Arkham City reminds me of the Ghettos during The Holocaust

Shadow Austin 317

I just realized that the whole concept of the story is somewhat reminiscent of the Holocaust. Such as the political prisoners in the city and in the camps. Or protocol 10 and the Final Solution, Tiger Guards etc. This is my opinion and i just recently thought about it because i'm in a class solely on The Holocaust right now.

Post opinions, thoughts and comments. All are welcome to discuss

I just realized that the whole concept of the story is somewhat reminiscent of the Holocaust. Such as the political prisoners in the city and in the camps. Or protocol 10 and the Final Solution, Tiger Guards etc. This is my opinion and i just recently thought about it because i'm in a class solely on The Holocaust right now.

Post opinions, thoughts and comments. All are welcome to discuss

You sir are an idiot! You mention being in class so I'll assume your young and I'll chalk this thread down to being naive. Seriously, what part of your brain though thought that it would be a good idea to go onto a public forum and compare an important and harrowing event like the holocaust to a video game??? Any links are tenuous. Think before you post.

I just realized that the whole concept of the story is somewhat reminiscent of the Holocaust. Such as the political prisoners in the city and in the camps. Or protocol 10 and the Final Solution, Tiger Guards etc.

Are you for real!? The Holocaust was about mass murdering millions of innocent people (men, women children, the elderly) almost solely because of their religion, not about eliminating few hundred hardcore criminals.

Could this thread please be deleted?

Edited by STOMACHofSTEEL

Well contrary to the 2 posters below I do find a link to the Holocaust and the video game. The original poster was just coming up with an observation (that I do feel is correct) in saying that the political prisoners etc being like the Holocaust. It is not the worse thing in the world to suggest this. I dont understand why the 2 posters below took such offense to it. Yes the Holocaust was a horrible and despicable thing. But we must remember it and talk about it so that you may never forget.

Are you guys just as angry at the COD games for portraying the War and comparing it?

I think that is is reminiscent of any terrible regime that has happened. You can compare it to how prisoners are treated in African countries.

Well contrary to the 2 posters below I do find a link to the Holocaust and the video game. The original poster was just coming up with an observation (that I do feel is correct) in saying that the political prisoners etc being like the Holocaust. It is not the worse thing in the world to suggest this. I dont understand why the 2 posters below took such offense to it. Yes the Holocaust was a horrible and despicable thing. But we must remember it and talk about it so that you may never forget.

Are you guys just as angry at the COD games for portraying the War and comparing it?

I think that is is reminiscent of any terrible regime that has happened. You can compare it to how prisoners are treated in African countries.

What on earth are you and the OP going on about??? The political prisoners in arkham city are politicians getting mugged and beaten up by street thugs. Please tell me how that in any way compares to a race of people being persecuted in WWII with old people and woman and children being murdered on mass.

What the fuck are they teaching in schools these days. Sends shivers down my spine to think you two are the future of this planet.

Because political prisoners were never in concentration camps during the Holocaust?

I think that might be what the OP is referring to when he says he thinks its similar. He didn't say it was the same exact thing. Of course its different.

I would assume he would say that the guards throughout the game were reminiscent of the guards that would be guarding a concentration camp.

And then I would assume that you guys who are attacking myself and the OP will overreact and go crazy again.

I give up, I'm not over reacting to anything. I just read some dumb stupid thread on the Internet and cannot believe the level of stupidity that exists in this world. Like insaid in my first post any links between Arkham city and the holocaust are tenuous at best and their really is no firm basis for comparison.

Anyway you can't debate with stupidity so I'm out of here.

I must also disagree with the comparison. The Batman franchise is of itself; to portray corruption from the perspective of a hero who is gifted with resources to combat the insanity and the followers thereof.

The Holocaust, on the other hand, was a genocide. It was not only corruption, but also mass murder of innocent lives based off of prejudice. It was the rise and fall of an empire that had a primary goal of abolishing a set of human beings because they had different beliefs than those who oppressed them.

What on earth are you and the OP going on about??? The political prisoners in arkham city are politicians getting mugged and beaten up by street thugs. Please tell me how that in any way compares to a race of people being persecuted in WWII with old people and woman and children being murdered on mass.

What the fuck are they teaching in schools these days. Sends shivers down my spine to think you two are the future of this planet.

Agree. Specially about the fear that someday kids like this may rule the world.