The Event Petition (AKA voicing our frustration to Epic)

Buckles Supreme

Hey guys I know everyone is really mad about the whole Socialite ribbons and the events not working and Epic not really doing a whole lot about it. I think tat we could voice our opinions like everyone does in this forum but in a more constructive and useful way. We can get people to sign a petition or at least group or frustration into one large mass that Epic can't ignore. THEY WILL LISTEN if we can raise enough hell and not just on forums by sending our pain their way. There is nothing that a company hates more than bad feedback and if we raise enough hell Epic will listen and do something to make us quiet. List your opinion below and I will consider whether I want to see this become a real thing or not. If it does I will certainly let this site and others know so they can sign and make Epic listen.

Answer this question: At this point can Epic make money by giving a shit about any of the achievements for Gears 3?

If the answer is "No." then you have your answer as well. I saw the quick decline of their support before Gears:Judgement was even announced. After it was announced it made sense as to way so many issues were left unresolved and all the DLC felt phoned in. They're done with the game, nothing will change for it.

I am one of the lucky one who was able to get the Event achievement while it was glitched, that being said I am upset that they never let the weapon kills in Horde count towards medals like they said they would if there was a demand for it. I remember watching Rod do the live chat and after he said it Twitter blew up with people trying to get them to update that. Other then that I don't have much to be mad at them for since I never had any big problems with resets or multiplayer, just hate that I have to do 30k in kills...

Answer this question: At this point can Epic make money by giving a shit about any of the achievements for Gears 3?

If the answer is "No." then you have your answer as well. I saw the quick decline of their support before Gears:Judgement was even announced. After it was announced it made sense as to way so many issues were left unresolved and all the DLC felt phoned in. They're done with the game, nothing will change for it.

^ x1000

I doubt any petition (no matter how big the support behind it is, or how well written it would be), is going to convince Epic to tinker with mechanics of a game they're pretty much finished with.

And like I've said before, especially for the sake of achievements. Epic has always had the bad reputation for not really caring about the aftermath of achievements, and whether they're really "fair." I'm not trying to flame Epic or anything, but looking back at "Seriously..." and the glitches that it had tied to it, "Annex: Now With Execution Rules" and it's timed playlist, and I could even go as far as saying "A Series of Tubes" because there are some people that just can't host games- you really get the sense that "Socialite" and "Seriously 3.0" are just the SSDD of Gears 3 BS cheevos. o_o

(Truly, I see 1850 in Gears 3 as a completed score sometimes.)

The only petition that will work is not playing the game at all. Imagine if a game ranking in the top 5 most played online games on Xbox LIVE just about every week since its release just suddenly drops out of the top 20?

That will hurt them a lot more than words on an online petition which every gamer and their dog can sign.

What this petition should be focussed on is their future endeavors, such as Judgement.Targeting a game that they've already made their money on, is not acomplishing much.You have to speak to them with a language they understand....MONEY!! By not buying their next game,you make a much stronger point.

^ x 1,000,000,000,000

A petition at this point is the equivalent of shutting the barn door after the horses have already escaped.

DO NOT support any future Epic project whatsoever, even if they put out Shadow Complex 2. That'll speak louder than anything.

• 5 weeks later...
^ x 1,000,000,000,000

A petition at this point is the equivalent of shutting the barn door after the horses have already escaped.

DO NOT support any future Epic project whatsoever, even if they put out Shadow Complex 2. That'll speak louder than anything.

I agree. If you try to talk to them on forums or twitter posts can be deleted. The only way they will listen is if you mess with their money. If the pre-orders for Judgement don't come in and it doesn't sell well, that will send the loudest message of all.

Fuck yeah, SIGN ME UP! I'm so fed up with this, just played another game and still got NOTHING, this has gone too far and is unacceptable, players aiming for S 3.0 are screwed and people stuck with just a few more ribbons until they get the achievement they've at least spend 7.5 months on are screwed as well. Personally have 28 events played and if Epic did their job I could've thrown this game in the trashcan 2 weeks ago. You can put my name on the list if you're making one.

The only petition that will work is not playing the game at all. Imagine if a game ranking in the top 5 most played online games on Xbox LIVE just about every week since its release just suddenly drops out of the top 20?

That will hurt them a lot more than words on an online petition which every gamer and their dog can sign.

^This

I think it wont matter with gears of war 3 but on the other hand with judgement we can hurt sales by not purchasing the game on launch day and/or we don't make any pre-orders. I for one am not going to support epic games again, i am done with the gears of war series. fuck judgement.

• 2 weeks later...
I would sign it for sure.

I got a "judgement is coming" ribbon at the weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a new ribbon? So when they said they couldn't do anymore than 35 it was BS...

They take out older ribbons and replace them with new ones. I think that's the problem with the Socialite medal, people are losing points toward the medal when they cycle a ribbon out to put in a new one.

Also, complaining to Epic won't solve anything because they don't know what they're doing. See the custom matches settings and how some of them have changed over time? It's because they can't add more than eight options at a time, so they have to remove one to put another in. It's really kind of sad.

• 2 weeks later...