Fun without video games? Or always bored?

WRETCHES

After you play 360 for awhile those "little" things that you used to do that give your excitement or fun don't happen because your gaming in your spare time, and once enough time passes you'll lose exciting times.

For example, being the teenager i am, i sometimes would rather sit on my lazy ass and play some RSV2 then go out to the gun range, workout, or even just go down to the freestyle bike park like i used too. (Just went there for the first time in 2 years). But i agree, video games seem to take the inner drive out of you, and thankfully i'm getting that back :).

I go to new places that are out of my element for fun. I'm far from a bar/club person, so every other weekend (or whenever other people are game) we'll head to shitty dive bars or clubs and just bask in the dumb.

I also enjoy performing at Open Mic Nights with my weird two person, one guitar band, Huge Ackman. I am also a writer, semi-professionally, although I wouldn't mind getting paid for it. I'm more of a story/screenplay kind of guy, less of an article kind of guy.

Video games are fun, but there are plenty other things that I love to do.

Anybody else finding life to be boring all the time without games? Nothing else is fun anymore...and I'm not sure if anything else was to begin with.

That's going a bit far imo, I understand what you're saying just that there's alot out there which is equally fun, moreso even

There does exist a world outside of your XBox/Computer room...

Make some real friends, go watch a movie, go to a restaurant, hang out, etc... You can do so many fun tings without video games, you just have to find something to do that you will enjoy. I suffer from being extremely bored IF I'm at home and I have nothing to do and my xbox is just sitting there, but if I can leave and do something, then I try to, and I dont get bored....

Basically, take up a hobby.

There does exist a world outside of your XBox/Computer room...Make some real friends, go watch a movie, go to a restaurant, hang out, etc... You can do so many fun tings without video games, you just have to find something to do that you will enjoy. I suffer from being extremely bored IF I'm at home and I have nothing to do and my xbox is just sitting there, but if I can leave and do something, then I try to, and I dont get bored....Basically, take up a hobby.

yeah that what i do usually when im not playing videogames or anything related to that subject. i usually go out grab a bite with my friends

i used to only play xbox or play xbox with friends, but in the last year or so i've started doing alot more stuff. For example i started sculpting (little figures) and have discovered that cutting down trees is super fun. Like, really really fun. ( i only cut down buckthorn, which is an invasive species). so in other words yes there is a ton of shit to too other than xbox. get a hobby, or start playing a sport or something.

Anybody else finding life to be boring all the time without games? Nothing else is fun anymore...and I'm not sure if anything else was to begin with.

I find WORK boring without videogames. I used to work in a gameshop so was surrounded by videogames, which is the next best thing to playing them ;)

But now I work in IT, I sit at work and think, 'I could be at home playing games right now'.

I do also find that I have to play at least a little bit every day, if I go without it feels weird... if I miss XBox time, I'll have to have a bit of DS in bed or something... that's really quite strange isn't it?

Having said all that, I do do other things, like going to the pub with mates or doing a bit of retail therapy, but videogaming definitely takes up a massive part of my spare time - it always has and I imagine it always will! :woop: