Who did you Marry in Skyrim?

Annihil88torr

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first went for Mjoll, rawr, but then that character had too many corrupted quests. On the new character/new main, I got Aela. She doesn't have as nice of dialogue, but still real nice for a redhead.

Oh, also I wanted Hert, but it's too bad she's part of quest, and you more or less have to kill her.

Edited by HeavenSoldier

Another who went with ysolda, I never used companions while doing dungeons/quests heard they sometimes bugged or died, was hard enough trying to keep both my horses frost and shadowmere alive during dragon encounters, wouldn't have liked to keep the wife alive as well.

Ysolda was a cute option, she looks attractive even though she sometimes annoys me by standing behind me while enchanting/alchemying repeating the introduction 'hello my love'.

She's been a good wife no doubt because I took her out of that one bedroom shack in whiterun (even the thieves guild classed her shack not worth stealing from) to our manor in Solitude. She cooks, buys my useless crap and even gives me money daily because her trades have done well (which is odd because she never leaves the house, she must use tamriel-ebay or something).

Sadly I didn't know there was a werewolf option. Do you ever see her in changed form ? would be cool to see a werewolf cooking and sweeping up or just generally hanging around the house

i was about to go with aela, but read the personality changes so i didn't want marriage to kill what i loved most about her (though red heads are my type, so it wouldn't have been that big of a deal)

i went with mjoll the lioness instead. she was the hottests next to aela for me... plus her accent is a bonus.

i'm using marcurio as a companion rn. i've been thinking about ditching his services for my wifey. i just don't want her to end up getting killed out on the road so i'm waiting until my buddy bites the dust, or if i'm in a bad mood and happen to snap when he is being a snarky pack mule. whichever comes first.

It's awesome Skyrim's culture supports same-sex marriage. But then how completely backwards is it that folks cannot divorce and/or remarry? I just don't get why the developers/designers made it this way.

I don't think it was so much supporting homosexual marriage as it was making it easier to code marriages initiated by both male and female characters.

It would be much more difficult to code it so that if you're a male character, you can only marry a female, and if you're a female character, you can only marry a male, etc.

What I want to know is...are the marriages rather open-ended? Or is there only a select group of characters you can marry? For example...can I marry the daughter of the argumentative farmworkers from Ivarstead?

I don't think it was so much supporting homosexual marriage as it was making it easier to code marriages initiated by both male and female characters.

It would be much more difficult to code it so that if you're a male character, you can only marry a female, and if you're a female character, you can only marry a male, etc.

What I want to know is...are the marriages rather open-ended? Or is there only a select group of characters you can marry? For example...can I marry the daughter of the argumentative farmworkers from Ivarstead?

no there is a short (i wouldn't exactly call it short) list. check out the marriage guide for a complete list. if you are on the pc, you can use the console to marry whoever you want though.

I saw who i wanted to marry today,infact my eyes nearly popped out when i saw her,i think it was the split on the side of her skirt running right to the top of her legs that made me go 'why hellloooo'

Unfortunately,she was killed during a side quest(Laid To Rest)

[spoiler=Metallicorphan]turned out she was a Vampire

Alva from Morthal

http://images.uesp.net/thumb/8/8b/SR-npc-Alva.jpg/600px-SR-npc-Alva.jpg

The thing is it might in someway have been done in support of homosexual marriage, but anyone else get odd responses from same sex players while unmarried wearing the amulet ?

Subtle little comments from npc's like you need to go look elsewhere for that kind of thing.

The thing is it might in someway have been done in support of homosexual marriage, but anyone else get odd responses from same sex players while unmarried wearing the amulet ?

Subtle little comments from npc's like you need to go look elsewhere for that kind of thing.

I'm a Khajit, so all I get is...

"Keep away from me...cat!"

"Hands to yourself, sneak-theif!"

"Who let YOU into the city?"

Haven't gotten married yet but I plan to marry Shahvee, the female Argonian at the docks outside of Windhelm. Let her get out of the cold docks and into a nice warm house, improve her situation a little. ^_^

no there is a short (i wouldn't exactly call it short) list. check out the marriage guide for a complete list. if you are on the pc, you can use the console to marry whoever you want though.

Short enough. I know there aren't many Khajiits in Skyrim, but it would be nice to have ONE as a possible marriage partner. Saw a rather handsome Khajiit when I started the Mage's College quests. I wouldn't mind having him, but no luck of course.

Edited by MewMew

• 5 weeks later...

Marriage in this game should be more realistic. After spending several game months with your follower, you'd get drunk on alto wine and a message comes up explaining 'an error has occurred' at which point the game would force you to get married. You would have ceremony that would cost you three quarters of all your gold. You then wouldn't ever be able to afford a house so move into one in the dodgiest part of Skyrim and have to pay a quarter of your gold every game month to keep a roof over your head. Some novice thieves in the neighbourhood steal your horse and set light to it in a disused dungeon. Your wife slowly turns into an ice wraith.

One day you'd return after a hard day's questing to find your wife drunk on Nordic mead and all your armour and weapons on the street in front of your house. Apparently you've been spending too much time with that new housecarl and your wife wants to leave you. She also takes your dog companion. She immediately takes half your gold and for the rest of the game you have to pay a quarter of your gold every game month to pay for 'the upkeep of your dog', which by the way the Jaarl will only let you see every other weekend. The ex-wife moves in with a redguard named Steve who apparently understands her needs.

Game over

I married Ysolda. (She was the first to ask) I think we got of to a bad start when the day after our wedding I went out with Sam got drunk and nearly ended up married to someone else (a hagraven that was apparently both male and female!?)... to make things worse is was Ysolda who sold me the wedding ring... also I think she became suspicious when I started going out with Lydia our housecarl every night. To top things of she wasn’t at all supportive of my ‘condition’ when she walked into our room with Lydia asleep in our bed and me leaning over her neck she flipped out and came at me with a knife…

Things are much better now she comes with me every where and doesn’t talk as much except for the odd grunt every now and again. I am worried about Lydia now tho. Since I stopped taking her out she just sits in the corner of my room all day every day staring at my collection of various warriors I have collected on my travels around Skyrim …

Ysolda for me too... purely because she was the woman i was engaged to in that quest where you get rather drunk. Moved her into Whiterun with Lydia... disliked how Lydia had her own room yet would always sit at the table in your bedroom (yes, I'm that picky) so took her out into the middle of nowhere and sacrificed her to my Ebony Blade.