Kumi vs. Jung Soo on All- Star

• 5 years later...

What's the soft backspin shot you are on about? I've been trying to beat Jung Soo with Kumi for about 3 hours and am still having trouble. Ace serve doesn't work and he seems to return-score everything.

Sorry for old thread revival, but I google searched "Kumi vs Jung soo" and this was the ONLY thing that came up.

• 3 weeks later...

A soft backspin shot is where you hold LB (soft shot) and use backspin (Y button), it can be quite effective even on all-star level as your opponents seem to mess up a lot when playing this shot. The 'perfect serve' would not work for me against Mark & Jung Soo so i used this method to beat them ;)

• 3 weeks later...

My main strategy was Y + B plus back on the left thumbstick, with a diagonal left or right as needed.

Other thing I did was let him beat me and then choose rematch rather than restart so he serves first. (5 serves on a 7 point game) I found it easier to win against his serve for some reason.

Agree with others, I couldn't find an ace/perfect serve spot with Kumi against Jung or Mark.

It is worth experimenting though as with some characters I have found the ace serve spot against both.

One guy on youtube demonstrates an ace serve from the left against Juergen but I couldn't replicate that personally.

Edited by LeiChat