint system, retarded allie's and the overall glitchyness of the campaign where enemies can shoot through walls and stuff.

No way is CoD 3 the hardest. I am currently playing 5 and the grenade fest that is the single player is BEYOND ridiculous. I shit you not, I once had SIX grenades thrown on my position at once. No exaggeration. SIX.

From hardest to easiest:

1. Call of Duty: World At War

2. Call of Duty 3

3. Call of Duty 2

4. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Enough said.

Same as my list. The amount of grenade spam was rediculous. W@W was the first game where i've actually thrown my controller. COD3 had some pretty close moments (We gotta get across this roadddd.)

COD4 was the easiest in my opinion. I finished it in a matter of days with not too much effort.

Modern Warfare 2 looks promising

Granted i havent 100% all of the COD's on veteran, but im getting the feeling Waw is the most difficult (for me) purely based on the grenade spam, and at times the checkpoint system being a bit erratic. Cod 4 was frustrating, but after some away time i was able to pick it up and finish the last few levels quite easily. Ive recently picked up 2 again and have found although there is quite a bit of grenade spam, its not as bad as WaW, and your team mates do seem to help a bit more

Bring on MW2

• 3 weeks later...

CoD4 took me a lot more time to complete, but it was also the first Next Gen shooter I ever played besides Halo, when I did 2 and 3 the following year, they seemed cakey. Admitedly, 3 is probably the hardest of the bunch in terms of pure twitch shooter goodness, while 4 made you press the trigger more, 3 made you scramble to hit the RIGHT buttons more.

MW2, is insanely easy, even the spec ops was dissapointing, in MW2 the checkpoints were so frecuent you could just keep pushing through without much trouble, the MW2 Spec Ops was more challenging, but not the, "i'm going to tear out my hair and stuff it down my xbox's disk drive and punt it across my yard moment" (maybe ause i did Co-op on the later stages)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...