Subscribing to x360a FAQ

Gackt

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna do this today. One question I couldn't see answered above. I gotta use PayPal to pay in dollars, but I'm in the UK, so will there be any sort of conversion cost on top of the subscription cost? I don't really use PayPal much, so unsure of this sorta thing.

Cheers!

Edited by UberPirateNinja

I'm gonna do this today. One question I couldn't see answered above. I gotta use PayPal to pay in dollars, but I'm in the UK, so will there be any sort of conversion cost on top of the subscription cost? I don't really use PayPal much, so unsure of this sorta thing.

Cheers!

You know, I'm not really sure. I will find out asap though.

edit: I asked a fellow subscriber who is from the UK, so hopefully he will post here shortly with any info for you.

Edited by Gackt

Guest Scotty

Cheers!

no there is no extra cost. it takes $15 off me every month and thats it.

EDIT: just saw gackt's edit. im not who he asked, but hopefully this was helpful:)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay i might be a bit daft but i was wondering how you change subscription, from bronze to silver in this case. Do i need to remove the subscription and set up a new or can i just update the payment at paypal? This is the first and only time i've used paypal and i think that site is a bit complicated.

Thanks in advance

Guest Scotty
Okay i might be a bit daft but i was wondering how you change subscription, from bronze to silver in this case. Do i need to remove the subscription and set up a new or can i just update the payment at paypal? This is the first and only time i've used paypal and i think that site is a bit complicated.

Thanks in advance

i think you will have to cancel your current payments via paypal, then re-subscribe as a silver subscriber. i don't think you can change it any other way.

also, if you do this to upgrade your subscription, you may want to inform Mr. Creech of your intentions just in-case you lose your subscriber privileges.

Edited by Scotty

i think you will have to cancel your current payments via paypal, then re-subscribe as a silver subscriber. i don't think you can change it any other way.

also, if you do this to upgrade your subscription, you may want to inform Mr. Creech of your intentions just in-case you lose your subscriber privileges.

I'll do that, thanks :)

Just set up to subscribe! YAY! I've been wanting to do it for years now, but the funds haven't always been there. But it's well worth the money, I honestly have no idea what i'd do without this site sometimes. Another motivator is the fact that I've wanted to change my forum name to what the rest of the gaming world knows me as, not what my current GT was 4 years ago!

I'm glad I found this forum, I was about to post about this somewhere else. So if I subscribe do I also get the donate award? Also if I do dose subscribing every month keep adding to the donate award?

Never thought about that.. been a sub for a week or so.. I don't have any awards though..

If any update on my profile, you will get your answer I guess :)

I'm glad I found this forum, I was about to post about this somewhere else. So if I subscribe do I also get the donate award? Also if I do dose subscribing every month keep adding to the donate award?

All subscription money counts towards the donation awards. So if you were to start subscribing right now you could get both a Subscriber award and the Donator Level 1 award. And donations are cumulative. As an example I've reached Donator Level 3 purely off of my subscription. Each month I continue to subscribe, and any possible future donations, would count towards me getting Donator Level 4.

Got your name color changed which is manually changed but haven't got the automatic awards? Hmmm

None of the site awards are automatic. They have to be requested:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=416292

The only automatic part is access to the subscriber board and custom user title.

Guest Scotty
I want to sub and i have a paypal account, but they want also a credit card ... is it because i'm from germany or something like that? *confused*

you don't need a credit card for the site, but you need your credit card linked/confirmed to your paypal account. you need to do this through paypal.com

you don't need a credit card for the site, but you need your credit card linked/confirmed to your paypal account. you need to do this through paypal.com

So the payment don't go over the credit card? Because i just have a prepaid credit card with no charged money ;) I want only pay with my paypal account with direct debit procedure.

Guest Scotty
So the payment don't go over the credit card? Because i just have a prepaid credit card with no charged money ;) I want only pay with my paypal account with direct debit procedure.

this site only accepts payments through paypal, and to have recurring payments on your paypal account, you need to verify your card.

sign into your paypal account, and just underneath the userbar, it should say 'welcome, then your name' in orange. just underneath this, there is 3 different options, one of which is 'status'. next to status, it should say 'verified'. if it doesn't you need to verify your account and then you can set recurring payments up and subscribe.

this site only accepts payments through paypal, and to have recurring payments on your paypal account, you need to verify your card.

sign into your paypal account, and just underneath the userbar, it should say 'welcome, then your name' in orange. just underneath this, there is 3 different options, one of which is 'status'. next to status, it should say 'verified'. if it doesn't you need to verify your account and then you can set recurring payments up and subscribe.

My account is verifed since years but i never needed a credit card. Even if i give paypal my prepaid credit card details, i only have the option to pay with this credit card but the card have no money on it and i dont want to charge it every month only for the $10 ^^

Guest Scotty
My account is verifed since years but i never needed a credit card. Even if i give paypal my prepaid credit card details, i only have the option to pay with this credit card but the card have no money on it and i dont want to charge it every month only for the $10 ^^

oh right, i get it. well your only option is to use the already verified card, and keep putting the $10 on every month. you could put like $60 on and then you'd be covered for 6 months at a time, but it looks like you don't want to be doing this so i don't know.

just out of curiosity, what is a prepaid credit card? i've never heard of that before.

oh right, i get it. well your only option is to use the already verified card, and keep putting the $10 on every month. you could put like $60 on and then you'd be covered for 6 months at a time, but it looks like you don't want to be doing this so i don't know.

just out of curiosity, what is a prepaid credit card? i've never heard of that before.

You have to transfer money from your bank account on the credit card. you only can use so much money as you transferred to your card. Like a prepaid handy. But i think you don't have something like that in the U.S. In germany it's nothing special.

But i'm still confused because i can donate with my paypal account, but for the subscription i need a credit card. Really strange ^^

Guest Scotty
You have to transfer money from your bank account on the credit card. you only can use so much money as you transferred to your card. Like a prepaid handy. But i think you don't have something like that in the U.S. In germany it's nothing special.

But i'm still confused because i can donate with my paypal account, but for the subscription i need a credit card. Really strange ^^

I have no idea then, sorry i couldn't be more helpful. you may want to either wait for a more authoritative member, or staff to respond, or maybe PM one of the senior moderators/admins.

To clarify:

It sounds like what you're saying is that when you click the donate link on our site, you are given the option of doing so via a paypal payment. BUT, when you click on the subscribe link on our website the only payment options we give you are via a credit card.

You have a verified PayPal account that is tied directly to your bank account and a pre-paid credit card (yes, we have those in America too) but for whatever reason you are unable to use that same card directly through the site or simply don't want to use it preferring that PayPal take the money from your bank account.

Bottom line - You want to subscribe using your valid PayPal account as your payment method and our site is not giving you the option.

If this is all correct, then we need to get an Admin or at least a SuperMod to check in on this. I just checked and PayPal is the only payment I'm presented with when I click on subscribe and select a subscription level.