Achievement Discussion

Clueless

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The achievement policy is usually advisory as far as I'm concerned. Normally there just to give some sort of idea of how to handle it and not let devs go nuts and add 10,000 achievements or make a game give 50,000G across 2 shiny gold stars.

That's not really how gamerscore works. They had restrictions that each game usually has to follow. Retail games are usually 1000g while arcade games were 200g but are now forced to 400g. Plus you'll probably never see a 10,000 gs game.

My guess is that since it will include Doom 1 and 2, they add to 400 which leaves Doom 3 as 600 which then equals a full 1000. Makes sense to me, and besides at least Doom 3 got a full 50 achievements, and not like 35 or something stupid.

Not really since it seems those games won't have achievements, nobody said anywhere that there linked to the xbla versions which have too many bugs.

Plus if doom 3 was an 'arcade' style game then the max they could really give is 400gs now. Plus it's not going to hurt anyone if they put the numbers up since this supposed to be a retail game. I don't mind how many number of achievments there are but the achievement seems a bit silly like barely 10-15gs for collecting stuff while that should have been something like 30gs but was decreased to avoid giving much gs.

Unless there planning to add more dlc down the line.

My guess is that since it will include Doom 1 and 2, they add to 400 which leaves Doom 3 as 600 which then equals a full 1000. Makes sense to me, and besides at least Doom 3 got a full 50 achievements, and not like 35 or something stupid.

Not really since it seems those games won't have achievements, nobody said anywhere that there (they're - sic) linked to the xbla versions which have too many bugs.

Who says Doom 1 and 2 won't have achievements? Obviously they do, hence Doom 3 only having 600G. And, nobody DIDN'T say that they wouldn't be linked... see what I did there? ;)

Every article I've read say that Doom 1 and 2 are the XBLA versions, so why wouldn't they keep the current achievements?

It's possible that your gamercard might be "restructured" to include Doom 1, 2 and 3 all under a 1000G banner instead of being three separate games. Maybe they're combining all three games for 1000G as one complete game, and you will get to keep the achievements you've unlocked for Doom 1 and 2. Anyone think of that?

Of course, they may not combine all three games into one. Nonetheless, you will be able to play Doom 1 and 2 off the retail disc and unlock 200G in each of those games, giving you a full 1000G for the entire retail release, regardless if it's just one game or three separate games. I have never heard anything otherwise.

It would be nice if someone from Bethesda or id said something otherwise, but devs never comment on achievements.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Of course, they may not combine all three games into one. Nonetheless, you will be able to play Doom 1 and 2 off the retail disc and unlock 200G in each of those games, giving you a full 1000G for the entire retail release, regardless if it's just one game or three separate games. I have never heard anything otherwise.

Exactly! If you have already done Doom 1 and 2 to 200, then the 600 will add to it and give the full 1000. If you have not, then you get all the possible achievements and can then get the full 1000 at that point, so it all works out together.

oh come on 600?

now I "have to" play the shitty first 2? yes I said shitty, they have no nostalgic value for me so I'm left with a poor looking, generic FPS that gives me motion-sickness

Sorry but you're not a real Doom fan then, maybe just a Doom 3 fan.

By the way, you don't HAVE to. It's not going to say 600/1000 and not completed. You could just stick with the 600 you know. Still no reason not to play Doom 1 and 2 which are infinities better than Doom 3 as a whole.

Who says Doom 1 and 2 won't have achievements? Obviously they do, hence Doom 3 only having 600G. And, nobody DIDN'T say that they wouldn't be linked... see what I did there? ;)

Every article I've read say that Doom 1 and 2 are the XBLA versions, so why wouldn't they keep the current achievements?

It's possible that your gamercard might be "restructured" to include Doom 1, 2 and 3 all under a 1000G banner instead of being three separate games. Maybe they're combining all three games for 1000G as one complete game, and you will get to keep the achievements you've unlocked for Doom 1 and 2. Anyone think of that?

Somehow I get the feeling I'm getting tricked here since wanted to get the achievements again, with a less buggy version of the arcades games like ultimate doom, final doom, the infamous master levels. There's really no excuse for less achievements since the original doom games have no achievements whatsoever on the disc or so it seems. The least they could have done was seperate the achivements like the mgs collection because I was looking forward to attempting to 1000gs for doom 3 but it seems that's not going to happen. :uzi:

Even worse is the terrible gs for completing on nightmare since its worth more than what they put down. I know there trying to work on doom 4 but these achievements were lazy, rushed. (Turkey puncher achievement need I say more?)

Somehow I get the feeling I'm getting tricked here since wanted to get the achievements again, with a less buggy version of the arcades games like ultimate doom, final doom, the infamous master levels.

Does Bethesda even own the rights to distribute Final Doom and Master Levels? I don't think they do. I think they only own id Software-developed games (Wolf 3D/Spear, Doom 1-3/ROE [co-developed by Nerve Software], Quake 1-3, Rage), and they were developed by a third party, even though Master Levels was developed under contract from id. They still personally didn't develop it.

