Toy Story 3 FAQ

Fishman

http://i32.tinypic.com/n15ekp.jpg

Welcome to the Toy Story 3 FAQ, in this thread you will find answers to the most basic and some of the more unique questions about Toy Story 3: The Video Game. This FAQ will cover the Story Mode, Toy Box Mode, and everything in between.

Story Mode FAQ

Q:How do I access the Pixar Interviews I unlocked?

A:It is accessible from the game board, scroll all the way to the left, put your crayon on the little silver Pixar lamp and press :abut:.

Q:Can I grab a collectible and quit or do I have to finish the whole level?

A:Yes, you can quit. Just load up a level, grab whatever collectible(s) you need, then just quit out and it will save automatically.

Q:Where do I spend my Al's Toy Barn Tokens I collect in Story Mode?

A:Go to the Al's Toy Barn on the game board and enter it by pressing :abut:. Then go to the left 1 time to the chicken prize dispenser, keep buying till nothing but coins are in the capsules. This items will be available for use in your Toy Box.

Q:I'm having trouble beating the "Alley Throw" event in the Sunnyside Daycare level, any tips?

A:Try holding down the :rtbut:, not everybody knows you can do this. Make sure you focus on the space aliens (silver suits and jump) and the running aliens (red hats and run) first, when they start to appear, these two kinds will give you the most trouble. If any aliens are behind one of the baskets you can get them by shooting above the basket and at the basket behind it , try to use that technique. If you let one cross the line pause then "abort mission" and restart because there are exactly 100 and you need all of them. Also, try to memorize where they spawn, some of the aliens will spawn from the same spot every time. My final tips seem obvious but just keep cool and try to keep them as far away from the line as you can.

Toy Box Mode FAQ

Q:How do I get the prize capsule on top of Town Hall?

A:Hit the switch on the back of the Hat Shop and the hat sign on the front of the shop will fold down with a little launch "bubble" on it. Just jump on it and it will shoot you to the top of Town Hall.

Q:Any fast ways to get coins other than the normal stuff like missions and mining gold veins?

A:Yes. Equip you throwing balls (hit the :rtbut:) and then hit or hold the :xbut:. You will toss a ball up (which takes ten from you) and it will turn into a coin (which gives you 10). You can either do this to get a few, or hold the :xbut: down to turn every ten balls into 10 coins. To be honest I never used the balls when I played, aside from having to hit a switch or something so I only kept about 100 with me, you can always get a few more balls by charging into one of the cactus that have flowers or completing missions.

Q:What does the "I love Hamm" shirt look like, I need it for the Mayoral Election mission?

A:It is a white shirt with a red heart and Hamm's face in the middle of the heart. If you still can't find it, go to the "Mom with Pan" outfit (the one with the apron and frying pan) and go to the right 2 times.

Q:How do I grow vegetables in the garden (I need a pumpkin for the "Pumpkin Pie" mission)?

A:Buy the garden from Al's Toy Store, once the garden is finished building there will be 4 wooden signs with a vegetable on them. Go up to the sign with the vegetable you want to grow, and press :xbut: to start a mini-game, beat the mini-game and the vegetable will grow next to its sign. Go up to the vegetable and press :xbut: to pick it up.

Q:I didn't get the "Moving Target" gold star and I already bought all the toys, also where does the stagecoach spawn from?

A:Walk up to Town Hall, now turn right and follow the path you are on all the way to the end. That big door with a wagon wheel above it is where the stagecoach comes from. If you bought all the toys your only option is to wait for the "the stagecoach is under attack" message, it might seem like it will never happen and it's glitched, but I have never heard a case of any repeatable "pop-up" missions getting glitched (i.e outlaws robbing bank, pixies attacking town, etc.). Just run around, collect gold, customize, replay races, until you get the "stagecoach is under attack message from Mayor Hamm. When you get it run up the Mount Toymore mountain, look towards where the stagecoach spawns and release the paratrooper.

Q:Any tips for completing the photo missions where you have to take a picture worth a certain number of points?

A:The easiest way I found was to take the Fairy Rod and give 4-6 townspeople pixie wings, then take a picture of the winged townspeople. This method will get you enough points to complete all the point required photo missions. If you don't have the Fairy Rod you can customize some of the townspeople in different types of outfits (i.e scary, funny, etc.). Then take a picture of a group with 5+ townspeople and you should get enough points using this method for all the missions as well. Another tip is to get close to the subjects and zoom in as close as you can all while fitting the townspeople in the frame.

Q:I need to take a picture of Mr. Pricklepants, who and where is he?

A:Mr. Pricklepants is a hedgehog who is wearing green Lederhosen (German suspenders). He is located in New Town which is accessible after blowing up the dam. If you enter New Town from the "Old Town" tunnel he should be somewhere in the area, usually fairly close to the tunnel exit.

Here is a picture of Mr. PricklePants

Edited by Fishman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that this thread is a very good idea. For a 'kids' game, it is suprisingly vague and confusing! I would have expected a bit more in the way of in game explanations, particularly pertaining to the collectables. I have been playing for a few hours now, and yet I still feel a degree of uncertainty in relation to how certain things work in the Roundup section... an odd feeling to have whilst playing an 'easy kids game'!!! :)

• 11 months later...
I just wanted to say that this thread is a very good idea. For a 'kids' game, it is suprisingly vague and confusing! I would have expected a bit more in the way of in game explanations, particularly pertaining to the collectables. I have been playing for a few hours now, and yet I still feel a degree of uncertainty in relation to how certain things work in the Roundup section... an odd feeling to have whilst playing an 'easy kids game'!!! :)

I dont think this is easy at all. The stroy missions are but finding the collectables is fairly hard. Toy box mode is just confusing as hell.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A must read before playing the game! If only I read it before... Thanks!!

And just an addition for the "moving target gold star": it was glitched with me. I mean that I have to do the mission but the coach weren't at its supposed place to be... when I looked through the access door (there is a small horizontal hole there), I could see the coach waiting behind the door...

I reinstalled the game and it was ok!

Edited by greggandjah