treasure locations?

RPG Master

Once I was able to land by the chest, I actually picked it up and threw it out of the flames

Yup, I just did the same thing with the elf (seeing as I keep doing the last level for that extremely elusive level 8 scroll). I died, continued, walked through the "ice flames" near the top corner, threw the chest out and opened it.

I'm beginning to wonder if the person that posted earlier that they got that level 8 scroll with the elf was correct, because the game sure isn't giving it to me and I've finished the last level 4 times now, killing every gargoyle in sight.

Anyone else have any ideas on that level 8 scroll? Bout ready to throw in the towel here, it's getting tedious.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm giving up, my game just REFUSES to give me a level 8 scroll. Just played through an entire game with the Elf AND Magic User, gave me several scrolls all the way up to level 7 (and gave me a TON of level 4's) but not one single solitary level 8 and I even hit all the hidden areas. FU game, FU.

Edit: and no sooner do I type this do I get the damn thing. W-T-F

Here's what I did, if it helps anyone else, used the Elf, started at Rafael's cave, got sword of legend, did NOT fight the red dragon, got to the gateway, got to the first set of gargoyles and 1 hellhound. For the first time ever, a WHOLE BUNCH of kobolds came out of the woodwork, I have no idea why, but the game has never thrown a pile of kobolds at me before. Not sure if the kobolds are what dropped it or if it was the gargoyle but damn that level 8 scroll was the most difficult thing to get. SO glad to finally be done!

Edited by GlassVial

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know where the Short Sword 3 and Short Sword 4 are? I played through the game twice with the fighter on different routes and still no dice and its my last two items...thanks!

Also for those looking for Scroll 8, I got mine with the magic user killing gargoyles during the frost salamander boss fight, then another popped up killing zombies in the first room of the tower.

Edited by sandglider
adding tips fir users above

Anyone know where the Short Sword 3 and Short Sword 4 are? I played through the game twice with the fighter on different routes and still no dice and its my last two items...thanks!

sandglider, the Elf gets Short Swords 3 and 4 from leveling up, so take her through a spin of the game and you should be done. :woop:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Why don't I have the thieves hood? I seen something about the name but my screen isn't in Japanese the only name it gives me is moriah idk I played the game twice in a row as a thief now still can't find it

You should name her Lynn, that should start her off with the hood on. I actually found it myself, think there's a chest in 10-1 that should gives a head item for the character you're playing as.

Here's a link to the one faq I saw with info about naming and some suggested names.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/708535-dungeons-and-dragons-chronicles-of-mystara/faqs/11489

There's also some other good info in there, so hopefully it helps some people like it helped me. Also as mentioned before when trying to get drops from bosses spam the A+B Desperate Attack, best done with the Fighter or Elf in my opinion. The last thing I needed was the Level 8 scroll, got it off a gargoyle on the last level. Best to do it with the Elf equipped with the Sword of Legend.

Edited by Saracin