Origin of Pain Discussion

Nevander

I know there's a thread of OoP but it's more of a "it's coming this week" kinda thread, not really a discussion.

List here your gripes, loves, etc.

Right now I really like the DLC so far. My only two gripes are the wheelie achievement being sort of dumb and the new gear being so damn expensive. I mean 700,000+ really? I can kind of understand the squirrel head being 1 million though.

I'm digging it so far. The BMX bike wasn't as hard to control as I thought it would be. The tracks are really well done, too.

And I wonder if the new masks are some sort of joke? Or is there a way to get a ton of money to unlock them all. I would like to, but the amount of time it would take to get all the money by replaying tracks would take forever!

This DLC is gonna make this game so hard to max now.

I think I can say goodbye to my max gamerscore in this game due to the achievement for getting all golds. Never in a million years will I be able to get a gold medal on an extreme track.

I'm struggling with the achievement for getting a platinum as well.

Right now the magic marker track is being a pain, literally. The big jump between the two connected areas is killing me. So far my best faults on these extremes are ~30 faults. At least there's just 3 to gold.

Loving some of the new tracks though.

And the Gecko is awesome. I want to go and do some older tracks with it. :D

I like the tracks, especially the steam/gear one is a favorite, but I'm not liking the achievements. I'm not very good at this and golds on 3 extreme tracks is never happening for me... Especially not on Magic Marker, since there are no engine sounds and those are crucial for me on extreme tracks (I use them to gauge how much to feather the gas to get over vertical obstacles). Kind of a bummer.

EDIT: Biggest letdown: You can't use the BMX on ANY base game tracks. What the hell Redlynx? You give us a new bike and we can't use it on what we want? Nice DLC options...

---

Great DLC ruined by it's achievements.

I agree 50%. I would say the achievements aren't that bad, it's just the actual tracks that are tough. Magic Marker is probably the hardest in-game Extreme I have ever played. It's almost like it's a user-made track. It's just insanely more difficult.

No engine noises, messed up game camera makes it very difficult. Don't get me wrong, the track is an awesome idea, but this concept is HORRID for an extreme track IMO. This should have been a hard, not an extreme. Plus the faults for gold are insane... 16?!?! Should be 20-25 for this one track.

I'm a decent Trials player too... I have ALL golds on the base game apart from Skill Games/Tournaments. I got 14 faults on Inferno 3... etc...

Edited by Nevander

Got all golds. :woop:

Just hit me up if you need some advice per section of any track/skill game.

Not started Xtreme yet, but I am stuck on the 2 Skill Games. Cannon I have no idea of how to beat it, can barely hit the target once let alone 3 times.

As for Hill Climb, I can get to the part where you go up 2 angled wooden rails and hop over a fence, then you have another series of angled jumps, I get stuck on the 3rd, its like a metal box, I can never land on it.

Not started Xtreme yet, but I am stuck on the 2 Skill Games. Cannon I have no idea of how to beat it, can barely hit the target once let alone 3 times.

As for Hill Climb, I can get to the part where you go up 2 angled wooden rails and hop over a fence, then you have another series of angled jumps, I get stuck on the 3rd, its like a metal box, I can never land on it.

For the cannon, here's the best way to explain it per round:

Round One - Focus on getting as close as humanly possible to the bulls-eye, press RT right about when it's almost straight with the ground but at a very slight angle.

IMPORTANT: When you see your rider doing a flip forward (always hold left stick to the right), right as the rider faces the ground, bailout. This gives you the best boost forward.

Round Two - Same concept but this time the cannon needs to be at a slightly higher angle, not too hard to land center of the target using the above technique for bailouts.

Round Three - This is the make it or break it round, what you want to do is try and shoot yourself right as the cannon reaches about a 50-60 degree angle or so, needs to be pretty steep but not too steep. Use the bailout at the right time as you are flipping and try to land at least a few feet beside the target.

Using this method I got 12 m accuracy which is Gold.

---

Now for the Uphill Struggle...

You're going to want to take it slow. Time is not a factor so just memorize each section. Hang on a minute and I will post where i accelerated and slowed down. Once you get to about 70 meters, it's cake as long as you don't backflip. Gold is 80 something and from 70 to 80 is just uphill segments with small gaps.

the wheelie one is insane! do you have to stay only on your back wheel from the red line to the finish?! which bike you trying on?

I was using Phoenix first off but the Gecko might be pretty good for it since it's lighter and has better control when landing. I'm going to keep alternating bikes until I can easily tell which works better.

Still don't have this one for the record though.

yeh i thought the Gecko, that's what i was trying with. problem is you come of the back soooo easily on it that the uphill slopes are literally impossible! how the fuck do you wheelie up a slope without coming off the back?! i still don't have it either, and i'm stopping trying for now.... it's making me want to throw my controller out the window.

To be honest, Red Lynx needed to bring Trials back from being an easy max out.

Personally I'm very happy with the achievements.

Geez it's hard, having a hell of a time with the mini games cannon and hill climb, I know hill climb will come in time, but the cannon I really cant figure it out, can make the first 2 targets but never hit the 3rd one at all.

This DLC is gonna make this game so hard to max now.

For the 3rd target, bail out about 75% of the way through your 2nd flip, with guidance, you should have more than enough momentum.

Edited by Damoss