What are your thoughts about TTT2 so far?

Hanzo Zer0

oh boy all those whining babys here.

oh boy all these complete idiots here ^ (ok just 1)

Because someone has an opinion you don't agree with doesn't mean they are a whining baby. You first need to study the english language, after that find some common sense, finally, you can practice what you have learned and use it in this forum.

Can you learn to disagree without insulting people?

:uzi: :eek:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So teaching a mechanics for new players on a most basic level is stupid?Its a perfect extra cause Tekken is really hard to learn.I welcome fight lab with open arms and say that its the best tutorial tool ever in a fighting game

This is how you use a forum. Thank you for leading by example, hopefully the goon squad kids will learn from you.

Back on topic, you can't really get any more basic than that, that's the problem. If you need a tutorial to understand how to throw a punch, there is not much hope in enjoying a fighting game. I don't see why Namco would cater to people who aren't fans of fighting games, or are first time fighters....doesn't make much sense to me. I think a loading screen with instructions could accomplish the same thing, practice mode anyone?

There are also too many achievements for fight lab. It's like having the guitar hero tutorials worth 100g...overkill...yea...it may benefit some beginner players...but why make the majority of your fan base suffer for a few nooobs.....

oh boy all these complete idiots here ^ (ok just 1)

Because someone has an opinion you don't agree with doesn't mean they are a whining baby. You first need to study the english language, after that find some common sense, finally, you can practice what you have learned and use it in this forum.

Can you learn to disagree without insulting people?

:uzi: :eek:

i can disagree but i also can tell the difference between a opinion and just plain rage that the game needs practice and can´t be learned in 1 day.

welcome to fighting games.

Edited by CoregBlue1

This is how you use a forum. Thank you for leading by example, hopefully the goon squad kids will learn from you.

Back on topic, you can't really get any more basic than that, that's the problem. If you need a tutorial to understand how to throw a punch, there is not much hope in enjoying a fighting game. I don't see why Namco would cater to people who aren't fans of fighting games, or are first time fighters....doesn't make much sense to me. I think a loading screen with instructions could accomplish the same thing, practice mode anyone?

There are also too many achievements for fight lab. It's like having the guitar hero tutorials worth 100g...overkill...yea...it may benefit some beginner players...but why make the majority of your fan base suffer for a few nooobs.....

A lot of the tutorial was stupid, but i've played tekken a lot since it first came out, but i've never played the tag games. A walkthrough of the mechanics is exactly what I needed.

It's just a tutorial for those who don't know how to play. It's really not worth getting upset about. It doesn't detract from the game, nor has it "replaced" story mode. Story mode is simply absent from the game.

Personally i'm LOVING this game.

There is whole world of difference if you compare reading stuff from forums and the game teaching you.Sure I can read from forums how tag stuff works,but I still dont know how it really works till I hit the practice mode.People like you are the reason why I sometimes hate fighting game comunity

''Hur dur,this is stupid.New players should learn to game like I did''

Let me start with saying, IN MY OPINION, so the fanboys don't do a detailed breakdown of my post word for word, that shit is annoying, please stop it.

IN MY OPINION this is the worst Tekken game I have ever played. I love Tekken, and it is still by far the best fighting franchise. This game is even better than some other fighting games to come out recently, but as far as Tekken goes, TTT2 is in a very secure 1st place for SHIT.

All the reasons stated above for not liking this game are valid, but what the hell is up with fight lab? That shit has got to be the stupidest extra in any fighting game ever. On top of the fact that it is stupid pointless filler b.s. that probably took about 5 minutes to code while drunk and on hallucinogenics, it replaced story mode, which I thought was a damn good idea, and implemented very well.

I am so disappointed with this heap that I don't even want to play it for the achievements, and that says a lot coming from someone who played King Kong for the 1000g.

Not trying to be completely negative, although warranted, I did like the Tekken Tunes feature. I have been waiting for something like this since GTA:SA on the original xbox. Credit where it is due.

In summary, you might want to rent this before you drop the $60 (or whatever you spend), if you already own Tekken 6 and just want the achievements for this game, definitely a rent.

I agree Tekken 1 is like 10 times better, Tekken 6 about 20 times better.

