Achievement Discussion

Spartan

You have to get all the chaos emeralds (7). Then collect 50 rings in a stage and jump.

When you jump you'll transform into Super Sonic. The rings will then count down (approximately 1 per second) when they reach zero you'll turn back into regular sonic.

edit: Here's my method for getting all the chaos emeralds easily.

Make sure you're playing as Sonic only as Tails makes this stupidly difficult.

Enter into a Special Stage (collect 50 rings, pass a check point, jump into the spinning stars).

Pause the Game and save in slot 1.

Go through the first part of the special stage collecting rings.

When you pass the marker and get the "Cool" message pause and save in the second slot.

Go through the second part part collecting rings.

When you pass the second marker and get the "Cool" message pause and save in the third slot.

Finish the 3rd part collecting rings and get the chaos emerald at the end.

The reason for saving each part on a different slot is that you can go back to the previous parts if you're struggling to get the later quota of rings.

The save anywhere feature really makes this game stupidly easy.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i have a quick question.

if i wanna get the under 1 hour achievement, and save and load a game, will this prevent me from getting it??

if not, it would be kinda easy.

i think however it will, cause the time would be messed up. any hint on that? :)

• 3 months later...

I just tried to get the achievement for beating the game in under an hour. By my count, I finished in about 48 minutes, but the achievement didn't unlock. Do you have to do it all in one save file? I alternated between the three available ones. I just don't want to go through it again without some idea of why it didn't work in the first place. Thanks so much for any advice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a question about the Xbox Live racer achievement

If i were to boost this with someone, couldn't I just get the guy to disconnect after starting the match and I get the win?

The idea that I'd have to go through all of those levels and zones just for the one win would drive me nuts.

Would getting your opposition disconnected count for the win and towards the achievement?

Plus, I just clarification with the achievement itself.

Is a win, when you beat someone on the ONE level, or 3/4 for all 4 levels? I'm a bit confused about the explanation in the achievement guide.

One more question.

I'm trying to go for all the Chaos Emeralds, Win and Fast Win (complete game in under one hour achievement) all in one playthrough. If I were to use/abuse save option, would this be possible?

It's just that the youtube speed-runs show players clocking the game in under 20-25 minutes and in theory, this is possible.

Has anyone managed to do all this in one go?

EDIT - Never mind, I didn't pull it off in one playthrough, but I clocked it next time around. It took me 40 minutes or so.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was reading the x360a guide, and it mentioned that there were three special stage entry points in each of the first two acts. There are 3 in EH act1, but 5 in act2, so you could actually have all 7 before chemical plant, if you plot your course, take your time, and are good enough. I stumbled onto a site that has great maps for all the levels. Before everyone yells at me for talking about another site, let me first say that I'm not saying that the site I'm linking to is better, it just has different information. It was helpful to me, and I'm passing that information on to anyone else that may want to make use of it. The site is soniczone0.com, and they have loads of info for both Sonic 1 and 2 (no 3 or S&K, but those aren't on XBLA yet anyway)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...