Shafted glitch

alexanderarrow

ive now done this 3 times and got no achievement wtf.

can someone explain what i did wrong i bought every perk twice now and pack a punched twice.. in a pub game

When I got it right after it failed to pop, my differences were:

1. Had been in Local/easy, switched to Public/easy/custom (invite only)

2. Had done the PaP last, this time it was the penultimate machine I visited. I successfully popped the achievement when I finished with Double Tap instead.

3. I PaP'd my starting pistol. I highly doubt that had anything to do with it, but my PDW was full on ammo so I never bought a second gun from a wall, affording me the opportunity to experiment and PaP the 1911 >> Mustang & Sally.

4. Finally, I never had this experience, and it may be obvious, but you have to buy every perk - getting a perk from knifing the goblin thingies doesn't count (although you seem to get that, stating you bought every perk twice).

Hope that helps.

[update, I forgot] The final thing I did differently on my successful attempt was to not pick up any parts whatsoever. On my first attempt I had built the trample steam, but on my successful attempt I didn't pick up any keys or building pieces.

Edited by spxyu02
Update

I never had this experience, and it may be obvious, but you have to buy every perk - getting a perk from knifing the goblin thingies doesn't count (although you seem to get that, stating you bought every perk twice).

Hope that helps.

[update, I forgot] The final thing I did differently on my successful attempt was to not pick up any parts whatsoever. On my first attempt I had built the trample steam, but on my successful attempt I didn't pick up any keys or building pieces.

top of the quote. you can NOT get the achievement if you get a perk from the fleas. or whatever the fuck they are. you have to purchase every single perk from their respective machines.

As to not picking up any parts. It's irrelevant. I picked up a key (used to call the elevators) as well as completely built the trample steam in the same game that I unlocked the achievement in.

top of the quote. you can NOT get the achievement if you get a perk from the fleas. or whatever the fuck they are. you have to purchase every single perk from their respective machines.

Yoda, Jumper, Nova, Flea, Maggot, Golem, Midgets, Math Teacher, or Creech. All of those work.

:p

Yoda, Jumper, Nova, Flea, Maggot, Golem, Midgets, Math Teacher, or Creech. All of those work.

:p

Lol, Creech? :p

I call them Monkeys, Jumping Fuckers, and "Those things that hate me"

The last one because when the round starts, out group sits behind ourflingers. When some of the monkeys jump over the flingers, they always attack me, even though I'm usually the one farthest in the corner. THEY ALL ATTACK ME!!!

OP: I heard something about only one person can get it in a match at a time, but that might apply to only one person can have the achievement. Try playing in solo.

and then pack a punched nothing...

You have to pack a punch something. That may have been the step you missed. Buy all perks and use the pack a punch (but maybe don't PaP last, as was my experience)

EDIT: In your original post it says you PaP'd twice. Not sure which you did, sorry.

Edited by spxyu02

they seem to be the denizens from the fog in Tranzit, but grown of course.

back on topic though, nah, not picking up any parts has nothing to do with anything.

i failed on my first two attempts before i could buy the last perk -- was always something stupid.

first time i flung myself off the building & ironically Who's Who was the last perk i needed to buy...2nd time i got crushed in the elevator after i had purchased Who's Who & Quick Revive during my first 4 perks. so yeah...def make sure u purchase Quick Revive FIRST, then go down...then your second set of perks, include Who's Who first to be on the safe side in case u go down.

i still don't have this unlocked. this is my 3rd attempt this morning after trying 3 times yesterday & the only thing i can think of is what someone said about not picking up parts...which doesn't really make sense. i shouldn't have to fucking go the long way around to get to the other building when i can easily jump over with the steam tramp. that can't POSSIBLY be what's keeping me from getting this.

i've tried it all kinds of different ways, including punching a weapon before i even bought any perks. this is starting to piss me off. i've tried it on both Original & Easy in custom games as well as with someone else. the shit's not unlocking for me & i don't wanna hear dickheads like the one above me with your "i don't see why..." bullshit. apparently there's some kinda issue or method if this many people are having problems.

I would just try it without the steam trample thing. It couldn't hurt. It's better than doing the same thing over and over and hoping it turns out differently (although it could).

You shouldn't really need to go building-to-building more than 3 times. Spawn side -> Power side (turn it on) -> Spawn side (buy Quick Revive & Speed Cola, down yourself, buy Who's Who) -> Power side (loop zombies on roof and then PaP + buy last 3 perks).

Let us know if you finally get it and what the key was.

I would just try it without the steam trample thing. It couldn't hurt. It's better than doing the same thing over and over and hoping it turns out differently (although it could).

Let us know if you finally get it and what the key was.

yup. after being severely frustrated 6 times, this time i tried it without picking anything up -- no elevator keys, no parts. punched the PDW early though because PAP was in the corner on the roof where the box spawns & i didn't wanna get caught there at a high round.

http://i50.tinypic.com/nmi6gn.jpg

got it at the start of round 13. un-fucking-believable.

although a friend of mine (i actually watched him do it before i even attempted the achievement) did it the exact same way i was trying before, also solo custom game on easy. he built the steam tramp in case he got in a jam & it still popped for him...hence my frustration. seems like the shit is very sometimesy with picking up parts & whatnot. something to do with the patch maybe? i'ono...best way is just don't pick SHIT up. smh.

Edited by hype

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it.... maybe this helps?

Played on easy mode, solo, did not pick up any items, did not hit the mystery box, did not pause the game, blah, blah.. you get the point...

Camped by AK....

Got:

Jug

PaP

Double Tab

Mule

Who's Who

....GRENADE SUICIDE... in who's who mode grabbed

Quick Revive

Speed

POP...

• 5 months later...
When I got it right after it failed to pop, my differences were:

1. Had been in Local/easy, switched to Public/easy/custom (invite only)

2. Had done the PaP last, this time it was the penultimate machine I visited. I successfully popped the achievement when I finished with Double Tap instead.

3. I PaP'd my starting pistol. I highly doubt that had anything to do with it, but my PDW was full on ammo so I never bought a second gun from a wall, affording me the opportunity to experiment and PaP the 1911 >> Mustang & Sally.

4. Finally, I never had this experience, and it may be obvious, but you have to buy every perk - getting a perk from knifing the goblin thingies doesn't count (although you seem to get that, stating you bought every perk twice).

Hope that helps.

Lol, I'm just dropping by from the PS3 version of this site xD I have the same problem on the PS3, I also finished with PaP last... Thanks for your tips, I'll try it!