Clarification on completion times

monk3boy

I'm trying to figure out a gameplan for completing some low scoring games I have on my card.

I am trying to work out the fastest way to do it too.

What I would like is some clarification on the following.

The roadmap for this lists the difficulty as 5/10, and completion time as 6-8 hours.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/tomb-raider-anniversary/guide/#

The discrepency comes from the time estimate given in the quick/easy 1000s, listing the time needed as 20-25hrs

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124704

If it was out by a few hours, I wouldn't ask, but given that it is almost 4 times the roadmap, can someone please give me an estimate as to which one is nearer to the mark?

Thanks in advance... ;)

The completion time needed for this game is definitely not 6-8 hours, and 20-25 hours is more acceptable.

This game is frustrating at times, so 5/10 for difficulty is appropriate.

EDIT: At the moment I am at around 75% completion of the game and it took me over 15 hrs already.

EDIT 2: Finished the game last night. Took me about 30 hrs. Time Trials are really annoying as I usually had to play some of them twice or more to complete. And some of them take 20 min or so to finish.

Edited by JieXY

• 2 months later...

Yeah, its 20-25 hours. I'm pretty pissed, cuz I thought I'd be able to finish this in a couple days. Now, I'm stuck playing this crap for much longer than I wanted to. I would have been really pissed off had I rented this game, thinking it would only take a day or two to beat. I have no idea what idiot put 6-8 hrs, but they are dead wrong. That's physically impossible to do.

It probably would have gone faster if this game wasn't so buggy. It took me about 45 mins alone just to get that last artifact on Obelisk of Khamoon, since whenever I tried to drop off the ledge, I kept clipping, and falling without grabbing the first ledge. If by some miracle I grab it, I'd miss the second ledge grab. I was only able to get the artifact because I got stuck standing on that second ledge somehow, while clipping it.

BTW, this is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.

• 3 months later...

blah! i wish i would have seen this thread before i started. i've been trying to burn through my backlog and saw that this one would only take 6 - 8 hours, so that's why i decided to start it. i'm now 11 hours in and still have 6 levels left plus all of the time trials. this is complete crap.

for anyone who might want actual numbers instead of the fictional 6 - 8 hours mentioned in the guide, i finished the campaign+mansion in 19 hours and finished the time trials in about 9 hours. so, roughly 28 hours for the full 1000. i used a guide for the collectibles but not for the puzzles. my in-game clock says about 8 hours, which is probably what the author of the guide went by for some reason.

the guide should probably say 25 - 30 hours.

also, 2 of the collectibles videos in the guide aren't complete. i can't remember the exact levels, but i think one was the first level of greece and the other was the second level of the lost island...but i'm not positive. each of those 2 videos was missing 1 collectible.

overall, i would recommend not playing this game if you want to get the achievements and have fun at the same time. constantly having to reload your last save is just a big pain.

• 5 months later...