What's your favorite Resident Evil game?

Sgt Scyther

What is your favorite Resident Evil game?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Resident Evil game?

• Resident Evil (Original)
    • Resident Evil 0
    • Resident Evil (Remake)
    • Reisdnet Evil 2
    • Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    • Resident Evil: Code Veronica
    • Resident Evil 4
    • Resident Evil 5
    • Other

This series has had a long history beginning way back on the original PlayStation, moving onto the GameCube, and making its way into the HD console generation. Which RE game has been your absolute favorite?

For me, I have to go with the remake of the original Resident Evil for the GameCube. It will always be, to me, the perfect Resident Evil game. It had just the right amount of tension, just the right amount of fear, the atmosphere was amazing, the voice acting and writing were actually pretty decent, and it was just overall a great game. Here's hoping REmake gets the HD treatment.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always been RE4 for me. You're right though, the earlier Resident Evil's were far scarier, but it's kind of difficult to vote on this since the later games have the advantage of better technology. It's hard to say that a really old game is better then a more recent one. RE5 would have been #1, because co-op was a brilliant addition and it really improved on everything that RE4 had, but it had no element of fear in it and the fact that enemies eventually had guns tried to make the game into something it shouldn't be. It was no longer "survival horror." RE4 at least had some scary moments (Regenerators scared the shit out of me when I first played it, and so did U3.)

RE6, wherever they take it, should be open world with quests or maybe in this case "missions." I always thought that would put the RE series back on top. If they just made the next game scary like it should be, kept the same gameplay elements (and put the Attache Case and Merchant back in) and added open world, damn that would be sweet.

Resident Evil 4 for me by far. I always liked the franchise but never was a huge fan the actual game play(Combat). Res4 made it more personal for me then aiming off screen and shooting something as it got closer to me. My second favorite would be Resident evil 3...Nemesis was...an ass. But he is officially one of my favorite villains.

Hard choice.

RE2 probably the best game in terms of atmosphere, scale and how much it seemed to improve the already good original.

RE4 just improves on what was a bit of a stale formula though did remove the horror and suspense somewhat as well as the zombies, but is almost a perfect game.

RE5 added in co-op which I love and tweaked RE4's controls for the better, I actually liked Sheva and the graphics were amazing. Unfortunately the levels were dull, a lot of the plot had gone into Manga/Matrix territory and there were literally no scares left to be had.

So I would have to say it'd be RE4 I choose, though RE2 remade with RE4's engine would be awesome and the greatest game ever!

I think RE2 is my favourite out of the numbered series, though I think overall, it would be the Outbreak Games. Regardless of what anyone says, I thought it was far more scary to see glimpses of things around the corners due to the static camera before they pounced while you turned without being able to move the camera sideways and remove any aspect of horror.

Admittedly, it was damn near impossible for me at the time to work out how to play online with my PS2 but I did it just for that game. Looking back, I can see a lot of that game going into the Left4Dead games.

I've voted for RE4, but I prefer the Wii version.

RE5 is great on the PC. Quite a lot of nice user made mods. IMHO it makes the game a lot more fun than the console versions. Got it on PC, 360 and PS3 with motion controller but I always keep coming back to the PC version.

RE1 Remake would be my choice of the classic games.

Tough descision anyway. I've liked every game from the main series (except Nemesis) and the first umbrella chronicles game was great, too.

Edited by Corma

I'd say Nemesis for the sheer fun of being Jill with a huge B.O.W chasing you around the undead city, the fact that he can follow you ANYWHERE gets me every time.

SERIOUSLY!?!?! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I swear at one part in the game he jumps through a 2nd or 3rd window(or falls through the ceiling or something>,>). I remember thinking,"How in the hell did his big ass get up here!?!:confused:"...My heart remembers that game better than my brain...so much suspense knowing that he can be anywhere at anytime...with a rocket launcher for added effect;)

SERIOUSLY!?!?! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I swear at one part in the game he jumps through a 2nd or 3rd window(or falls through the ceiling or something>,>). I remember thinking,"How in the hell did his big ass get up here!?!:confused:"...My heart remembers that game better than my brain...so much suspense knowing that he can be anywhere at anytime...with a rocket launcher for added effect;)

And when you shoot the gas lamp in grill 13 you think 'Oh he's dead!' but he gets right back up and depending on certain choices he'll be waiting by the bus with his Rocket or in the Newspaper Office; He's scareh.

By far the first Resident Evil is my favorite.

I remember going up to Funcoland everyday when they got their shipments in waiting for it to be released. I can't even remember how often it kept getting pushed back, this was before games had release dates on every Tuesday (US) My friend that worked there, my brother and I were super psyched once we got it.

I would always get into arguments with friends over which one was the best, but realized it was generally always the first RE game they played that's their favorite, fortunately I was able to get the first one on release while the majority of people I know got into RE when they released the second one.

To me the whole creepy mansion was just awesome, it seemed way scarier than most of the environments/areas in other RE games.

Edit: I should also give Resident Evil remake an honorable mention since it was almost as amazing as playing the original for the first time, and the graphics still stand up to this day compared to the original.

Had posted this in the Collectors Thread in the General section, but heres my collection of RE games (except not pictured my PS1 RE games, RE0 and OutBreak 1 & 2) and then obviously the PSN downloads and Code Veronica/RE4 for GoD.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/altruismisdead/SDC11179.jpg

Edited by AltruismIsDead

By far the first Resident Evil is my favorite.

I remember going up to Funcoland everyday when they got their shipments in waiting for it to be released. I can't even remember how often it kept getting pushed back, this was before games had release dates on every Tuesday (US) My friend that worked there, my brother and I were super psyched once we got it.

I would always get into arguments with friends over which one was the best, but realized it was generally always the first RE game they played that's their favorite, fortunately I was able to get the first one on release while the majority of people I know got into RE when they released the second one.

To me the whole creepy mansion was just awesome, it seemed way scarier than most of the environments/areas in other RE games.

Edit: I should also give Resident Evil remake an honorable mention since it was almost as amazing as playing the original for the first time, and the graphics still stand up to this day compared to the original.

Had posted this in the Collectors Thread in the General section, but heres my collection of RE games (except not pictured my PS1 RE games, RE0 and OutBreak 1 & 2) and then obviously the PSN downloads and Code Veronica/RE4 for GoD.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/altruismisdead/SDC11179.jpg

Love the whole "Only for Gamecub" disclaimer on RE4, man I was pissed when it was announced on PS2.

RE2 is the best game in the series just out of memory. Today it would be terribly dated but back then it was a masterpiece.

RE1 Remake and RE4 duke it out for second place

And when you shoot the gas lamp in grill 13 you think 'Oh he's dead!' but he gets right back up and depending on certain choices he'll be waiting by the bus with his Rocket or in the Newspaper Office; He's scareh.

His voice was the deal sealer. I would try to psych myself up so I would pause and think,"Ok you got this, he's ugly,slow,and probably hasn't gotten laid ever in his life. Time to own this loser:woop:"

*Unpause* All I had to hear was,".....STAAaaahhhrrrrrzzz".

*Pause* "I think i'll go take a break for a bit:p".

Oh and @AltruismIsDead that is a epic collection! (I love how the nintendo 64 Resident Evil 2 just laying there casually with the others)