Future Updates

JORDAN K 95

hello everyone.

i dont visit this thread often, so im not sure if anyone knows/or has posted about this before.

payday 2 is also available on steam ( where it receives frequent updates )

some things (Big things) that are already in the PC version:

- you can no longer grab bags through walls

- you can no longer revive players through walls

- 1 day heists gain less xp

- 2-3 day heists gain more XP

- offshore money can be used to 'buy' what heist you want

here is a list of the change log for the PC version:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/0/864976114833820323/

i should imagine we will receive all of these changes in an update alongside with safehouse customization and possibly the same time female characters DLC, which is presumed to be the first DLC

but for now until the update comes out. offshore account is useless and keep doing those 1 day heists because when the update comes out you wont be gaining as much XP for them!

I actually e-mailed the dev's at overkill today about this, I doubt I will get a response but hey ho it's worth a try. The main topics I covered were the XP amounts and the ability to spend offshore money, also most of the stuff in PC update 5 and of course mentioning that the lucky charm skill resulted in giving me only weapon mods and not an increase in mask items.

I dont really know what to expect with updates. I had payday 1 on the ps3 and we didnt get the updates until about 4 months after pc did. They said it was due to money, as its free to put updates on steam but costs them quite a bit to release console updates. The console version of payday 1 only got 2 updates! one after christmas 2010 and one when the dlc was released. so I have no idea how they are going to go about updates for payday 2, hence why they are keeping so quiet about it, with all the money they have made from this game it shouldnt be a money problem now but who knows, only time will tell. :(

THIS^^^

I HATE waiting for a particular job to come up on crime net. Should have had this option from the get go.

i agree :p i like doing short heists, but quite a lot of the time all i recieve is big ones like framing frame and rats.

I actually e-mailed the dev's at overkill today about this, I doubt I will get a response but hey ho it's worth a try. The main topics I covered were the XP amounts and the ability to spend offshore money.

yeah, these are already in the PC version, but we dont know the amounts. i tried looking on youtube but couldnt find anything. i would like to know the increase and decreased xp amounts received from heists. and also the amount of offshore money needed to spend on a heist.

I dont really know what to expect with updates. I had payday 1 on the ps3 and we didnt get the updates until about 4 months after pc did. They said it was due to money, as its free to put updates on steam but costs them quite a bit to release console updates. The console version of payday 1 only got 2 updates! one after christmas 2010 and one when the dlc was released. so I have no idea how they are going to go about updates for payday 2, hence why they are keeping so quiet about it, with all the money they have made from this game it shouldnt be a money problem now but who knows, only time will tell. :(

i dont think it costs money (anymore) for updates. but payday 2 is set to have 5 DLC packs, which means 5 updates. im not bothered about updates, they should take their time patching the PC version until its perfect before releasing a patch for console

Edited by JORDAN K 95

im not bothered about updates, they should take their time patching the PC version until its perfect before releasing a patch for console
Usually I would agree with this but the XP update would help everyone out a load on consoles, from what I can gather some people have got around 90K XP for Rats day 3 on overkill, compared to 30K XP on the console's....that means it can shave 66% of the time need to get to level 100 :eek:

Usually I would agree with this but the XP update would help everyone out a load on consoles, from what I can gather some people have got around 90K XP for Rats day 3 on overkill, compared to 30K XP on the console's....that means it can shave 66% of the time need to get to level 100 :eek:

Usually I would agree with you as I like to see everyone get their achievements, but if they just give out certain achievements than whats the point? Referring to most rank ach., as they seem to me as who's willing to go the extra mile, stick with it, and grind it out. I find it kinda cool when people say "Holy Sh*t, you got that achievement". Tho I don't think rank 100 in payday 2 is one of those achievements.

However it is slower because you can't restart the mission anymore and get the exp. You get far more per minute with the exploit than with the PC version, as you have to got though all three days again.

Man that'd be great if they upped the XP for longer jobs.

I saw a guy complete Rats in Overkill and he got 61,000 XP, which is quite a bit more than the 37,000 I'm getting doing it now.

Except on Xbox you get 37,000/minute, while getting 61,000 for Rats on PC takes like 20-30 minutes, and you can't use the exploit.

Sure, you'll get 61,000 each time, but have fun restarting from the beginning of the mission.

Except on Xbox you get 37,000/minute, while getting 61,000 for Rats on PC takes like 20-30 minutes, and you can't use the exploit.

Sure, you'll get 61,000 each time, but have fun restarting from the beginning of the mission.

Yeah, I didn't know that part when I initially posted. ;)

I'd better get to level 100 pretty soon then...

Rats Overkill is still the best and fastest way.

