Official Bitching Thread!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with u fang foom, i love it but after about 3 hours in MK2 the achievement didn't pop which kinda sucks :(

Also the double flawless is a bit frustrating :(

Yeahhhh just beat Tsung. Took me ages to do MK1 (Im rubbish but I enjoy it) but no achievement..guess ill try again..in a few months time

I need to lie down right now.

any tips on beating the comps?? lol seem to spam a lot

Use scorpion and spam X then His Spear and Uppercut, this worked for me on most- Shao Kahn UMK3 Also use Scorpion and Try to get a Uppercut then sprint towards him spam A whilst hitting back You should spear him then uppercut again Rinse/Repeat

Shang Tsung-MK1 use the Scorpion X spam i mentioned Above-Make sure to make good use of spear against Shang Tsung

Also in MK2 If you have trouble with Shang Tsung Use Jax and spam his X punch if you get it right the character wont make contact but he will take damage regardless and not attack back

This Worked For Me

Best of Luck :)

Edited by X Hoosun X

Reading some of these posts is hilarious. Clearly not many of you played MK back in the day. I remember getting absolutely raped by Kabal within 10 seconds not even being able to land a punch. Goro in MK is by far the hardest ever fight in any MK series. Y'all think Shao Kahn in MK9 is hard lmao the guy is a piece of cake compared to him in MK2.

The MK and MK2 move sets are limited so ofcourse there is spam.

MK was always hard as shit. Y'all wanna fight Noob Saibot in MK2? Win 50 matches in a row :)

Reading some of these posts is hilarious. Clearly not many of you played MK back in the day. I remember getting absolutely raped by Kabal within 10 seconds not even being able to land a punch. Goro in MK is by far the hardest ever fight in any MK series. Y'all think Shao Kahn in MK9 is hard lmao the guy is a piece of cake compared to him in MK2.

MK was always hard as shit. Y'all wanna fight Noob Saibot in MK2? Win 50 matches in a row :)

After hearing that. No. No i dont want to fight noob in MK2

Exactly, and as was said before the arcades were made for eating quarters. Kabal and Jade always gave me the most trouble in UMK3. But getting past the frustration and beating it in the Arcade was so fulfilling!

Played the hell out of MK1 and MK2 but can't say I could ever beat those in the arcade:mad: (namely due to the fact that their was always a line out the door to play in the arcades, so needless to say playing solo didn't happen too often)

My main complaints for this game is the Online Play. It's absolutely horrible, even unbearable at times - more often than not. Probably the most laggy game on XBLA I ever played. Street Fighter 3 Online is just superior whenit comes to online play. Love the game. Don't get me wrong, the classics for MK are gold, the online isn't.

I, for one, dont care that I get whupped as I know im not the best at it. My main problem is when i finally beat MK1 after hours of gameplay and frustration, not getting my achievement :confused:

HaHa Exactly what I was thinking. My memories of playing this game don't just involve having a good time, but also EXTREME frustration!

My advice to you newcomers is to Just try and remember there is always a way to win vs the cpu. Always.

Posted this in the MK1 thread, but I guess it fits here, probably more so:

This game is so disappointing. I was hoping to relive some fun times from yesteryear but the lag, ridiculous difficulty, and glitchy achievements just break it. Everything was fine as I finished MK1 and 2 and got the achievements no problem, then I spent hours fighting Shao Kahn on MK3 only to finally beat him and get no achievement.

I started and eventually ended with the same character on all three games but it decides to glitch on me for MK3. I know it's based on the arcade versions meant for eating quarters but still, very easy should mean VERY EASY! The combination of the difficulty and the glitchy achivements is just terrible and the developers should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a port that apparently wasn't tested enough.

/rant :uzi::uzi:

nothing major but why does the move list become un-selectable sometimes?

Only time I've noticed this is when you're not actually in "Kombat." Seems like you can only view the moves after the round starts. Sure would be nice though if the moves could be viewed outside of the match, so you didn't have to potentially take damage before viewing your moves.

• 3 months later...

Pretty much the same thing everyone else is probably saying:

AI on Very Easy seems like it's on a curve. You may get away with spamming the first few oppponets, but after about the third match the difficulty jumps up a couple of notches after every subsequent fight. You'll still catch the computer doing stupid shit like walking three-quarters of the way across the screen into a fan lift or blade barrage, but then it's like it Hulks out on you and has an answer for everything you can throw at it.

The controls seem unresponsive at times. Look, most of us agree that the D-pad on the standard wireless 360 controller is complete garbage. And for someone like me that grew up on the SNES versions of these games, the analog stick just doesn't feel right to use. So I'm stuck with hoping the move I just input actually goes through properly.

I picked this up during the Cyber Monday sale for 400MSP and I'm starting to regret it a little. Maybe the arcade versions of these games featured more aggressive AI than the home versions, but I didn't notice that when I played the demo.

I would have been LIVID if I bought this at 800MSP. My condolences to those who did and are experiencing similar problems. Maybe the upcoming patch will alleviate the major issues with these otherwise fantastic titles.