This game should not have a story mode. It has nothing to do with the numbered titles in the franchise and never did nor should it start now. Its just a dream match setting like some of the KOF editions (eg. 98/2002) and will more than likely (if there is a 3rd later) will never, ever be more than that.

As for the A.I. argument, i agree. It is silly hard in some cases for the most part and isn't helped by the fact that the arcade teams are in fact Ghosts when they should just be a separate default A.I. similar in vein to TEKKEN 6, it would have made so much more sense this way but for me personally, i am glad its this hard because the CPU now employs tricks i enjoy learning to counter and i thoroughly enjoy smashing the s*** out of it because its taking me lightly. But thats ok for me because its not a new thing (nor do i find Unknown/Jun that hard either compared to countless other bosses long before SFIV's time.. oh hi Johann).

But what i think is wrong with this game is that it was marketed with the sense that "anyone" could play it when in reality its not the absolute truth. This game is absolutely ruthless in its learning curve, now i'm not going to say its only for the hardcore etc. because i believe that anyone can play any game they choose to but only excel in it when they find a reason to since theres a lot of simple elements to grasp but at the same time there is a very large amount of complex things to grasp and if your a casual gamer, the difference in scope where this is concerned will make or break someones perception of the game in general. TEKKEN is easy to get into IMO but very difficult to become relatively proficient at until you really start breaking things down which is kind of the case for most games.

As for Fight Lab, i don't hate it, i love it yet it teaches me absolutely nothing that i did not already know but offered me something unique in the form of my own Combot. And to be fair, it's only really there to scratch the surface of the fighting system just like that tiny demo you used to get on KOF98 when you press start for the first time, everything else you'll need is pretty much available on the internet these days and available to everyone who wants to take it further.

Now i'm not bashing on CHiLLiON but his opinion seems more akin to a person who bought TTT2 expecting what i'm sure he would have actually gotten if the game was called TEKKEN 7 and because of that, he's got every right to be sorely disappointed. But for me (and i don't think i'm alone either) i got exactly what i wanted and expected out of the box except for a flawed customization mode.

My thoughts on the game so far:

+ A lot of cool characters.

+ Love the overall Tekken game and fight mechanics.

+ Character customization.

+ The netcode is great, always lag free when I play someone with 4+ bars.

+ The game has a deep learning curve.

+ Great soundtracks and stages. (Although they're not on the same level as Guile's Theme or the classic SF stages.)

Now what I don't like:

- Not a lot of game modes that are worth playing besides Arcade Mode.

- The fact that you can equip weapons and actually use them in battle.

- If the host quits a lobby, everyone is returned to the online menu.

- After you're done customizing, it's a pain in the ass to take a great picture. There should have been some preset poses and backgrounds.

- The Fight Lab mode is seriously lacking! It doesn't teach you about all the game mechanics like Parry, Rage, Specific Tag Throws and bringing in your tag partners instantly when you're on the ground. Wish they weren't so busy mocking Capcom instead of making a great tutorial.

- No Trials/Challenge mode like in every other fighting game these days. That mode always gives you a good impression on how a certain character plays and which moves should be used at what time. Staring at a 100+ command list isn't gonna get you far if you don't know which moves can be combo'd into each other.

- Hate the whole wall combo/pressure nonsense, it's game over when it happens. Also don't know why they made it so that some stages do have walls and breakable floors and some don't. How can this be played competitively if random factors like that greatly influence the match.

Edited by M1 Punk

I think the game is brilliant. So much effort has been put into the characters and fight system, it runs great!

I admit, it's not good for newbies who want a quick game, this is serious tournament level gaming. I love learning stuff like this though.

