This game will 1 of 2 options.

I agree that it would be best as a kinect + Controller game, being played while sitting, preferably. Using strictly kinect would probably be overwhelming. With how excellent the voice commands work so far, they will probably play a big part..."Lock", "Fire", and depending on the level of detail like the last one "start" or "Engage", and commands of those kinds.

I just like Big Mech's with big guns........I miss Chromehounds!

• 4 months later...

It's awkward playing a motion-based game that requires hand movements when you're holding a clunky two-handed controller. I think the idea of having buttons on a dashboard that you can hit with the Kinect is neat but would also be very difficult to pull off when your in a frantic combat scenario.

I think the game is going to be a lot like the mechs you see in an anime (where the pilot is suspended in mid-air and the mech mimics the moves of the pilot onboard.) Hand Gestures are likely to to be used for the various weapons and features (like waving two fingers in front of the eyes would activate the windsheild wipers.) Voice commands are likely to play a role in the commanding of your squad (although I'm not sure how you're supposed to change channels.)

I imagine a lot of features will be dropped from the original or will just be done automatically. It's a shame to see it happen, but even losing it's realism, at least we'll still hopefully get a fun Mech game to fill the void (since Chromehounds shut down, Armored Core sucks, and Front Mission is dead online. I can only hope people actually buy this game (or they announce a Mechassault 3 at least. I know people will buy that game.)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i loved CH & am a HUGE kinect fan. i am not sure of this game though. my concerns are how well the controller & kinect will function together. i dont mind standing/walking/running for long periods of time. i'm in good shape. i think games should now be made with both controls in mind. heres what i mean; have it so i have a choice not hybred controls. i'm concerned about hybred controls. forza4 was awesome using both types of controls. you could play either way. i wish more games were like this. give me the choice of kinect or standard controls. hybred will just have me fumbling for my controller.

i still need to play the demo though. i do hope this turns out good. but i'm not confident it will. thats my thiughts & concerns so far :)

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've seen in a trailer, it's a combination of the two, giving the user precise control over movement of the mech whilst other actions are controlled by the Kinect. It's a good idea since it can give a much more immersive experience rather than just a joy-pad only mech game. That and Kinect alone would make this almost a copy and paste of Rise of Nightmares. Of course trying to fiddle around with a movement gesture whilst keeping an eye on your pad will be difficult, it;'s a Kinect game I'm wanting to try.

That said have any of you seen the original controller for the first game on the first Xbox?

http://www.toplessrobot.com/sb.jpg

I would have rather seen this bad boy come back. I would have pre-ordered ALL OF THE EDITION.

I've never played a mech game, but there are only 3 online achievements, so I may give it a go.

You could start small by firing up Robot Arena 2 on your PC. It's British Mechs, as in Robot Wars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...