The Skyrim Glitch Thread (Discuss All Glitches Here!)

Method

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a picture (see attached) of my quest stats today, apparently i have negative 4 completed quests for the thieves guild. i only noticed it because im trying to return the thieves guild to its former glory, and i kept failing the quests in cities that i didnt need the assignments in.

so i guess ive done more to destroy them than help them...

Edit: im at negative 10 now

I took a picture (see attached) of my quest stats today, apparently i have negative 4 completed quests for the thieves guild. i only noticed it because im trying to return the thieves guild to its former glory, and i kept failing the quests in cities that i didnt need the assignments in.

so i guess ive done more to destroy them than help them...

Edit: im at negative 10 now

You should have just made a save, then reloaded when you didn't get the city you wanted. Save your journal the spam fail.

Having trouble with Liberation of Skryim. I'm at the part where I have to liberate the Rift however, no matter how many times I try to talk to Galmar, I don't get the "Reporting In" speech option.

EDIT: After a bunch of time spent getting annoyed thinking the game was glitched and I'd have to restart, I finally got the "Reporting In" option.

Edited by D347H0FL0V3

Watching the Dragons glitch across the screen is a glitch i hope they dont fix.

I think thats something that will get fixed or may already be fixed for some people.

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble getting married? No one seems to be interested in me. I have the amulet you need. Is there something i'm missing?

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble getting married? No one seems to be interested in me. I have the amulet you need. Is there something i'm missing?
if you have the amulet and do enough favors for them, when they see the amulet, they'll point it out and you can get married. Then you have to talk to that "priest" (I suck at names) in Riften. And the "marriage glitch" has been fixed with the last patch. I got married yesterday.

I would like to know if anyone know's if a miscellaneous quest from the "jarl igmund" in markarth were he ask you to go kill the bandit leader located at the four skull lookout is glitched. I ask because i went wandering in the game early on & killed the people at the location of were i am supposed to to kill the bandit leader at the four skull location & now when i return no one appears if anyone could please tell me what they know about this & if there is a fix thanks.

I am suffering from two pretty annoying glitches. First is that if I shift into a warewolf I don't shift back, no matter how long I wait. Second is summoning never seems to work. I have to cast the spell about 10-15 times before anythig spawns. Anyone else get this.

Actually I experienced on one right when i started the game as in the opening cut scene the horse the was driving the carriage behind you looked like it was having a seizure. Then when the first prisoner was supposed to get exacuted all he did is stand there and not kneel down to get his head chopped off. Is this normal because i heard great things about this game and so far i am not seeing them

I have had 3 major glitches with Skyrim so far.

1. The wooden mask disappeared from my house on the floor. I am married to one of the guys in Riften, the dark Elf named Romlyn Dreth. at some point It disappeared right after I left it on the table of his house. Checked my last saved game it is right after acquiring it and leaving it that it disappeared. This is a major loss because I would have to go back about a weeks worth of saved games, back to lvl 51 from 61.

2. Another glitch with the marriage house. After sleeping in the bed the dark brotherhood quests starts. I head back to the house Riften. It reset. Not all of the containers or the entire house, but a good portion. I moved everything to the Abandon house in Markath.

3. After getting into the Dark Brotherhood I am making potions and increasing my skill training with Babette in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. I train up to lvl 90 and she now has about 37k of gold on her. I create a few more potions and start selling them to here to get my gold back, but the she is not giving me any gold. I sold about 20 potions before I realized that her amount of gold was not decreasing.

It looks like everyone has had a crash/glitch issue with the Companion Quests at some point, irritating as hell as mine is about rescuing some hostage from Redorans Retreat. Every time I enter there my Xbox locks up.

That worries the hell out of me as if a glitch can pretty much break the game and almost your Xbox then they should move their asses and fix it sharpish.

PS - I think it may be because I have the game installed on my drive, I'll remove it and see if it works.

**EDIT** Just tried it running off the disc only and it still breaks/locks up the Xbox, so be careful if asked to do that job.

Edited by Cee Reno

I am having issues with the " Forsworn Conspiracy " quest, I did everything that was necessary even the optional stuff, it tells me to visit the guy in the shrine of talos but when i enter im being encountered by an imperial guard trying to recruit me instead of being arrested for the three murders, what are some ways to fix this.