Shoot The Messanger Achievement??

TRICKY1976

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to reiterate as well that the method in the Achievement Hunter video does work. Kill all the enemies, then climb all three ladders. Not sure if both people need to climb the ladders if in co-op, but did it anyway. My friend killed the first two and I killed the third, so you both can get it.

I can't say if these are the specifics for getting the agitators to appear; all I can do is recount what I did and maybe it will help others.

I'd played through once on normal, co-op, and only got the achievement for completing DE on any difficulty.

I then did a solo playthrough on amateur - going for the 150 kills and S rank - and managed to get all three agitators to spawn and got that achievement too.

The whole climbing up every ladder business sounds a bit arbitrary to me, but I did it anyway. I think it more likely that you've just got to kill EVERYONE in an area to spawn the agitator. But using every ladder doesn't hurt either. :)

The first area isn't too big - I got the first key, went through the gate killing everyone on the way, and the agitator spawned as I did the assist jump up (I was playing as Jill).

For the second, I'm pretty sure I killed everyone as I made my way through all the red doors (using the mounted weapons), and possibly used every ladder. Then again in the next area with the executioner. The agitator spawned when I used the two mounted weapons next to each other at the top - I used one; got Josh on the other. There were two bowgun majini on the walkway above the entrance - killed them, and that's where the agitator spawned with four other bowmen.

For the last, during the siege, I just killed everyone I saw, including one guy up high on some rigging, just below a big score star, two chainsaw guys and two gatling guys. The agitator spawned with about 20 seconds left on the clock with two big man majini.

Managed to get all three in the one playthrough; maybe I'm just lucky, but killing everyone (and hanging around to make sure no others spawned) seemed to do the trick. Just got Professional left to do now... :|

I had the first agitator glitch out on me. He spawned outside of the fighting area and he had infinite life. I wasted all my ammo shooting him in the head, but he wouldn't go down. I should also mention that I was playing online with my friend and he couldn't see or hear the agitator at all.

I had the first agitator glitch out on me. He spawned outside of the fighting area and he had infinite life. I wasted all my ammo shooting him in the head, but he wouldn't go down. I should also mention that I was playing online with my friend and he couldn't see or hear the agitator at all.

Same thing happened when I was playing online co-op with a friend. After the Majini appeared in the cutscene, we went looking for him, and after a while he called me, saying he found it. He was aiming and shooting something behind a fence, but I didn't see anything, and I was too polite to ask him if it happens frequently that he sees things others can't >>

people having trouble in the finale because the gattling gun majini are taking to long to kill why niot save one of the 2 rocket launchers for him?i did, then wasted the agitator majini with my second rocket launcher.

also so you know i followed video and worked first try. iv done the beggining bit 4 times before even trying to get this. with no agitators appearing. and iv killed all enemies in that section most of those times. so the ladder thing must be it. i went in both rooms aswell.

the only thing is seems really wierd that the ladder thing would trigger it

i have a theory, which is untested...but kinda backs that achievement hunter video.

it is: the first majini will not appear unless the correct enemy set is present. it seems there are 3 different enemy sets, when you start the game, one is randomly picked. this will decide what types of enemies you will be fighting throughout the game.

the enemy set which has the first magini appearing is the one where you come out of the first room and look right and immediately see a guy with a shocking stick standing there by the ladder. also, if you goto the first door you unlock, there will be a heavily armored guy who turns into one of those venus flytraps, he has armor on his legs.

on my playthru where i actually saw the first magini, and in the achievement hunter video...he came when those enemies appeared. other enemy sets dont include them.

you may have noticed on some playthrus you get 2 chainsaw guys and 2 chaingun guys at the end....sometimes you get axe guys at the end, sometimes you get the alien looking guys. all dependent on what enemy set loaded for you at the beginning (i noticed while i replayed the gd thing 3-4 times to get the 100 pts)

to get the first one to spawn you have to kill every enemy in the starting area...go up all the ladders to to trigger a couple spawns and once u do that wait a couple mins to see if amymore come then when u think its ok unlock the door go to the assist jump and go up it. once you go up he should spawn. the 2nd one spawns at the part with the 2 cannons beside ea other,go up there and look across and you'll see a copuple enemies,kill then and more will come kill them and the agitator majini should spawn with some bow guys. the 3rd one will spawn at the end after the roflcopter is delayed wait till 25 secs are left and he will come up the elevator with 2 big black guys.shoot him quickly and when his tenticle head appears throw a flash for a quick kill since u only hav 25 secsto kill him.

