Bitching Thread

the only bitch i have on the game is that god damn RC race on the roof. everything else was fine for me but i am very thankful that the hovercraft races were not needed for gold brick or the 100%, for the flying races just hold forward and push A for up and B for down, it really is not that hard. i maybe failed one and thats all. No freezes or anything on my game and i installed my disk like i do all my games because i think thats the smart thing to do to be honest

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that race for Maria Hill with the Go-Karts is a pain-a-doodle!

Highly recommend just veering right into her the second it starts. First race, I got it so she turned into the side and got stuck behind me for a bit. The final race, I must've caused her to stall out bc I got my kart under hers and when I finally got away, her arrow sat in that spot.

Other than that, the freezing is probably the biggest complaint. I'd complain about the grind for 100% but it's honestly too much fun! I thought I'd be grinding for a while just to move up a percent! (Completing the story barely gets you above 30% I think) Just got the 10x multiplier and if you're just wanting to buy characters/red bricks easy and ASAP after the story, go to the Taco Icon side mission which has you earn 1 million studs as the goal and you can keep em. Did it about 5 times to get my Character Faction achievements :drunk

Wow- just started this one & I have had a game-breaking freeze every single time I have played. I was playing co-op with my son yesterday and got almost to the end of the Hawkeye/Black Widow mission & got a black screen with HUD & sound after a cut-scene. Upon reloading, got the same thing with a white screen twice. Had to play that one over from the beginning.

After completing Level 3 for the story, I am now in New York, I wish there was a legend to know what the icons mean.

The hub arrow is weird.

Trying to get a Gold brick, it's an air race, but the flying controls are terrible

EDIT: Finally got the hang of it (sort of), then I end up in the subway and fucked up, I want to slow down not stop!

The camera rotation gets stuck and the angle is terrible.

I know exactly the one you're talking about. Starting at the Helicarrier, right? Just fly normally. When you're on that big open straight down-angle to the docks before the tunnels is the best spot for a speed boost.

I felt the worst race was obviously the Go-Kart Race for Maria Hill.

There's one gold brick I can't complete on the NY Hub and it has to do with the sniffing/digging characters. I follow the trail and then it just "dies" and I can't find where to dig for the brick.

I know exactly the one you're talking about. Starting at the Helicarrier, right? Just fly normally. When you're on that big open straight down-angle to the docks before the tunnels is the best spot for a speed boost.

I felt the worst race was obviously the Go-Kart Race for Maria Hill.

There's one gold brick I can't complete on the NY Hub and it has to do with the sniffing/digging characters. I follow the trail and then it just "dies" and I can't find where to dig for the brick.

when you get to the the third location break the two statues dig then an arrow of coins points downwards, go to the little area of trees and grass between the two side walks dig, then walk back the same way you came and the last one is under a dumpster

If the Maria races are the hardest, I'm smooth sailing now since I've finished them (they were actually my first races). The first one (go-kart) took a while (maybe like 6 or 7 tries), but the third one I got first time. My trouble is that I was starting a little too soon (hey, it worked in Mario Kart) and couldn't catch up, then going around the turns I would turn too much.

I've only had to do a few flying races over again because of the controls, and it's initially when I started off for the first few rings. Pain in the ass but once you get the hang of it, it's good. Maybe it's best to do them all in a row so you don't forget how to do them a couple of days later after not doing one. I'm about half way through them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Air races. I thought the platforming in past games was bad, but the flying mechanics in this game are HORRIBLE.

Amen to that.

The races (air and ground) are making me lose the will to live -.- plus, Iron Man (I use him a lot) keeps getting sucked into the floor =/ using the lift on the Helicarrier to get inside, 90% of the time my game crashes/freezes. Also, during the side missions where you have to fight x amount of bad guys, alongside a random character - the enemies get stuck (I was in the underground and searching for the last dude for 10 minutes, he somehow got trapped above me, against a light -.-) and yea...this game is frustration.

One thing is that you can't FUCKING change characters when you're the Hulk or Venom or anyone who transforms pretty much. LIKE WHYYY. Hold :ybut: to change also makes you transform. the fuck.

This frustrated me too (the whole game frustrates me lol) - when you're in the middle of the characters transformation, just keep hitting Y, then the character thingy will popup.

• 5 months later...

This will be my last Lego game. Terrible control, boring missions, ridiculous grinding, and I haven't even gotten into all the glitches. How can a developer put out the same game year after year with exactly the same progression? I guess I'm the fool for playing a dozen of them. The 10K GS I've earned is a nice consolation.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have had it with this game I have 245 gold bricks 98.7% compleation, and I just don't have it in me to do the last few races I need to do, time to move on, If I put more time on it I could probably do it, but its not worth the stress for 40 points.

Like other people bitching, the flaying controls are messed up, the biggest problem I have is adjusting elevation, while keeping speed, it seems impossible.

Anyways that's all I have to say about this game, time to move on to another game.

GoodNight.