Achievement Guide + Roadmap

Shelton

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1864/UPs+ggM=.jpgRobot-Like Consistency30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Complete 5 successive laps within a quarter of a second of each other

Its not the hardest achievo if You take my tactics! Just got it from the first try here how it goes:

career> red bull> first race at Melbourne Australia> Practice

all the track go fast than stop before last straight in stopping points I used the one in this photo its 38 spot

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/276/20110923727.jpg

be sure always wait in the same position. Wait till the clock hits 2:00.000 and hit RT fully U will hit finish line at 2:07.470

dont stop go again at full speed in lap 2 and slow down and stop in the same position(at last straight) where U started wait again till 2:00.000 hit RT fully and again U will see that U finish at 2:07.470(or smth like that). Do that 5 times and achiev pops. I did this with FULL assists on easy. Heres the proof:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1231/20110923728.jpg

everybody GOOD LUCK and I hope this helps :) cheers :)

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar, worked first time and the variance between all laps was only 0.120 seconds :woop:

Theres an easier way for the Robot-Like Consistency Achievement .

Go to Time Trial on Monza and drive 5 laps in first gear dont need to break just drive.

Pretty simple and easy.

Took me about 10 minutes to get it .

I will test this and the other method, then decide which is easier. Whichever one it is, will be added to the guide.

*Ok, got the achievement. I have to say, I prefer Vytenis' method. It is foolproof, unless you don't stop at the same point. Therefore, I've linked to his post in the guide. I may link to the other one too, but we'll see.

Oh and thanks to LFC for mentioning it in the first place.

For the 9 in a row achievement, you actually have to win 10, since you have to beat the record

That was my mistake, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Fixed.

This is a work in progress, so we really do value the community's feedback.

Edited by Shelton

Here's a Video I've made of the "Robot-Like Consistency" Achievement.

If you would like to add it to the Guide please feel free:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjZv5Mv9qaA]F1 2011 - Robot-Like Consistency Achievement Trophy Tutorial Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Method and Settings Used (Taken from Video Description):

Main Menu > Grand Prix > Red Bull > Sebastian Vettel

Race Settings:

Participation Level: Long Race Weekend

Race Distance: 1 Lap

Difficulty Level: Easy

Weather Setting: Clear

Press Continue

Then go out to the Track and finish your “Out Lap” by crossing the Start/Finish Line which will start the Lap Timer.

Once the Lap Timer starts, drive your first “Flying Lap” as normal until you get to the Grid Positions on the Start/Finish straight.

As you come towards completing your first “Flying Lap”, slow down when you see the Grid Positions and Stop on the last Grid Slot on the Right, away from the natural Racing Line.

Accurately Line Up in the same position as shown in the Video (at 02:00). You can use the Grid Markings and the Letters of the Melbourne Sign to the right to always find the same Position.

Now wait for the Lap Timer to reach exactly 2 Minutes and Accelerate as hard as possible to the Start/Finish Line.

To Unlock the Robot-Like Consistency Achievement Trophy simply repeat this process for another 4 Laps (5 In Total). If performed correctly, you will Unlock the Achievement Trophy.

:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used an adaptation of the Stopping on the Grid method which has been discussed by several people and was tested and illustrated by Vytenis yesterday.

Instead of Stopping on the Grid Slot Marked "38" like in Vytenis' Method, I used the Grid Position which was closest to the Start/Finish Line to give a shorter distance between the Car and the Finishing Line.

This is more likely to produce more consistent and accurate Lap Times as there is less distance to travel and therefore less variables, like having to turn if the Car is going Off Line.

Edited by Tactical Tom

for the slap on the wrist achievement why do you advise this to be done in with someone else?

I had a 15 second lead in the first 3 laps with the AI on easy and was able to serve my penalty and still come out with the lead a few laps later

Because there's always the possibility of someone not being able to beat the AI, even on Amateur.

We will add the single player way also, just to be sure.

Seriously, only around 15 hours?? And 5/10 :( Shame really, I think this should have been made pretty hard like the last one. Afterall, F1 is not exactly easy to get into, let alone excel in in real life. Should mirror the challenge.

Great Pole Position video, did you life the audio by Alonso from a different source?

Do you think the Hard difficulty cheevo is only 5/10 difficult? I doubt

I would even give 3/10 or 4/10

because difficulty glitch from last years F1 2010 works. And I got all singleplayer achievos (820G) in like 7-10hours. So I think those stats are good. Great Guide!

Well Tom its the same strategy as mine but maybe with some fixes and so on :) but still great for making that video! Cheers! :)

Don't worry mate, he was just explaining your method and providing a video for it. I will post "Thank you's" at the bottom of the guide eventually, so you will all be noted for your contributions to the guide.

Seriously, only around 15 hours?? And 5/10 :( Shame really, I think this should have been made pretty hard like the last one. Afterall, F1 is not exactly easy to get into, let alone excel in in real life. Should mirror the challenge.