I got this achievement glitched. The first agitator never showed up, but I killed the other two and I still got the achievement. I was surprised, but I am glad it unlocked anyway.

So for those who don't have the first guy show up, try killing the other two in the level and see if it doesn't still unlock for you.

BTW, I had the red executioner and insect at the last part of the level.

the enemy set which has the first magini appearing is the one where you come out of the first room and look right and immediately see a guy with a shocking stick standing there by the ladder. also, if you goto the first door you unlock, there will be a heavily armored guy who turns into one of those venus flytraps, he has armor on his legs.

On my playthrough that I got all 3 Majini's there weren't any guys with the shock rod waiting for me, just two guys with flaming crossbows.

While there are no doubt different sets of enemies (and weapons) that can appear, this doesn't effect whether or not the agitator comes. The game programmers wouldn't make it random and then require you to get an achievement for it (unless it's something like Fable Pub Games, in which case they can kiss my ass). There's a set pattern to getting the first agitator. In my opinion, anyone who makes excuses is just doing it wrong.

I got it the first time tried to get it. On amateur, I just made sure to kill EVERYTHING in the first area. Then open the door and kill the next few people who come out (the ones who jump down). Make sure you have killed everything before you do the boost jump.

Then do the boost jump, and the first agitator appears. Turn around and jump back down, then go back into the first area and kill him. Easy.

On my playthrough that I got all 3 Majini's there weren't any guys with the shock rod waiting for me, just two guys with flaming crossbows.

While there are no doubt different sets of enemies (and weapons) that can appear, this doesn't effect whether or not the agitator comes. The game programmers wouldn't make it random and then require you to get an achievement for it (unless it's something like Fable Pub Games, in which case they can kiss my ass). There's a set pattern to getting the first agitator. In my opinion, anyone who makes excuses is just doing it wrong.

And exactly how many times in a row have you managed to get the first agitator to spawn now? I've played through this DLC multiple times now and since watching the video I'd say I have had at best a 50 percent rate of success for getting him to spawn following the exact method of the video. Call it random, call it a glitch, call it whatever but there is something that causes it not to happen from time to time. And as I stated before even the guy who made the video said it was his 4th or 5th attempt at it so clearly it doesn't work every single time.

This worked for me when going for the first Agitator: (Playing as Jill) I took Josh's pistol away from him, so he has no weapons at all. Then, I climbed up all 3 ladders and killed every enemy, I went into every room, I got the key, and i opened the door. After I did the assist jump, the 1st agitator appeared. So it is possible that YOU must get all of the kills in the area and not allow your partner to get any kills at all. Hope this helps!

killed all three of them and i didnt get the achievement. WTF is up with that. these dlc's blow and this achievement glitched. fuck that.

Dude, this thread is about Shoot The Messenger, not Way of the Warrior. Ok? What's the difference? I don't know. Why don't you read its description? :p And before you go on preaching your hate for the dlc's, which I'm sure a lot of people have done up to this point :rolleyes: , please be aware that there are people who absolutely love Mercenaries Reunion to death, myself included. Ok? :)

Edited by KarmaDog214

I was missing this achievement and the S Rank one, glad I got both on one run. Now I can delete the damn thing off my HDD so I can put MW2 on it. Gotta get ready for the Stimulus Pack! Anyways, back on topic. It took me like 5 tries to get him to spawn. I climbed all 3 ladders 2 or 3 times. Immediately jumped down after climbing one. I would jump from the trailer back to the ledge a few times too (both ways). Killed all the enemies before opening the gate. The guys who would jump down in the next area never showed up. Went up the ladder, then the dude showed up.

If anybody is still having trouble with this achievement, we can take turns and help each other get it. I could do it by myself, but this DLC is just boring, and I hate it.

Yeah sure m8, we can get the messenger and on pro difficulty if u want?

let me know

( GT= lI Killerbee lI )

:drunk:drunk

Edited by lI Killerbee lI

My friend and I were having the same problem getting the first agitater majini to spawn. We tried killing everything and climbing all ladders but the ladder thing would not work. We got the achievement today and I am not positive if this was what made him spawn or not but we both killed everyone on screen (even the ones behind the fence and the guy in the tower) BEFORE we used the key to open the gate. Once we opened the gate and did the assist jump he did spawn. Also we DID skip the cutscenes and we still got the achievement plus we both went up all 3 ladders just in case before opening the gate. Hope this may help because we had tried this at least 15+ times and using the key AFTER all enemies were killed was the only thing that worked for us.