Triathlon #3

DoraExploresMe

They should really max out your stamina for finishing the 3rd triathlon. I barely finished the swimming in 1st place then jumped on my bike and quickly hit the d pad twice to the right to turn on the headlight

,.,oops

it quit me out of the event and I had to redo the ten minutes of swimming. Again I barely finished first using almost all my stamina. THen a weird thing happened, for the bike and running, I had max stamina which would never go down. But even with maxed stamina and spamming the A button, I couldn't do better than 3rd or 4th place in the cycling. The guy in 1st was WAY ahead and luckily the other guy near me crashed into a pedestrian. yay!

I finally catch up to the first bike at the very end and quickly take off running, leaving a HUGE gap of them behind me for some reason (maybe the maxed stamina?) and luckily finish 1st. Glad to never do it again.

As much as I hated it, it reminded me of the Endurance races of Forza and it made you feel the pain along with your runner in some ways. I liked it :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to try this three times. First time I failed at 15 minutes because I tried to put my lights on on the bike - stupid, I know. Then second time I hit a pedestrian at 23 minutes and failed. Third time I did it. So frustrating.

I did something similar to lights on a bike, i tried to reload my bike after a crash... In this at the very least that dam button should be HOLD not PRESS >< lol

Whats actually worse is i did it twice both on the biking stage so 10+ mins in, screw you muscle memory :p :eek:

Have done, swimming they catch up a bit, biking they somehow get nitro, what the fuck that is i dont know but they slow down again and its easy to keep first (no one crashed in mine till the very end, i think the guy might of died too, he hit a truck and it never stopped even after lol), but the running part, you just hammer A and as long as you have max stam you just lose them in seconds. Actually can't see how you get anything but first in these, running is silly once you have the infinite stam.

Edited by Killerchronic

This whole thing was a joke. The only time i was in 1st place was in the last 30 seconds. Is it me or did them bike riders keep having nitrous ? :eek:

*I have actually damaged the "A" button on a 4 week old genuine slim controller :mad:

I have to press it 2 maybe 3 times for it to register now, from smashing the "A" button in general in this whole game. Lucky I had a spare.

I had a complete dumb ass attack the first time I attempted this. I had just finished the swimming part. Got onto the bike, and not even 15 seconds later, for whatever reason, I saw the light on the bike and was like 'Hey. Light. Let's see if I can turn it off!' As I was spamming the :abut:, before I knew what happened, I exited the race.

Gave in and decided to attack it like 30 minutes later and finished it. Though I do agree it was a little odd that the random biker would pass you, then wipe out moments later.

I was tapping the a button for 20 minutes, I was driving the bike and I reached the beach. But there was a sharp turn to the right. R* has the guts to put spectators in that sharp turn. So I ran 1 over with my bike > I had to do that all over again. :uzi:

Second try, got it :woop:

How did you guys stay in first the whole time? I just tried this earlier and the AI was smoking my A$$. I have stamina maxed out. I was struggling to just stay in 3rd, and the 1st place player was like literally 2-3 check points ahead of me at all times, and some how the AI would just randomly fly past me. I did not crash into anything, didnt fall, didnt stop running, or anything.. I eventually quit around the 15 min mark once I knew I was not going to win.

I finally finished this triathlon after a failure the first time.

First time mishaps:

-15:30: Hit a street sign and fell of my bike.

-18:20: Hit a guardrail and went over face first.

-21:40: Hit a street lamp and died due to brain cave-in.

Despite this, i tried again (at the expense of my thumbs) and finished with first.

• 2 months later...

FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCK FUCK MISSION!!!

26 Minutes and I was in 6th for like 5 minutes, I was in 1st and could see the finish line, and somehow the GODDAMN AI must have rocket shoes because like 2 seconds before the finish line I end up in 4th...FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR!!!! It isn't bad enough that I can't get the Beverly missions to show up after completing the game, now this bullshit waste of my time.

FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCK FUCK MISSION!!!

26 Minutes and I was in 6th for like 5 minutes, I was in 1st and could see the finish line, and somehow the GODDAMN AI must have rocket shoes because like 2 seconds before the finish line I end up in 4th...FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR!!!! It isn't bad enough that I can't get the Beverly missions to show up after completing the game, now this bullshit waste of my time.

I've never even bothered b/c I hear this mission is bound to cause carpel tunnel on it's own hahaha. However, word around is that you have to use/alternate ALL your fingers as much as possible. 26 minutes is a bit much for constant button mashing. The Kifflom Desert Run seems more forgiving since you're at leisure to stop when you want or utilize the rubber band technique.

@Mchannon- Shit man. Sorry to hear that. I remember when I was doing the 3rd triathlon, my biggest fear was getting over taken by the rubber banding AI right at the end. Maybe come back to it at a (much) later date?

Edited by Dirty130

I was kind of zoned out for the first sort of 15 minutes of this thing then I realised what I was doing and how much my thumb hurt and soon started getting really annoyed when I kept falling off my bike..

Nailed it first time though, spent a lot of time in 6th-8th for swimming, 3-5th in cycling and the AI were all awful at running (thankfully).

I also thought this was slightly unnecessary to put in the game, literally just mashing A for half an hour..

I was kind of zoned out for the first sort of 15 minutes of this thing then I realised what I was doing and how much my thumb hurt and soon started getting really annoyed when I kept falling off my bike..

Nailed it first time though, spent a lot of time in 6th-8th for swimming, 3-5th in cycling and the AI were all awful at running (thankfully).

I also thought this was slightly unnecessary to put in the game, literally just mashing A for half an hour..

Some people have that kind of time for tediousness :p

Ain't worth the hassle IMO.

Thank god I got this on my first try. For the entire duration of the race I was in second, until I hit a turn and managed to overtake the first guy. Inches before the finish line I saw him creeping behind in my camera, but I managed to finish the race before he overtook me.

The third race was overkill, but I have to admit that triathlons are enjoyable otherwise. Just the thrill of overtaking everyone in gorgeous landscapes, and all you have to do is hit one button.

For an event that lasts about as long as a survival, I'm surprised that some didn't have the attention span to stick it out. I've got a friend nearing 95% game completion and he tells me he still hasn't done the 2nd or 3rd triathlon "cuz it's boring!" Probably should have added guns :p

Edited by Dirty130

Thank god I got this on my first try. For the entire duration of the race I was in second, until I hit a turn and managed to overtake the first guy. Inches before the finish line I saw him creeping behind in my camera, but I managed to finish the race before he overtook me.

The third race was overkill, but I have to admit that triathlons are enjoyable otherwise. Just the thrill of overtaking everyone in gorgeous landscapes, and all you have to do is hit one button.

The ones I remember weren't so bad and slightly due to the banter. Otherwise, as mentioned with the 3rd one, there's no payoff since I'm not a completionist. I think the only GTA game I actually 100% was Vice City and it's bc it was the first game I bought with my PS2 and was really hooked. It's pretty much what got me sucked into the Sandbox genre.

That and I had to blast Flock Of Seagulls whenever it came on haha. Oh nostalgia!