There's really no excuse for less achievements since the original doom games have no achievements whatsoever on the disc or so it seems.

How do you know this? Do you have a source that says this? As far as anyone knows, these are the exact same games you can get on XBLA. If you don't have them already, I'm 100% sure you can unlock 200G in each game off the Doom 3 disc. Why would you believe otherwise? I don't understand.

We don't know what they are doing yet as far as maybe combining all three games on your gamercard into one game for 1000G. The game is coming out in a month and a half. How can we possibly speculate what they are going to do when we don't work for them? When was the last time you saw a developer or distributor discuss their achievements with the public? Never. We don't know what they're doing, so all we can do is wait and see. I don't see why a lot of people on here are getting themselves worked up over a goddamn achievement list, that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of life. Can it cure cancer, drive a car, go to school? I'll never understand why people don't play games just to play games anymore. Everything has to have a reward attached to it. Achievements mean nothing. Virtual numbers on a gaming console.

The least they could have done was seperate the achivements like the mgs collection because I was looking forward to attempting to 1000gs for doom 3 but it seems that's not going to happen.

And they did separate the GS based on the game like the MGS Collection... Doom 1 is 200G, Doom 2 is 200G and Doom 3 is 600G. Total is 1000G. I mean come on, does it *really* matter if they are separately listed on your gamercard? 600G in Doom 3 is still 100%. What is this obsession with people and having everything nice and orderly on their gamercard? I'll never understand...

Even worse is the terrible gs for completing on nightmare since its worth more than what they put down. I know there trying to work on doom 4 but these achievements were lazy, rushed. (Turkey puncher achievement need I say more?)

Maybe they wanted variety in their list? Include a few fun achievements, like they have in Duke Nukem Forever (ok, the pinball is not fun, bad example) or Prey or countless other games with random, off the wall achievements ("Dastardly" in Red Dead Redemption or "Horse Puncher" in Darkest of Days or even some of the Rage achievements). Did you just want level completion achievements?

They had to include three games in their 50 achievements (Doom 3, ROE and Lost Mission). If they included Doom 1 and 2 in those 50 achievements, there would be even less for each game! The points would be more, but it'd still only be 50 achievements. Doom 1 and 2's achievements are as streamlined as could be, so if they included at least 8 of the 12 from each of those games, that leaves only 34 achievements for Doom 3, ROE and Lost Mission. What ones would you take out? What ones would you keep? It would be impossible to have a good achievement list if you included Doom 1, 2, 3, ROE and Lost Mission. Impossible. They'd all be level and difficulty achievements. There simply isn't enough to include all five games.

Yeah, they could have taken the Infinity Ward way out and just put in level completion achievements. Or they could have gone the Quake 4 route and made them all impossible. Some people said Rage was too easy. Maybe they listened and decided to up the ante just a little without going overboard. Who knows. Who cares. Why can't we just be happy with what we got?

I'm happy with these achievements.

EDIT: That moved thread created a double post so sorry about that. What I said in the second post is after what's below.

---

This man speaks the truth. :goodpost

I too agree that gaming in general seems to be on the decline since a lot of people nowadays are drawn to rewards and achievements. If there are none, they won't get it. If they're too hard, too easy, or whatever then people will complain.

I'm beginning to slowly lean more towards those who just buy games and play them and enjoy them like the good 'ol days before achievements 'ruined' games. At least I personally believe they did, or rather they ruined the people who play them.

---

Personally I really love this list apart from the Nightmare which has me a bit worried, but as long as we can still save at any time then I'm all good and I can handle it. I sure hope this 'checkpoint save system' doesn't mean we don't get manual saves.

Also hoping the MP is easily boostable but if the past games by id are of any consolation they will be.

Everything else looks solid. I kinda figured there would be achievements for all the collectable stuff but was sort-of hoping against it. Good thing I decided to put up the storage locker codes for that one, which will make that one a bit easier at least.

Really looking forward to this game, can't wait to blast some demons like the good 'ol days of Doom 3.

Edited by Nevander

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't it much more likely that it will be a regular 1000g game, but including repeats of achievements from Doom 1 & 2 in its list, so both the originals will launch through Doom 3, rather than being the arcade stand-alones.

It seems unlikely that it would be 600g in total, as that would be a first for a retail game right? If they all play from the Doom 3 disc, making them separate to the two XBLA releases, all the achievements can be unlocked again as they are technically Doom 3 BFG editions achievements.

Hope that all made sense...

I'm almost 100% positive it will work out in one of the following scenarios:

Scenario 1:

1. You do not own Doom 1 or 2 on XBLA.
  2. You get Doom 3: BFG Edition.
  3. Doom 3: BFG Edition has it's own list, the 50 for 600.
  4. Doom 1 and 2 is included in the package but are listed on your GT as separate games.
  5. Since separate, you will obtain two sets of 12 for 200.
  6. All three will add to a 1000.

