Call of Duty 4 Remake

Rasp

Call of Duty 4 is recalled by most as the FPS that revolutionized all other FPS'. I was thinking of it the other day and I would really enjoy a remake of the game. Improve the graphics a bit. Add some extra things, such as pro perks, maybe some customizable kill streaks, fix all the glitches etc. I would really enjoy it because COD4 was my favorite COD.

What are your thoughts.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just no.

Call of Duty is about as far from revolutionary as you can get. I'd almost go as far as to claim that it is the largest cause of stagnation for the FPS genre.

Call of Duty 4 in my mind is the reason their is a ranking system, gun and weapon challenges and the fast paced gameplay. They are still banking on this, which IMO is wrong and ya, its stale. But when COD4 came out, it was miles ahead of another other FPS.

I was going to say a lot more but I'll just say what hydrosugar said. MW3 is pretty much CoD 4 with slightly better graphics. And CoD 4 isn't even old, its still part of this gen.

I was just about to say this before I read your post. COD4 hasn't been out that long and people are calling for it to be remade?

Why not just play the original? I still play Super Mario 3 on the NES :)

I was just about to say this before I read your post. COD4 hasn't been out that long and people are calling for it to be remade?

Why not just play the original? I still play Super Mario 3 on the NES :)

It's been out for almost five years now, and if I remember correctly, the servers are hacked and infected which thus makes the game unplayable.

Personally, I would love a remake and gladly pay $60.00 for it. I can't stop imagining how amazing and nostalgic it would be if it were to be released with a new graphics engine.

Oh for the love of *facepalm*

IF it deserves a remake (and that's a big IF), it should be on the next generation of console at the earliest. I'm sorry, yes I enjoyed it immensely back when it was released but what is apparently called "revolutionary" is what made me lose interest in multiplayer for the the FPS genre as a whole. Rewarding players for time spent playing with better weapons and added "perks" puts those who don't have the time to play as much at an even bigger disadvantage than the usual "not familiar with map, spawn points, etc."

I'm sorry but I'm confident that anyone who has played video games beyond the current generation of console can think of a long list of games they feel should get a remake long before CoD4.

I bought it last year and enjoyed it a lot. I just haven't touched multiplayer after everything i've heard of it. All they need to do is fix the multiplayer by patching the hacks. I don't think it needs a remake the graphics still look good and the gameplay in single player (can't speak of cod 4 multiplayer since i haven't played it) is pretty much the same as modern warfare 2. Which people still enjoy playing.

Who knows maybe they will release some modern warfare maps for modern warfare 3. Then you would basically have what you are asking for pretty much.

There are games which are timeless classics that i would never want to see a remake for. Because it just wouldn't feel the same playing it in better graphics. I bet some people feel the same way about cod 4. They want to keep their memories of the game and move on.

For example i enjoyed Deus Ex Human Revolution a lot, but i would never want a remake for original Deus Ex. Which is a timeless classic in my opinion and it would lose a lot of its magic when remade.

Edited by Mutalus

Halo played a bigger role when it comes to FPS on consoles, sure IW took RPG elements to create an addictive multiplayer part. I would hold Halo and Goldeneye over Cod 4 personally because they did it way ahead of their time for the console generation

Why remake a 5 year old game? Cod 4 is great if you get a good lobby, for retards its obviously hacked but the fact that ive gotten in to no modded/hacked lobby the last times ive played it doesnt matter because nowadays everybody is a hacker according to the online population.

Cba with multiquoting people so ill do it simple

Jtrigger: Start dropping titles, you can think of hundreds yet i didnt see anything posted

Mutalus: Play it for yourself there is plenty of "people say" bullshit as it is, make your own fucking opinion.

Gingerkid88: Yes 2 games later (IW titles that is) the only upgrade is the graphics... Get the fuck out

Remake = no thanks game is still standing on the shelf

Call of Duty 4 is recalled by most as the FPS that revolutionized all other FPS'. I was thinking of it the other day and I would really enjoy a remake of the game. Improve the graphics a bit. Add some extra things, such as pro perks, maybe some customizable kill streaks, fix all the glitches etc. I would really enjoy it because COD4 was my favorite COD.

What are your thoughts.

These are some of the things that ruined the CoD series.

I am a HUGE fan of CoD4, but it doesn't need a remake. The multiplayer hack is not that bad, a friend and I have played several consecutive hours without encountering a hacked lobby.

Also, there will never be a "perfectly tuned" CoD game because Activision doesn't give two fucks if the game is good, only how much money it will make. Retrofitting all the new features from MW2/3 like Pro Perks and custom kill streaks is dumb. The overdone killstreak rewards from MW2 is what killed the gameplay and pro perks are just a way to reward people who are just to hardcore into the game. Get 500 kills with grenades to get 'Nade Spammer pro. I'd rather use my gun.

No, just no.

Call of Duty is about as far from revolutionary as you can get. I'd almost go as far as to claim that it is the largest cause of stagnation for the FPS genre.

Umm, CoD4 was new for its time. FPS is just being beaten to death by the number of releases right now.

OT: Just no. CoD4 is becoming as overrated as FF7 is imo.

Not exactly sure what you are asking me to play. I have played modern warfare 2 just not on xbox 360. If you meant cod 4 multiplayer then i don't see the point in playing it. When there is a high possibility that i won't get a single match where someone isn't cheating/hacking or the whole lobby isn't modded. I don't need to play the multiplayer to be able to say that hacks and cheats should be fixed. To make that part of the game enjoyable.