Great Pole Position video, did you life the audio by Alonso from a different source?

It is a shame indeed. I'm not really sure why they went this direction with the achievements. On track, it couldn't be more different. They've upped the ante in terms of AI dramatically (for the most part).

Hitman provided that video, some impressive driving for sure. I've got no idea how he got Alonso commentating, lol.

i personally dont think the achievements are any harder nor easier, they are just less of a grind. like the level 50 online achievement took me like 6 months to get after release without boosting, this year i will have all the achievements by tomorrow i reckon if i can find a partner for online coop.

then i can finally enjoy the game lol

Well Tom its the same strategy as mine but maybe with some fixes and so on :) but still great for making that video! Cheers! :)

Thanks Vytenis.

I used the same methodology as the route you previously suggested and I just thought changing the Grid Position to the Slot closest to the Line would make those people who attempted the Achievement more likely to Unlock it on the first attempt.

I was also finding it slightly difficult to see the numbers marked on the Grid from the Camera Angle that I normally use, so I thought others might have the same problem as I was having.

I was quite fortunate that the Tip I explained in the Video of using the Letters of the Melbourne Sign on the Right hand side to help Line up the Car accurately was a pure lucky coincidence but should also prove to be very useful when players attempt to Unlock the Achievement.

Brilliant Tom, excellent video and explanation. I've linked to your post in the guide. I'll leave it like that for the time being, unless people don't like clicking links? I may post the video just under the link, I will decide in the morning.

Thanks Shelton.

I hope I've explained it well enough in the Video for anyone who has no previous knowledge of the "Stop On The Grid" method to understand exactly how to get the Achievement unlocked on the first attempt. To be honest, I would prefer the Video to posted in the Achievement Guide as it took quite a long time to Edit together, but it is of course completely down to you and daenius.

Thanks Shelton.

I hope I've explained it well enough in the Video for anyone who has no previous knowledge of the "Stop On The Grid" method to understand exactly how to get the Achievement unlocked on the first attempt. To be honest, I would prefer the Video to posted in the Achievement Guide as it took quite a long time to Edit together, but it is of course completely down to you and daenius.

No problem, it's in. :)

I would even give 3/10 or 4/10

because difficulty glitch from last years F1 2010 works. And I got all singleplayer achievos (820G) in like 7-10hours. So I think those stats are good. Great Guide!

do you still have to change the settings back before the race ends? you can turn auto save off aswwell

I have an idea for the "Robot like consistency" achievement.

My idea is to pick a track like say, Montreal, where the lap times are around 1:15, but instead of driving flat out, drive really slowly and basically stop right by the finish line.

Then as the clock approaches 2:00 push yourself over the line. Then repeat again and again until it pops.

It's not precise by any means but may be easier than trying to set blistering laps consecutively.

Exactly how i did this one m8, i used Catalunya and got round in about 1:30 then slowed just before the line. Placed my nose of the car on almost exactly the same part of the finishing line and waited for 1:50 then floored it, took a few goes but got it.

Oh and i did this in Practice mode in my career so the laps i spent pounding round to do this would count towards the 500 miles in practice 'chievo

Hope this helps someone ;)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1864/-bHF-w==.jpgWinging It15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Cleanly overtake an opponent while the DRS is activated

DRS (Drag Reduction System) refers to the movable rear wing. In qualifying, you may use DRS as often as you like for an increase in straight line speed. In races, you need to be within a one second gap (to the next driver) when crossing designated points on the tracks. The DRS zone is a white line, going horizontally across the track. If you're within the one second gap when you cross the line, you will see the DRS button in the bottom right corner turn green. This means you can use it. Activate it by pressing :ybut: and cleanly overtake another car. There is an audible click when you activate it and you will see the DRS button flash. If you brake or press :ybut: again, DRS will deactivate.

Most circuits have one DRS zone, but a couple, such as Montreal and Monza have two. Be careful when using DRS (especially in qualifying) as you will have severely reduced downforce and thus less grip. Straights are fine. Also, DRS is disabled in the first two laps of a Grand Prix, for two laps after a safety car/restart and completely disabled if the race is wet.

An example of a DRS zone is shown below (Australia):

DRS.png?psid=1

where :confused:

where :confused:

Is the picture not showing up, or can you not see the lines and writing? Admittedly, white is not an excellent choice of colour, but it corresponds with how it looks on track. The DRS zone in Australia is just before the pit straight. You can then use it down the pit straight if you were within one second at the first line.

Can I request that this F1 2011 Achievement Guide be made into a Sticky Thread please.

It's annoying when users have to look around for the Achievment Guide on an Achievements based website.

:)

In due time, the guide hasn't really slipped off the first page, it's all good. If other people want to write guides, we need to give them a chance. When they see a stickied guide, it discourages them I guess.

As an aside, there are a few things I need to fix up in the guide. Mostly small stuff, but I shall get it all done this weekend.