Checklist before leaving the Leboa-Sako North Sector

Psycho Chickan

Sorry if this is already somewhere else but I had a lot of trouble finding this info so I thought I'd make a post myself.

Before leaving the North sector there are a number of items you should collect. Refer to the guide on this site for a list of everything. Aside from the missions you should be able to check off the following items:

375 Diamonds Found

- from 112 diamond cases

- from 6 succesful assassination missions (if the target runs away you get less diamonds)

- from the seven primary missions

NOTE : Only you will only have 355 diamonds if you haven't accepted the final mission for the North at Goka Falls.

9 Jackal Tapes (labelled 00 thru 08)

- One automatically given to you by the journalist

- 8 found thruout land (see this map for locations)

To view these press Start and then select Jackal Tapes

6 Buddies Met

To view this Press Start and then select Statistics

If you've got these and have subverted all the main missions then you're on track to get all the achievements at the end of the South and Desert sections.

EDIT : It's important to note that the only thing you "have" to do before you leave the North section is subvert the 6 main quests and find all the buddies. The rest can be done afterwards. Easier to count and see if you're on track if you do all the North ones before leaving tho :)

Edited by Psycho Chickan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^^

Hi! You mentioned about the buddies being met before proceeding with the final mission. I have searched almost every nook & cranny in Leboa-Sako but I have yet to find Flora. She's actually the last buddy I need to get to meet. Any lead as to where she might be?

ATM, I've met 5 already.

Thanks!

*talk about old games, this one's surely an epic! I left it on my table long ago cuz it bored me to dEath! Well, it's been collecting dust! LoL! I must finished this one so0n!

Edited by Onyok

1 & 2

You best buddy and second best buddy are aquired on your first mission. The location depends upon the liutenant and faction you joined at the start (determind by your performance in the very first mission).

NOTE : You only actually meet your best buddy. The second just appears at Mike's Bar.

3, 4 & 5

The next three buddies can be rescued from holding areas similar to the first one. Just go to each of the remaining areas marked on this map

http://www.haldane.id.au/Chickan/x360a/BuddyMap1.jpg

The sixth and final buddy can be found at the location below near a crashed plane (don't climb up to the crashed plane, he's near the bottom).

NOTE : You cannot find this buddy if you've started the last mission in the North, his plane will be there but not him. Also, if none of your other buddies have died during side missions he won't appear in Mike's bar. If you want to see him there you have to kill off one of your other buddies, wait around 3 missions and he'll appear.

http://www.haldane.id.au/Chickan/x360a/BuddyMap2.jpg

* Pictures from the Ubisoft website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot, I desperately needed to know how many diamond cases there were in the North sector. I'm on 97 diamond briefcases.

15 of those left. Mainly from the middle sector of the map. I havent paid a visit to the Lumber Yard, Cock-Fights, Slaughter House or the Fresh Fish yet. :D

Southern District will be a time killer. There's a few tricky ones in the river areas I remember. Especially one above a river that requires Paragliding from a Mountain to obtain.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Try comparing it with this map from http://i34.tinypic.com/2mza8i1.jpg

Yeah i've compared it to that map and the missing number is smack bang in the centre (PALA).

My paper map supplied with the game lists 12 diamonds whereas that map you supplied lists 13. But counting the diamond markers in red and blue on the map you supplied there are still only 12 in Pala?

Unless the other diamond is on the '1' where it says "Take hang glider (1) to diamond (2)".

Edited by Fieldin86

Yeah i've compared it to that map and the missing number is smack bang in the centre (PALA).

My paper map supplied with the game lists 12 diamonds whereas that map you supplied lists 13. But counting the diamond markers in red and blue on the map you supplied there are still only 12 in Pala?

Unless the other diamond is on the '1' where it says "Take hang glider (1) to diamond (2)".

The 13th diamond in Pala is the one you get right at the start of the game after you get rescued by a faction. It's location depends on who rescued you, but it still shows as a blue diamond on the in-game map. Just count the blue diamonds in each sector to see if you have them all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nah you're fine. You don't get achievements for doing the buddy missions so, as long as you got them at some point, you're good.

Not true. The achievements for subverting the missions (Ruthless and Cold Blooded) require you to complete them doing the buddy mission (the blue square on your map not the red one) It doesnt matter if they get killed, but you still need to do them that way for the achievements.

Not true. The achievements for subverting the missions (Ruthless and Cold Blooded) require you to complete them doing the buddy mission (the blue square on your map not the red one) It doesnt matter if they get killed, but you still need to do them that way for the achievements.

He was talking about the missions that you get from buddies at the bar, which have nothing to do with subversion so it is true. The post he was replying to was asking if a dead buddy was a problem, which it isn't as the subversion missions will be given by another buddy as long as you have one available.