First DLC and Patch 1.020 Details

xhunterrrr

It's hard to find a game these days to live up to it's hype. Last game that I played (and I still do) that is clearly unique and deserving of praise - Dark Souls. Even Bioshock Infinite wasn't as impressive as it was thought out to be by gamers all these years when it was in development. Don't get me wrong, I loved the story in Bioshock:Inf, it was one of the best stories told in recent gaming history, but the GAMEPLAY was the aspect that was really lacking to be good. Bioshock 1 nailed everything, while Bioshock: Infinite nailed only some of it (mainly story, sound, artistic style/atmosphere-wise). Since this isn't a topic for Bioshock, I won't delve deeper into it.

But the point is, that nowadays it's incredibly hard to make something truly unique and original and say that it REALLY is. Most of it, is just blowing smoke into gamers eyes to make them more susceptible for the clutches of money grubbing publishers.

I believe Peter Molyneux did this best. :p

Mundane story (though it was promised to be nothing like anything that a game in similar scale had). Wrong, it's SyFy cancelled show material. Wouldn't be surprised if the show got cancelled, within a month or two (just an observation, don't hate).

@dahanese - "Psst. Defiance was just renewed for a second season on Syfy. :D"

Edited by xhunterrrr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried abandoning the quest and starting it again? How are you stuck?

Yes did try everything, logging out.. Abandon mission, back to dashboard..

I'm stuck because the farmer that i have to rescue doesn't spawn (common glitch)

Woot Woot Woot!!

This morning +1gmt i started the mission and the farmers where there. Dunno if it's because there is a bew patch or because there weren't many people on that part of the map :)

Edited by Gilian85

What you actually said was:

That is completely different than:

As for the season pass, this is just one DLC. There will be more, obviously.

For $10, you get new pursuits, a storyline, new achievements, a new vehicle, new weapons, a new character (which I am excited for; I like the Castithans), new outfit, a few other new odds and ends, access to the new Battle Arenas (which the free won't have access to unless they are brought into them with a friend). How many $10 DLC packs offer that much content? I certainly wouldn't call that negligible. I've sadly paid more for less in many other games.

How are those two things in anyway different? Seriously read back what I said. It's the exact same thing only phrased slightly differently.

Regardless, all this DLC gives you is a few new missions (remains to be seen how many) and a new cosmetic race 'skin'. Plus achievements and pursuits, which is worrying considering how broken the current set are. All the weapons and vehicles etc are available to everyone with the exception that people who pay will get a different coloured variant. Gosh.

It doesn't sound like value for money at all, just like most DLC, and it's hard to get excited for new content when Trion can't even fix the content we should have already.

Oh cool, they added the Monolith arkfall I mentioned wanting a few weeks ago.

Also it's kinda cool that you can play as a Casthian and have the [cut beta content] Charge weapons back with improvements.

Though it's kinda bogus that the Casthian class is a $10 DLC and then that you ALSO have to pay to re-spec your race into one on top of it... The paid version should include a Casthian coupon or something. =/

Now it's just time to see what all of these things break.... Anyone taking bets that changing your characters name will automatically boot you from whatever clan you happen to be in? I am...

Edit: Also I'll probably flip a table if the Casthian version if Irisa's jacket is the old Purple one that male characters used to have pre-patch. I still want my purple jacket back.

This info has all been taken from the last "Enter the Badlands" stream, which can be found here. (DLC info starts at 27:50)

Dueling

• Challenge any other player in the world in a 1v1 duel.
  • Duel is over when one is killed or forfeits.
  • Losing player automatically recovers with no scrip penalty.
  • The winner gets a renewed sense to skill and their gear in the future.

Charge ranged weapons

• You hold the attack button down to get the maximum effect from the weapon.
  • Within each of these weapon classes the different weapons are going to have different properities modified by their charging effects.
  • Charge ranged weapons that are going to be in the game:
    • Snipers (have been shown in alpha live streams)
    • Pistols
    • Break action shotguns

Arena missions

• There is going to be a new Castathin figure, find him, and you might be invited to participate in his underground fight arena.
  • Series of challenges to be completed within the arena, with each challenge to reconfigure the arena layout, with added traps.

Castathin blades

http://i.imgur.com/TB1xe9m.png

• On completing the arena mission line, you can find a Castathin blade.
  • Can also be found in lockboxes.
  • You equip it in one of your loadout slots.
  • It can be used at any time, but there's a considerable risk using it at the wrong
    time or against the wrong enemy.
  • Tap the attack button to do a quick attack.
  • Hold the attack button to charge up the blade and deal a devastating blow.

4 person vehicle

• You're going to be able to cruise around the world in a 4 person vehicle that can
    carry your entire group.

Customize voice

• 6 new voice packs.
  • Ranging From sturn veteran to cocky hotshot.

Volge Sieges

• All new world event that involves the volge attacking key locations in the world.
  • When the alert goes out, get to one of the siege sites as fast as possible.
  • Start working together with fellow arkhunters to capture the valuable tech that has fallen to earth with the volge.
  • The volge offer one of the toughest challenges you've yet faced.
  • The better your team performs within the time limit of the siege, the greater the rewards at the
    end. (Unlike arkfalls).

Edited by k1ll1ng5pr33

So I'm going to ask the same question (ish) that I asked on the defiance forum..

Dueling

• The winner gets a new renewed sense to skills and their gear in the future.

Can anyone guess/ tell me what the gibberish in the quote is supposed to mean? :p

So I'm going to ask the same question (ish) that I asked on the defiance forum..

Can anyone guess/ tell me what the gibberish in the quote is supposed to mean? :p

It means you can feel good about winning a duel and knowing your equipment and/or skills are better than another person's.

Hopefully this will increase the level cap with the new challenges, and hope the new race they add has a different starting area :p

There won't be a new starting area. And as for the level cap, do you really need one? EGO rating currently caps at 5000. I can't imagine you have actually hit that.

There won't be a new starting area. And as for the level cap, do you really need one? EGO rating currently caps at 5000. I can't imagine you have actually hit that.

Is that an actual cap?

I thought it was just the effective limit due to the current number of perks on the ego grid (for xp levelling), pursuits, & skill levels.

In which case every new pursuit, weapon/ vehicle class or expansion of the ego grid would increase the max ego rank.

Is that an actual cap?

I thought it was just the effective limit due to the current number of perks on the ego grid (for xp levelling), pursuits, & skill levels.

In which case every new pursuit, weapon/ vehicle class or expansion of the ego grid would increase the max ego rank.

At launch, 5000 was max. I'm sure the episode pursuits we have received have bumped it up a bit. But some of those pursuits also disappear once new episode content is added, so I don't think the max is much over 5000. Either way, a DLC EGO cap increase is definitely not needed at this time. Especially for someone who hasn't even hit 2500 (the poster who was asking about an increase).