Co-op Challenges Wiped

IbdwIRascal

EDIT: Long story short - DO NOT START A CO-OP MATCH BEFORE VERIFYING THAT YOUR AGENT STATS ARE VISIBLE. If you see any 0's, back out of Co-op and re-enter until they do. Major kudos to Market for sharing.

Just a heads up to everyone.

I've been working on the CEO achievement for several days now - off and on. Got on tonight thinking I could finally wrap it up and move on. I only had 9 or the 125 challenges left. By my estimate, I could have completed those in about 10-15 solo games.

I got on to find my co-op stats missing. Not an unusual occurrence, my rank and upgrades have never disappeared, but difficulty completion and challenges disappear frequently. I assumed I could load up a game, and the issue would correct itself. I played through the first checkpoint of New England, only to see Level 1 Challenge completes pop on screen. Pretty sure my heart skipped a beat. I backed out and all my other stats had returned - except for the challenges. Those are now reporting 2 out of 125 complete.

I've searched for some time now and can't find a remedy. Reboots have failed to resolve the issue and I'm pretty sure the challenge stats are stored remotely on an EA server - which were either deleted or overridden.

Last I saw I had just shy of a day in co-op. The last three quarters of that have been strictly for the last achievement I needed to 100% - CEO.

As I figure I'm boned anyway, I'm going to play a few more games and see if the server decides to pull its head out of its ass. In the meantime, I would recommend not start a co-op session without your stats visible. Otherwise, you may face the same disappointing fate as me. I'll update if anything changes.

Edited by IbdwIRascal
Summary

Just finished a full playthrough of New England on Normal Private Solo. I finished the game with 81 total blue print tokens and 9 challenges completed. They weren't the 9 challenges I needed.

My stats continue to tally like they were wiped earlier tonight. In fact, when I check Player Statistics under Extras from the Main Menu, it shows all stats related to co-op (including those with achievements already obtained) at flat zero. I wouldn't have figured those to be stored remotely. I'm going to try and delete the cache, maybe even transfer my save and re-download one from the server and see what happens.

EDIT: Neglected to mention that the Wall tab in Co-op still lists my previous Challenge completes from the last several days. However, it now also includes all the Level 1 Challenges I completed as well.

Edited by IbdwIRascal
Additional Information

Final update for the night. Trying to keep the posts separate instead of amending the original to make this easier to read. Doesn't seem like this specific forum gets much daily traffic anyways.

Cleared system cache - no change.

Generated new save file by changing storage device and then loaded into co-op menu. There was a longer hesitation than normal as it appeared to download my stats. Unfortunately, the stats it downloaded were the ones from only my previous game.

For now I'm going to leave it, come back in a day or two and hope to some furry god that they get restored.

Honestly though, I have a strong feeling they were overridden on EA's server. Makes me feel better about not playing any of their other EA multiplayer games like Battlefield. Not sure I could stand to lose all that progress all over. Then again, I still have Mass Effect 3 on the horizon.

Cheevos are a hard mistress.

I'm sorry to agree with you, but I haven't seen anything anywhere giving any clue whatsoever about getting stats back that were lost... I've had this same thing happen to a friend of mine a couple times, he's finished up his challenges for a third time now...

now for the sliver of good news...

I've been on the verge of a reset five times now... I can say with a great degree of certainty that sudden removal from a server can spark this reset... however, I did say good news... you can avoid a reset in the future just as I have done...

I make it a point, more like an edict, that I look at my Agent tab before I start a mission or join up with someone else that's hosting a game... if those stats aren't where they should be, the fix is simple... back out to the title screen and reconnect to the Syndicate server... if the stats are still not correct, repeat the process and it should straighten itself out...

if you connect to a mission, either starting your own or to someone else, your stats will be saved as they are... thereby making you start all those challenges over again...

I'm really sorry to hear that you were bitten by this glitch, but hopefully this will help you and others in the future to avoid this issue...

again, it's almost happened to me five separate times now... each time was avoided by simply backing out to the title screen and reconnecting...

I'm not telling EA about this "fix" as it will just end up on their support page (just like the Live Party issue did) without even mentioning that my crew and I discovered this way to avoid a reset... (just as they did with the Live Party issue)... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice (and the sympathy), Market. I never really intended to do this achievement in the first place. I tend to frown on just about any game that requires on outside reliance beyond a co-op partner to 100%. However, I ended up finding some random strangers who helped me get IPO, and all of the sudden CEO didn't seem so far off.

I decided to take on the challenge of going after it again. Only this time, I did a straight up grind-a-thon solo. Took me about 12hrs total (over the course of a week). For some reason, this damn game had that something special to make me do it again.

I'll update the original post so hopefully others don't fall victim to the same circumstances.

• 3 weeks later...

This nearly happened to me, and still might knowing my luck. I saw my challenges didn't load, so I backed out, shat myself, kicked my brother off the internet, plugged an ethernet cable from the Modem into my 360, reconnected and they didn't load...

Until I checked my Syndicate, then I went back to my Agent tab and they had reappeared. I only really have Electric Armour Kills to grind out, but I'm terrified of booting it up again in case it wipes everything. Such a great game, but the glitches, especially this one, are soul-destroying if you get hit with them.

This nearly happened to me, and still might knowing my luck. I saw my challenges didn't load, so I backed out, shat myself, kicked my brother off the internet, plugged an ethernet cable from the Modem into my 360, reconnected and they didn't load...

Until I checked my Syndicate, then I went back to my Agent tab and they had reappeared. I only really have Electric Armour Kills to grind out, but I'm terrified of booting it up again in case it wipes everything. Such a great game, but the glitches, especially this one, are soul-destroying if you get hit with them.

I'm VERY happy to see that you avoided the reset!! I agree that glitches like this can be very disheartening, but at least with Syndicate it's something you can circumvent... I've watched resets happen to friends with other, more popular shooters, specifically one in mind... a third person, uber-popular shooter that has had rank reset issues that are unavoidable since the first of the three games... I think we all know what game I'm talking about here... lol

but the bottom line here, like the OP states, is to check those stats before starting or connecting to a game... if you run into this again, you should just be able to back out to the main menu and reconnect to the Co-Op server... it should restore your stats with the first try, but I've had it take a couple back and forths before... the good news is that the stats are not saved until you actually start up a game, or connect to one in progress...

once you see a "challenge completed" while in a match that you've already completed before, it is too late to fix... from what we know, anyway...

again, really, really, REALLY happy to hear that you weren't reset... any bad that happens with this game effects me on a personal level... not that I had anything to do with the creation, mind you... just that I have a long love of this IP, was really happy with the remake, and loathe any bad press this awesome title gets... sure, it's buggy... but most of the glitches with it can be avoided by paying attention like you did... :woop:

• 2 months later...

thankfully the only thing that got wiped out for me is the melee kills i did the other day. i finished it and now i only have 30.. =( but i guess it could be worse. sorry to hear that.

i thought it was a glitch becuz i never played the story, so i finally did and when i finished it. i noticed my stats in extras only said 60 grenades breached, thats impossible. so i loaded co-op to see it said 0 on every challenge, then the server kicked me off and then i reloaded and all of my stats were back but the executions were back to 20/50. dammit... i was hoping theyd come back after playing a match, but nope..