treasure locations?

RPG Master

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the two items I needed. In ToD, I chose Fighter, chased monsters to the mountains and it was in the chest with the ogre. For the Ring of Invisibility, I chose thief and chose the raft path (vesuvia or something?) where the dragon chases you. I went along the bottom path the entire time, and when I came to land finally it was in one of the chests right there.

100% completion! WOOT!

Do you have to be an elf or magic user to have scrolls drop?

In Tower of Doom, you HAVE to be the Elf to get the arcane scrolls and the Cleric to get the divine scrolls. In Shadow of Mystara, I believe that scrolls drop if there is an elf, cleric or magic user in the party. I haven't seen any drop when I've been other characters. Also in SoM, scrolls can be picked up by anyone while in ToD you have to be the right character for the right scroll.

Where is the RING of protection from evil?

Also couple other questions....

Does starting equipment count?

How do you get bosses, to drop their item? Displacer Beast? Black Dragon? Is the Red Dragon always going to drop its horn?

Edited by texasgoldrush

You can steal the Ring of Protection from Evil from the green elf that is paired with Tel'Arin in 9-C. To get their you need a dwarf or the option doesn't appear.

For any of the items "dropped" by bosses, you will knock them lose from the boss before killing them. Using desperation attacks (A + B) seems to increase the chances of them appearing.

Hi

I;m missing these items only :

Hand Axe Level 1

Battle Axe

Magic Scroll Level 8 (I assume its a random drop)

Where I can find them? and thanks in advance

EDIT: found magic scroll 8 in gateway as a random drop and got Hand Axe lvl 1 just like Silrath said by using Fighter

Edited by TooL LiSTNeR

Hand Axe level 1 can be found before the first boss. After the first area and at the start of the second where you'll fight the boss, look for a gap in the fences and press up to walk into a house in the background. In there you'll find chests with a level 1 hand axe or level 1 short sword depending upon the character you have.

Man you guys are good treasure hunters, I'm missing a BUNCH:

Dragon Shield

Skin of the Manticore

Horn of the Dragon

Dragon Slayer

Staff of Magical Power

Scroll Level 8

And I'm also missing from Tower of Doom:

(the very elusive?) Earring (found it)

Any help is appreciated, hope someone makes a treasure guide at some point, it would be very helpful. And a challenge guide too (although I've finished all those now). No level 20 cheevo glitch for me, thank goodness.

Update: found the earring, you have to play as the fighter, first choice in the game go to the mountains, it's in a chest during the ogre battle. ToD DONE! Now to finish up what I'm missing in SOM :)

Edited by GlassVial

For the kids that still missing alot of treasures check out this dope ass in depth Treasure Guide for SOM.

http://www.ign.com/faqs/2005/dungeons-dragons-collection-general-faq-634765

here's another link that lists all the items the Thief can steal off enemies.

http://jonc101.tripod.com/SOM/chars/thief.htm

Thanks for the guides, they helped knock about 5 more things off my list. The terminology in those guides vs. this game is slightly different though, and some things aren't even mentioned in those guides at all (such as scroll level 8)

Read back through the thread, a lot of the items you asked about have already been answered here.

Uhh, no. Here's my leftover list:

Dragon Shield

Skin of the Manticore

Horn of the Dragon

Dragon Slayer

Staff of Magical Power

Scroll Level 8

The only one on my list that was mentioned was the level 8 scroll, which was mentioned as a random drop (boo!). I understand the Horn of the Dragon MIGHT drop from fighting flamewing. Well, I've done that annoying fight about 5 times now (fortunately it's quick to get to) and not a once has it dropped.

I am getting desperate here. How the eff are you supposed to get the Shield of Protection from Evil? I have spent at least 10 min trying to get through the ice pillars, but no dice.

The hit detection is absolute bullshit- I teleport through them with the MU, appear in the middle of the area away from all pillars and... voila, I get frozen and kicked out again...

Uhh, no. Here's my leftover list:

Dragon Shield - trade dragon scales for this

Skin of the Manticore - dropped by the manticore

Horn of the Dragon - dropped by the red dragon

Dragon Slayer - trade dragon horn for this

Staff of Magical Power - cleric trades dragon horn for this iirc

Scroll Level 8

for the 4 items dropped by the bosses, i had the best results using the elf (she also trades for the right items) spamming her A+B attack.

for the 4 items dropped by the bosses, i had the best results using the elf (she also trades for the right items) spamming her A+B attack.

Yup, just got done with another play-through and got very lucky, now I only need:

Skin of the Manticore

Scroll Level 8

Played the last level several times with M.User and Elf, that level 8 scroll simply does NOT want to drop!

Edit: scratch that, found the staff of magical power, finally!

Guess I'll keep plugging away, I'm happy to have whittled the list down this far.

Edited by GlassVial

I am getting desperate here. How the eff are you supposed to get the Shield of Protection from Evil? I have spent at least 10 min trying to get through the ice pillars, but no dice.

The hit detection is absolute bullshit- I teleport through them with the MU, appear in the middle of the area away from all pillars and... voila, I get frozen and kicked out again...

Dwarf cannonball should do it.

How? Doesn't the Cannonball just land you in the same spot you jumped on again? I tried it with the Teleport, and it is easy to land above the chest- however, I can't use it from there. And trying to land below the chest always insta-freezes me -.-

You need to move slower then, maybe try crouching movement, you have very little margin for error in that tight space, but I've gotten that shield before. Really wish there was a ring of COLD protection like there is one for fire.

BTW, this game is SUPER STINGY when it comes to dropping that level 8 scroll, I've played through the last level 3 times in a row with the elf, killed every gargoyle, lots of level 2/3/4/5 drops, NO level 8 scroll drop. VERY annoying! And it's the last one I need, too.

How? Doesn't the Cannonball just land you in the same spot you jumped on again? I tried it with the Teleport, and it is easy to land above the chest- however, I can't use it from there. And trying to land below the chest always insta-freezes me -.-

Once I was able to land by the chest, I actually picked it up and threw it out of the flames