List of Songs Helpful For Getting the 'HOPO-cidal Maniac' Achievement (WiP)

Steadysphere

Rock Band 3 Disc Songs:

Break On Through (To the Otherside): 152, 2:29

In the Meantime: 196 HOPOs, 5:05

Crosstown Traffic: 165 HOPOs, 2:27

Something Bigger, Something Brighter: 717 HOPOs, 5:19

DLC:

Inside the Fire: ~ 530 - 550, 3:50

Hallowed Be Thy Name: ~850, 7:52

Edited by A CATSHOVEL

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit 797 HOPOs in Hallowed Be Thy Name; I'd estimate that it has around 850 total. I'm not sure about the Live version, but the studio version of the song is 7:12 (I'm assuming that the Live version is longer). It definitely isn't the most efficient song, but it is fun. You can probably delete it if the list gets too long.

You can view the length of any song in Rock Band 3 by hitting the additional details button. (yellow on guitar)

song: everybody wants to rule the world

song length: 251 seconds

possible HOPOs on expert: 312

average HOPOs hit per second: 1.243

song: break on through to the other side

song length: 147 seconds

possible HOPOs on expert: 151

average HOPOs hit per second: 1.027

song: in the meantime

song length: 298 seconds

possible HOPOs on expert: 191

average HOPOs hit per second: 0.641

song: crosstown traffic

song length: 146 seconds

possible HOPOs on expert: 157

average HOPOs hit per second: 1.075

song: saturday night's alright for fighting

song length: 305 seconds

possible HOPOs on expert: need link for guitar chart

average HOPOs hit per second: need link for guitar chart

song: something bigger, something brighter

song length: 315

possible HOPOs on expert: 671

average HOPOs hit per second: 2.130

song: freebird

song length: 578 seconds

possible HOPOs on expert: 1169

average HOPOs hit per second: 2.022

song: llama

song length: 212 seconds

possible HOPOs on expert: 226

average HOPOs hit per second: 1.066

song: rainbow in the dark

song length: 255 seconds

possible HOPOs on expert: 683

average HOPOs hit per second: 2.678

NOTES:

- this was manually counted, so there may be SLIGHT errors

- i did not base time on the in game information, so it might be slightly off

- just because an average HOPO p/s count is higher does not mean its a better song for the achievement.

Firstly, thanks to the guys who have started to work on the ratios for these songs. I appreciate it greatly ;)

I will work on these myself, but obviously it's gonna take some work. I'm not going to be adding adding any more songs to the list until I can get on top of adding the ratios so give it some time. Any help in this will be appreciated. Speaking of which, can anyone help me with the ratios for 'Modern Mathmatics' and 'Tha Shnizit' as I do not own either of those songs? Thanks in advance.

Less Talk More Rokk has about 1120 HOPOs on expert, is 5:04 (3.68 HOPO/second!), and is awesome. If you played GH2 (who didn't?), you're already good enough at it to get at least 1000 each run through.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcAFkYUnSjg]YouTube - less talk more rokk[/ame] - Music Video (!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7M4gQd9rOA]YouTube - Less Talk More Rokk - Freezepop - Rock Band 2 Expert Guitar 100% FC[/ame] - 100% FC video

Edited by simmias

What about those of us who don't play on expert?

A lot of these songs mentioned (Like Everybody Wants to Rule The World) don't have any HOPOs on Medium.

I can recommend Green Grass and High Tides from RB1 which has about 250.

Last by NIN also has quite a few. (DLC)

If you're playing on Medium I really doubt there's an efficient time-saving method of getting this achievement. For the "85% guitar solos" achievement I took Rainbow In The Dark and Crazy Train down to Hard difficulty, and they had next to no HOPO's even though they're filled with them on Expert and I only went one difficulty down.

If Green Grass has approx 250 HOPO'S it'll take over 200 runs to get the 53k, you're looking at 36 hours worth of grinding doing that. I'd imagine it'd be more efficient just playing the songs you enjoy on Medium and improving passively, maybe throwing GG&HT into a setlist once a day to make some progress.

250 in GGaHT? That doesn't sound accurate at all. It's a massive song with huge solos packed with HO/POs. The weaves and triplets at the very end should take it well over 250 on their own, and they only make up about 30 seconds of the song!

Granted, I'm not about to count them.

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I just realized you're not talking about expert. Reading comprehension fail.

Ok well i just played "hey man nice shot" on bass and it has a bunch of HOPO's. the chorus is all hopo's and even the other parts have a few hopos too. its not overly hard song either on expert bass, so thats a good one.

Also, the Metallica pack 1, those 3 songs are hard as balls but they have alot of hopo's in the solos if your good. i played on expert no fail mode and i got a few lol.

name: caprici di diablo

song length: 269 seconds (4:29 minutes)

possible HOPOs on expert: 1828

average HOPOs hit per second: 6.796

not that this song is the best choice, but i dare anybody to find a song with a higher HOPO ratio than this monster. give me the guitar chart and i will find the ratio.

edit: also, adding on to this:

IF this song has the highest HOPO ratio in the game AND it takes a total of 20 seconds (average) to restart the song, you COULD POSSIBLY get this achievement in 2 hours 25 minutes.

Edited by Spade422

Does using the tiny buttons to play hopo in solos count as "not strumming"?

Only on HOPO notes, and only if you haven't broken combo. If you select the HOPOcidal Maniac goal (or, indeed, any of the "X HOPO notes" goals) from the goal menu interface, the star counter gets replaced with a counter of how many HOPOs you've managed to hit in your career. Very useful for spading this kind of thing out (which reminds me, Spade422: DAMN!).

Just wanted to say something regarding HOPO-Cidal Maniac.

If you play a song and at the stats screen hit yellow to replay that song, the HOPO counter in the corner seemingly will revert back to however many you had before you played the song the first time.

Luckily though, this seems to only be a visual glitch. I had around 51,700 HOPOs and played Less Talk More Rokk, which brought me up to around 52,800. On the stats screen I hit yellow to replay it, and when it restarted the song, the counter was back down to 51,700. After the song, the counter was back around 52,800 again, but it gave me the achievement anyway, so it seems that behind the scenes it is still counting all of your HOPOs.

Shaimus - Like a Fool is another excellent song to play for progress toward this, and it's one of the free 20!

There's no way in hell I'm going to count the HO/PO's but the song is packed with extended sections that are made up entirely with them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHsLE4oWLc]YouTube - Rock Band 2 - Like A Fool - Shaimus - Expert Guitar - 100% FC 5GS - [Team Cena][/ame]

It's kind of like Less Talk More Rokk - Lite.

Thanks for the song suggestions, have added them to the list. As for hard guitar, I can't really give much advice. Like someone has said, I played Rainbow in the Dark, which on expert is flooded with hammerons, on hard for the guitar solo achievmenet and I don't think I saw a single hammer-on on the song.

Shaimus - Like a Fool is another excellent song to play for progress toward this, and it's one of the free 20!

There's no way in hell I'm going to count the HO/PO's but the song is packed with extended sections that are made up entirely with them.

It's kind of like Less Talk More Rokk - Lite.

336 HOPOs total

213 seconds long

1.5775 HOPO ratio

not a bad song, since all the HOPOs are quite easy to hit. and yeah, the song is free.

Bump because i dont want to let this thread go down the drain