The Official Bitching Thread

WalterWhite

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not being able to make a custom playlist for the radio

Hear hear. I've already turned my music volume down to zero for the game. I don't care for this game's soundtrack at all (in game music is sometimes entertaining, but they dropped the ball with the radio), and I was getting real pissed when I would turn the radio off, quick save, go for a stunt jump, die, reload the save, and magically, my radio turned back on. It just added to my frustration.

Yeah I've gotta say the radio is definitely the worst of the series IMO in previous GTA's you could switch to any station, and instantly recognize a popular song. Or at least a long forgotten treasure but I don't get that with V. Outside of a few old rap songs, Kenny Loggins, Eddie Murphy, Stevie Wonder and Michael McDonald the rest can go. The metal stations are horrible is slayer really too much to ask for???

My other gripes are switching to a player and they don't have a car, let alone a car that I've bought/modded for them. I also don't enjoy the character swapping, personally it makes the game feel fragmented. I enjoy following a character through a story all the way. I always feel like I'm getting bits and pieces being able to free swap, it makes the narrative a bit sloppy.

Yeah I've gotta say the radio is definitely the worst of the series IMO in previous GTA's you could switch to any station, and instantly recognize a popular song.

Frankly I think this game has the best radio station songs EVER. I mean if you don't recognize Rihanna, 2Pac, The Game, Phil Collins, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg (Lion), Britney Spears etc., then you either listening to the wrong stations or to a different type of music. In GTAIV e.g. I couldn't even understand what the fuck I'm listening to.

So I just did the mission where you have to run 5 miles in the dessert for the epsilon project. (Took me 7 miles because I accidently left the area and the miles were reset...it was just 20 metres, I swear! )

While I was doing that I looked around the prison and such and started thinking: There is so much not used in this game. The prison, the military base (well its used but not as a heist), several buildings are for sale and all that stuff. All of it will probably be used in multiplayer, but for the SP game its useless. And I'm fine with it, for the most part. But for some reason it pisses me off, that even though so much is in the game but useless for the singleplayer... no one cares. Would it be a different game, people would start another revolution with sticks and torches and all that good stuff. Day 1 DLC discussions would arise (even though its not DLC but the whole "its on the disc! i paid for it!" and so on).

So yeah... somehow that annoyed me pretty hard. But it could just be a side effect of HAVING TO RUN 5 FRICKIN MILES IN THE DESERT AFTER WEARING THE SAME SHIT-SUIT FOR 10 DAYS WHICH EFFECTIVELY PREVENTED YOU FROM CHANGING YOUR CHARACTER, BECAUSE THEY LIKE TO CHANGE THE CLOTHES! Stupid epsilon... stupid cris...

If someone finds this off-topic, here some on-topic: Money making is effin impossible without exploiting the crap out of the stock market. How am I supposed to get the 200 mil achievement? Again Online? And why can't I transfer money between characters? I hate the 3 character system...

There's more than 40 hours to put into this game if you go for all the achievements. Completing it 100%, completing the game, getting 70 gold medals, doing all the other achievements, collectibles, etc. shall net you lots and lots of play time, and you haven't even touched the Online yet. I don't see why people want to take a game like this and fly through it. Where's the fun?

This has always been a boggle for me. I do admit that sometimes, towards the final 1/3 of a game, I may focus solely on the story missions/portions due to the grip of it or just wanting to know what happens next. For the most part with games like this or Assassin's Creed, Fallout, Red Dead, Crackdown, etc (Sandbox/Free Roam), I ALWAYS take advantage of exploration. Not just to find specific items or collectibles but to see the world in action. Appreciate how "alive" the devs have attempted to make the game.

So far, while slightly mundane or cliche, the ambient conversations and actions of NPCs are pretty interesting. The Random Events (a smart note taken from RDR) add a little extra "umph" to a dull drive or losing track.

In an early mission (I think it was "The Long Stretch") with Franklin, Lamar, and Stretch, I got to the part where Lamar is on the floor with two guys about to kill him and I was right in front of one of the gunmen with my shotgun out and I continuously shot him and he would not die. In the end, I was killed by the invincible thug. I retried the mission with no problems, but that was very annoying. I also hate that the cops seem to get on your ass no matter what tiny thing you do. Once, I was innocently waiting for the ride up to the peak of Mount Chiliad with Trevor and some woman started complaining about me and how she would call the cops if I didn't go away. Admittedly, I didn't obey her threats, but I thought it was merely classic GTA NPC chatter. In the end, I had to outrun cops for about ten minutes and then spent about another five minutes getting back to where I was. Then there were the tense 3 or 4 minutes spent waiting for the ride to the peak, hoping that none of the three individuals on the platform got offended by me and called the cops. This is just one example. I love the wanted system in the GTA games, but it seems especially intrusive in this game. I also hate the one-hit kills from mountain lions after 20 or more minutes spent in the hunting side mission.

Frankly I think this game has the best radio station songs EVER. I mean if you don't recognize Rihanna, 2Pac, The Game, Phil Collins, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg (Lion), Britney Spears etc., then you either listening to the wrong stations or to a different type of music. In GTAIV e.g. I couldn't even understand what the fuck I'm listening to.