Scenario 2:

1. You already own Doom 1 and 2 for XBLA.
  2. You either have not or have completed one or both to 12 for 200.
  3. Doom 3: BFG Edition still listed as separate game.
  4. Doom 1 and 2 with this edition are not stackable with the XBLA versions and instead are the exact same as the XBLA versions but are on the disc and can be played from it.

I would say it's impossible for Doom 1 and 2 to have stackable lists since Doom 3: BFG Edition is only 600 and 50 achievements, all tied to Doom 3 stuff.

Factor in the fact that Doom 1 and 2 are both 200 AND are included in the package, it makes perfect sense for them to be on your GT as separate games and in the end add to a 1000 with the 200 from Doom, 200 from Doom 2, and the 600 from Doom 3.

Simples. Not sure why people are over-thinking this. It's fairly obvious^^^.

• 2 weeks later...
LOL boosters such noobs

Real mature pal. I guess this means that nearly 75% of this entire 360A community are noobs then, or did you forget what this site is based upon?

There is nothing wrong with boosting acheivements. Not everyone has the time to get these legit with soo many other games we have to play. Also not everyone that boosts acheivements doesn't play the MP legit as well.

I had so much fun with the 2 vs. 2 mp of Doom3 on the original xbox, I'm going to be all over this.. as soon as those MP acheivements are boosted though! :woop:

Boosting leaderboard and game stats is wrong, not boosting for acheivements.

Been doing some thinking and I think it actually may be possible to net ALL the MP achievements in ONE whole match.

This is assuming the map "Frag Chamber" has a berserk power-up, invisibility power-up, a teleporter, and a Rocket Launcher on it.

Here's how:

I have read/seen that the MP is a 2-4 online player size. No word yet if they can be done in private or not but let's assume that they can't.

Get four players and get into the same match together through whatever method works (or set up a private game if you can do them in private).

One player will get all the achievements in one game by doing the following:

1. Kills a player by using the crusher, obtains Crushed!.
  2. Have another player go through the teleporter and then the one getting the kills walks in directly after, obtains Telefragged!.
  3. Finds the invisibility and kills the other three players a combined total of five times, obtains Ninja Killer.
  4. Finds the berserk and kills one other player with it, obtains Berserked!.
  5. Have two of the other players stand together in the same room and blow up both with the Rocket Launcher, obtains 2 Deaths - 1 Gun.
  6. Player getting the kills is now up to ten kills, finishes the match without being killed and then obtains Clean Sheet.
  7. Move on to next player.
  8. Repeat all steps with each person.
  9. DONE!

Now, let's assume that map doesn't have all the items, at least Crushed! and Clean Sheet can be done. Once I have the game, I will write the best possible way to get all of these quickly.

Edited by Nevander

Been doing some thinking and I think it actually may be possible to net ALL the MP achievements in ONE whole match.

This is assuming the map "Frag Chamber" has a berserk power-up, invisibility power-up, a teleporter, and a Rocket Launcher on it.

Here's how:

I have read/seen that the MP is a 2-4 online player size. No word yet if they can be done in private or not but let's assume that they can't.

Get four players and get into the same match together through whatever method works (or set up a private game if you can do them in private).

One player will get all the achievements in one game by doing the following:

1. Kills a player by using the crusher, obtains Crushed!.
  2. Have another player go through the teleporter and then the one getting the kills walks in directly after, obtains Telefragged!.
  3. Finds the invisibility and kills the other three players a combined total of five times, obtains Ninja Killer.
  4. Finds the berserk and kills one other player with it, obtains Berserked!.
  5. Have two of the other players stand together in the same room and blow up both with the Rocket Launcher, obtains 2 Deaths - 1 Gun.
  6. Player getting the kills is now up to ten kills, finishes the match without being killed and then obtains Clean Sheet.
  7. Move on to next player.
  8. Repeat all steps with each person.
  9. DONE!

Now, let's assume that map doesn't have all the items, at least Crushed! and Clean Sheet can be done. Once I have the game, I will write the best possible way to get all of these quickly.

that all seems very possible to do in one go, the first thing im gonna do before i play the story is to get all the mp cheevos out of the way first.

Real mature pal. I guess this means that nearly 75% of this entire 360A community are noobs then, or did you forget what this site is based upon?

There is nothing wrong with boosting acheivements. Not everyone has the time to get these legit with soo many other games we have to play. Also not everyone that boosts acheivements doesn't play the MP legit as well.

I had so much fun with the 2 vs. 2 mp of Doom3 on the original xbox, I'm going to be all over this.. as soon as those MP acheivements are boosted though! :woop:

Boosting leaderboard and game stats is wrong, not boosting for acheivements.

I like how you say "so many other games we have to play"

Have to play?

Why? Got no life? lol

I agree with the OP, Boosting is for dickheads will no skills at gaming.