Can you use Hard Lock or Soft Lock in NYM or NYMH?

Djambulat

That might not even be a good advantage depending on how you look at it. By the time you tackle NYMH you've probably played the game between 2 to 4 times in free aim mode. You've grown skilled at popping headshots and that is vital for killing the Cracha Preto and UFE enemies.

Put soft lock in there and all of a sudden the later chapters become way harder than they should be. You start pumping lead into their bullet-sponge chests instead of getting headshots.

No you can't get the achievement with any lock. Honestly if you keep playing the game with free aim you will get used to the levels and that will make New York Minute and Hardcore easier. I think that is exactly what the person above me just said but he is right. I haven't attempted New York Minute at all, but if you play through the game a bunch it makes it easier.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're use to soft/hard-lock then it's gonna be a bitch for you to play on free aim. But it sucks though cause when playing online that's what everyone plays, soft-lock.

Free aim > Soft/Hard-lock. IMO.

If you want to use Soft Lock on some of the harder missions in NYM then I say go for it. I did it myself and I have both NYM and NYM Hardcore completed. Took me 8 tries for NYM Hardcore just to give you an idea.

Took me 5 tries to beat NYM:HC. It's the simple things that get you.