Your Experience on getting achievement buildings

GAZZ16

I am able to win wonder matches against the unstoppable AI now by building my own wonders. I've done four matches without any trouble but I bring along an AI ally just to give me some defence in the event of an overpowering attack.

Yeah, I have done the same, and even without a wonder-oriented advisor it is still easy to beat the AI to completion. I was just hoping to figure out an AFK version because I am seriously done with this game and just need the Sphinxter to drop. LOL!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me if you can obtain the Large Pyramid & Large Step pyramid from a chest/skirmish daily? I know you can obtain them from quest rewards from the Egypt quest line, but I use a Greek Civ. Thanks in advance, and sorry if I missed this mentioned somewhere else! :)

No only given as a quest reward, get your Greeks to 40 then do some alliance quests, should earn enough EP to get Egypt for free in about a month or less

No only given as a quest reward, get your Greeks to 40 then do some alliance quests, should earn enough EP to get Egypt for free in about a month or less

Thanks for the quick response! I have a Egyptian civ...its just I havent played it in forever and I am only lvl 8. Alright well I guess its time work on that! Thanks for clarifying that I can grab those buildings on egypt for sure though! :)

• 4 weeks later...

i read somewhere that they are. problem is, the boosterpack, anniversary update and babylonian civ added so much more items and those vanity tickets (which seem to drop awfully lot in chests to me) that really take so much chances off of getting one of those desired blueprints. your best bet is still moes with level 20 chests or any other chest thats not to much higher.

you get way to much equip or other things in higher level chests. hope you are getting lucky, i am not :)

i read somewhere that they are. problem is, the boosterpack, anniversary update and babylonian civ added so much more items and those vanity tickets (which seem to drop awfully lot in chests to me) that really take so much chances off of getting one of those desired blueprints. your best bet is still moes with level 20 chests or any other chest thats not to much higher.

you get way to much equip or other things in higher level chests. hope you are getting lucky, i am not :)

your right. Those vanity stuff and all the new stuff are taking away chances for the wanted blue prints to show up. Im gonna run argos again though i've reached level 40 in egipt.

• 5 weeks later...

yes! finally the first of the 3 missing blueprints! yay me!

got the http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1598/+edlQg==.jpgThis. Is. Spartaaaaaaaaaan! blueprint from the old fishers 6 day repeatable "Bella, come home!" quest. (you get his building from a chest too..)

funny since the chest was level 17 and not 20 as usual, but i dont mind. still 2 to go!

Im only missing the sphinx. The last one i got was Tomb in a legendary mission at alliance wars called defending egipt or something.

I heard the sphinx its the most difficult to find and i can confirm that :uzi:

Not for me!

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578968284700034373/752EAE6B9F8ADA3542133D095DCE3BB9255D1FCE/

The Tomb took the longest to find. For the others, I ended up with 2 of each, except for the Sphinx, of which I found 3.

eheh good for you. Do you remember when did you get sphinx? Even though that doesnt really matter cause you might get it anywhere.

To be fair, it took me 331 hours to accrue all of those... I got every achievement building from Moe's, as did my friend. We both received them all from level 30 chests. I mixed it up from time to time with 40's etc, but they never gave the buildings.

They are close to the worst achievements I have come across, as you need to rely completely on luck. I did a fair bit of grinding on the daily repeatables for Alliance mode, then sold what I had received and went to Moe's. That was my ritual for several weeks, until I finally found the last building I needed. I wish they were tradable, so others wouldn't need to go through the same BS.

Good luck, I hope you find it soon.

eheh good luck mate. Its been a while since i wnet to moe's, im saving money for it but unlike you, all my buildings were won by completing quests/treasure chests even though i've tried to get them through moe's. I do love the game otherwise i wouldnt be spending so much time with it because of these stupid lucky ass achievements lolol yes they are one of the words i've come across too and its ridicilous.

Do you already got all the achievements?

btw, where do you see the hours spent in the game? im curious about mine. ;)

eheh good luck mate. Its been a while since i wnet to moe's, im saving money for it but unlike you, all my buildings were won by completing quests/treasure chests even though i've tried to get them through moe's. I do love the game otherwise i wouldnt be spending so much time with it because of these stupid lucky ass achievements lolol yes they are one of the words i've come across too and its ridicilous.

Do you already got all the achievements?

btw, where do you see the hours spent in the game? im curious about mine. ;)

Cheers. :) Well, that's the thing, it is luck. i may get them all from Moe's, you may get them all from quests. I may get them in 300 hours, you might get them within 10. That's why they are bullshit, as you can't directly influence them, there is no skill involved other than maybe being able to cross your fingers. lol. It's definitely a great game, very reminiscent of AoEII, besides the art style. It would be hell if you didn't like it and were only playing for the achievements, it would make these buildings even worse.

I do have all of the achievements, thankfully. GPG are releasing the Norse civilization soon though, so I'm not sure whether they will include more achievements then. 1455 is such a strange number.

I play the game through Steam, which keeps track of your hours played for every game. If you grabbed it from the GFWL marketplace or the AoE:O website, I think something like Raptr would be an option for tracking time. It only tracks from when you sign up... Steam is more convenient.

I dont think it will have more achievements since the game now is free, as you could see with the babylons who don't have achievements. Its a shame but thats the way it is. I think the civs were all supposed to have achievements but since the game turned out free, guess its over.

Ah yes steam shows the time. Regarding raptr, i dont think they track the time well but oh well, it doesnt really matter, it was just curiosity. But wait a minute... 118 hours regarding raptr. Thats a bit. ;)

Since i dont want more civs (no achievements) unless its one i really like, i guess im gonna start wasting EP in decoration and stuff like that lol

Im starting now defense of crete so i guess it will boost the hours of the game since that thing take ages to get all the materials to build the statues. Its ridiculous once again ahah

take care

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I do no have have time to do a lot of missions, so I bought some online coins to invest in Moe's. I have spent over 400k in Moe's, like 300k in level 20 chests and 100k in level 25 chests but no Tomb, Library or Academy yet. Can anyone confirm that they still can be found at Moe's in level 20 chests after last years update??

I can confirm that the Sphinx can be found in level 30 chests at Moe's.

• 1 month later...