So you didn't really read what I wrote as I said the old school rap was cool, nah I'm a 33 year old man I don't listen to Britney Spears bud. Yeah I do listen to different type of music hence my Slayer comment. But I do enjoy old 80's one hit wonders, classic tunes and random odd tunes as well, they just aren't as prevalent as in previous GTA games. Or if they are they're using alot of b-sides.

In Red Dead, when your character was on foot and came to a sloped surface, they'd lean back on one leg, put one foot forward and slide down.

This was perfect.

Why the hell do the crew become so awkward with slopes? I swear the animation makes it look like they're going to fall flat on their faces every time they have to go down a steep incline...

I had a police chase and I took it down a subway system as I was near an entrance. I got down to the platform taking out a few cops along the way and when I got down there loads of cops were on my radar but I couldn't see a thing. I assumed they were simply on higher levels, however I suddenly got taken out by a hail of gunfire by cops who were invisible. Not impressed. :(

Here, here.

Great post. I completely agree!

Sadly, I'm the total opposite. My radio volume has been on zero for the past few days, and from GTA III on, this game has my least favorite soundtrack and has left me very disappointed. The only station I've enjoyed is either the rock radio (up top and one to the left) or, somehow, that dance pop station (up top and one to the right), but I just feel like the songs play and loop so fast that I hear the same ones over and over. Queen? Phil Collins? I could listen to them all day. But when I hear the songs over and over, it gets tiresome.

Though I must say, I had NO idea Don Johnson did music back in the 80's. Catchy stuff. Who knew Big Daddy was a singer?

Sadly, I'm the total opposite. My radio volume has been on zero for the past few days, and from GTA III on, this game has my least favorite soundtrack and has left me very disappointed. The only station I've enjoyed is either the rock radio (up top and one to the left) or, somehow, that dance pop station (up top and one to the right), but I just feel like the songs play and loop so fast that I hear the same ones over and over. Queen? Phil Collins? I could listen to them all day. But when I hear the songs over and over, it gets tiresome.

Though I must say, I had NO idea Don Johnson did music back in the 80's. Catchy stuff. Who knew Big Daddy was a singer?

I'm not into the soundtrack either and have considered turning the volume off in the settings but that doesn't feel like the right thing to do in a GTA game. Of course there are some great songs sprinkled throughout but the magic is missing. Maybe once have I gotten into a vehicle and heard a song that just fit the situation randomly and made the entire moment amazing. It happened about 90% of the time in Vice City. The talk radio portions and commercials are as strong as ever though.

This is why I miss the PS "trick" to opening the disc tray, inserting any CD and that becomes it's own Radio Station. I'm sure you could just hook up an mp3 player and have your own soundtrack but you'll have it all the time instead of just as a car station.

Some tunes are just the perfect cruising jams in these games. I remember in Vice City, I must've stopped what I was doing JUST to drive in the cinematic cam whenever Flock of Seagulls and Laura Brannigan came on lol

I'm not into the soundtrack either. Of course there are some great songs sprinkled throughout but the magic is missing. Maybe once have I gotten into a vehicle and heard some random song that just fit the situation randomly and made the entire moment amazing. It happened about 90% of the time in Vice City. The talk radio portions and commercials are as strong as ever though.

The tongue in cheek humor has almost never been a letdown esp with the ads/radio commercials lol.

I think the worst soundtrack was definitely in GTA4. And I agree about the magic moments as I mentioned above from VC. San Andreas just had a great lineup given the time it was representing.

So you didn't really read what I wrote as I said the old school rap was cool, nah I'm a 33 year old man I don't listen to Britney Spears bud.

Nope I didn't and I'm 29 years old and don't listen to BS either but I do know that bitch when her voice comes along. Never mind I think the soundtrack is great, although I'm missing ACE HOOD and T.I. that's my bitch about.

Here, here.

Great post. I completely agree!

Glad someone noticed hehe! :drunk

It has some good songs, but when I only really enjoy maybe five out of all of them presented, that's a problem. I just don't get it, all of the other soundtracks for the past games were excellent. Of course, it's just a matter of opinion.

I've had some cool moments, though. I remember being in an Audi-like car out in the desert, drifting onto a road as the chorus for 'Radio Ga Ga' started. But, after a while, it just gets tiresome having to turn it off all the time.

Could always be worse. At least you get the option to choose a station for some variety. Nobody complains that games they love and play over and over have the same score over and over lol. But this? "NOT ENOUGH! NEEDS MOAR!"

As said, this is at least a worthy game to attach your mp3 player to for soundtrack material especially if you're not doing missions and just aimlessly mulling about.

Got that a long time ago. I was doing the plane parts mission and I thought I was done with all the stupid collectibles, so lame. Then she gives me 10 bucks as a reward, seriously I had to clip that bitch!

IV had a quite a few popular artists, but not as many as this game. The Beat 102.7 is still the best station ever!

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to The Official Bitching Thread