Some of the stages are just breathtaking. The spanish one with La Sagrada Familia in the background is amazing. The Paris stage too, wow.

i actually think its terrible. there are to many noobs online that just spam the same move and actually win and even if you quit out cos of there spamming you get the loss, plus Alisa, Asuka, Jun, Lili, Leo and eddy christie and tiger are the most used NOOB characters - plus its unfair that we dont get to see who we are fighting and end up going up against a ultimate noob who will keep you up in the air and block like a mofo, its the worst tekken game yet - if the people who made Soul Calibur actually helped with the online well they have made it terrible - i dont see why they dont make it like trhe SC5 or Naruto Ninja Storm online - where you get to see who your fighting and can think about denying or accepting them - they need to sort it out - i love tekken n grew up with it, played every one but this one has really dissapoint me.

i actually think its terrible. there are to many noobs online that just spam the same move and actually win and even if you quit out cos of there spamming you get the loss, plus Alisa, Asuka, Jun, Lili, Leo and eddy christie and tiger are the most used NOOB characters - plus its unfair that we dont get to see who we are fighting and end up going up against a ultimate noob who will keep you up in the air and block like a mofo, its the worst tekken game yet - if the people who made Soul Calibur actually helped with the online well they have made it terrible - i dont see why they dont make it like trhe SC5 or Naruto Ninja Storm online - where you get to see who your fighting and can think about denying or accepting them - they need to sort it out - i love tekken n grew up with it, played every one but this one has really dissapoint me.

I'm sorry.All I heard was ''waah waaah,I keep losing to spam since I'm too stupid to learn how to counter/punish.waah waah Its games fault that I suck''

And you also claim that you have played every Tekken and you say that is worse than Tekken fucking 4?

Also guess what.I spam moves too if my opponent is too stupid to do anything about it.

Edited by JamesSlips

I think the game is brilliant. So much effort has been put into the characters and fight system, it runs great!

I admit, it's not good for newbies who want a quick game, this is serious tournament level gaming. I love learning stuff like this though.

Some of the stages are just breathtaking. The spanish one with La Sagrada Familia in the background is amazing. The Paris stage too, wow.

This sums it up for me, I went into the game expecting a standard Tekken experience, not a bad thing as Tekken is my fave fighter, but the Graphics are stunning in my opinion, sounds perfect for the series, some of the CGI sequences are a little Low Quality in areas, but still have their charm, the mechanics are perfect as always, tons of fighters, fight lab is pretty neat, online is addictive even if you suck you can still level up which is fantastic. Everyone always hated on the Tekken 3rd person action levels from previous games, and I was never a fan, but have to admit I kinda miss them lol.

The whole tag feature works so much better than Capcoms efforts. The achievements are fair, and more or less everyone can attain 1000/1000. I don't feel like playing is a chore like I did SF4, it disguises the achievements with a fun experience, kinda like the Soul Caliburs did for me.

Well, I kinda stopped playing this game... :/

Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty good but I don't feel like investing a lot of time into it unlike with other fighting games. I even played some UMvC3 today because I get so hyped by watching a live fighting game tournament stream.

I'll probably get back into it sooner or later.

Mostly good stuff to say that isn't controller related. The first TTT was super slow in comparison to Tekken 3, but this maintains the pace of the last Tekken game I played (5).

Amazing graphics, great stages, decent to fantastic music for the most part.

Like how the last 3 stages of Arcade Mode blend into each other with the Trap door > flashing light > transition from Jun to Unknown.

Most of my complaints are the same as M1 Punk, with the tutorials not mentioned ALL the details and camera for the customization slots sucking.

Don't like how you're not told your own ping in the online lobbies. My internet goes yo-yo sometimes so it'd be best to know if it's one of those time and save everyone else in the lobby the trouble.

the Tag Assaults are an awkward addition but I think that's something I'd get used to given time.

• 2 weeks later...
Fuck this game up its ass with a rusty pipe.

Here is why I royally hate this game and regret buying it:

A) If you select a character that you don't want to use, you cannot unselect them. So if you have to continue and you accidentally choose the wrong character, you either have to play with the character you didn't want or go back to the main menu forsaking all the progress you made.

B) Jun Kazama is an extremely overpowered juggle whore ON EASY!

C) Its called TAG Tournament yet even if you have TWO characters, only one needs to get K.O.ed to lose. Why allow a person to use two characters when only one of them needs to get K.O.ed?

And if you need me to elaborate any more, it pissed me off so much that I started playing Call of Duty instead. That's right, I'd rather play Modern Ragefare 3 than Tekken Fag Tournament 2.

You're the kind of person who sends an angry message when you lose, blaming the game rather than picking yourself up and learning from your mistakes. The Tekken community is better off without people like you, so just close the door on the way out, terrible draft.

• 2 months later...