Shocking - man stabbed for his copy

Lavindathar

the guy wasnt mugged outside a game store, press love to make it sound like he was targeted for his copy of g.t.a , fact is he was just mugged and happened to have just picked up his copy.If he didnt have g.t.a he still would have been mugged , but as others are saying we just wouldn't have heard about it.Wanker press just making headlines. Hope he's ok.

I know it's horrific and all but don't newspapers and the media realise that it's more free advertising for the game and enticing more people to play it.

The same happened with Manhunt (I hadn't really heard of it until the murder of a 17 year old in England).

Rockstar/DMA once paid PR spinster Max Clifford to put articles in the media regarding the controversial violence and the like as a way of more advertising.

Well, at least they can't blame the game's content as neither of them had played it yet.

The fact he had the game is important, but not for the reason the media are giving. As a few people have said, the mugger would have mugged him regardless, whatever he had on him. That being said, if he hadn't gone to a midnight release, he wouldn't have been mugged at 1:30am and so the mugging of some other poor sod wouldn't have made the news.

This is so sensationalist. It happened way after midnight so he was clearly hanging around rather than heading home. I queued up in South east london at a random tesco express and the queue was full of gangsters smoking weed and talking about robbing the store for all the copies but unless your doing something silly then your not gonna get bricked for your copy of a game.