A Pro Job will make it a lot more XP, but if you only get 90K for all that time and effort versus a third of it in less than a minute, do the math. One way to speed it up is to ignore the money and cops, use the suit and locomotive, and just rush the bus and then back.

In case people are wondering about using offshore accounts to make certain jobs available, it is a little pricey. Buying Ukranian Job on Overkill for example costs about $10,000,000.

Seriously, who the fuck designed the economy in this game?

You have to lose a substantial amount of money on a job just to play the one you want?

Rats Overkill is still the best and fastest way.

A Pro Job will make it a lot more XP, but if you only get 90K for all that time and effort versus a third of it in less than a minute, do the math. One way to speed it up is to ignore the money and cops, use the suit and locomotive, and just rush the bus and then back.

Thing is though out of all the times I've done Rats on pro-kill, I've never got 90k, max I've had before was about 40k, so that why I'm kinda confused, but yeah the rushing technique does work out better.

In case people are wondering about using offshore accounts to make certain jobs available, it is a little pricey. Buying Ukranian Job on Overkill for example costs about $10,000,000.

thats exactly what i predicted. its not that much. you get $1,000,000 every time you do ukranian 3star pro job.

Seriously, who the fuck designed the economy in this game?

You have to lose a substantial amount of money on a job just to play the one you want?

this is your offshore money not spendable cash. at the moment (PC) the ONLY use for offshore money is to spend on heists. seeing as theres nothing else to spend it on you may aswell buy the heists you want. maybe offshore money will be used for the safehouse customization aswell.

Edited by JORDAN K 95

screenshot from NGT

bank heist gold

http://gyazo.com/7e3c70cb5029acea9e42c2b0536b5a72.png

i havent played this game in a while, so i cant remember what you usually get from bank heist gold. the one they are doing has 1star of difficulty added (+1 yellow star)

if i go on it later ill try and figure out how much is nerfed

link to video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kzt3w7gTAY]Payday 2 - Bank Heist: Gold on Hard Difficulty | Spider Can't Dominate - YouTube[/ame]

In regards to future updates i would suggest everyone get all the stealth related achievements as soon as possible as some of the updates the PC recently received make it a LOT harder, see below.

Currently on Xbox:

The Dominator skill lets you make up to 4 guards surrender. After you have 4 guards surrender, the fifth one usually will not. Some people have said they've gotten up to 5, but I've only ever seen FOUR successfully.

Patched PC version:

The Dominator skill only lets you have 1 guard surrender. If you try to get even a second guard to surrender, he WILL fight back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently on Xbox:

Any "dominated" guards (i.e. guards in handcuffs who have surrendered) are completely ignored by other enemies. They walk right by them and don't even notice.

Patched PC version:

No longer the case. If a guard sees another guard in handcuffs, he will call in the alarm. They do NOT ignore them anymore. A handcuffed guard might as well be a dead guard.

Edited by k2345

In regards to future updates i would suggest everyone get all the stealth related achievements as soon as possible as some of the updates the PC recently received make it a LOT harder, see below.

Currently on Xbox:

The Dominator skill lets you make up to 4 guards surrender. After you have 4 guards surrender, the fifth one usually will not. Some people have said they've gotten up to 5, but I've only ever seen FOUR successfully.

Patched PC version:

The Dominator skill only lets you have 1 guard surrender. If you try to get even a second guard to surrender, he WILL fight back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently on Xbox:

Any "dominated" guards (i.e. guards in handcuffs who have surrendered) are completely ignored by other enemies. They walk right by them and don't even notice.

Patched PC version:

No longer the case. If a guard sees another guard in handcuffs, he will call in the alarm. They do NOT ignore them anymore. A handcuffed guard might as well be a dead guard.

yes, i reccomend everyone to try to get stealth achievements ASAP, the nerfs are pretty bad :(

theres still DLC to come, that may come with stealth related achievements!

They didn't just nerf Dominator, they made it virtually useless.

I love Dominator, especially after I found I could get guys to surrender in the middle of a gunfight. They make better hostages than civilians. The A.I. enemies kinda lose their shit and don't know what to do about having 2-4 of their buddies handcuffed between us and them. And you can easily kill any enemy trying to free them. They even stop throwing flash-bangs and smoke grenades which is a bonus! :D

*Sigh*

Next we're going to find out that Smooth Talker only lets you answer 1 pager...

I was heavy, heavy reliant on dominator. With the new patch it is useless. Once you have you guy, then what? He will be seen by a roamer, so you will need to kill and bag. If that is case, why even dominate in first place. It will be completely useless.

I respec'd for the saw and I just go loud now. After the patch, really all you can do.