Artifact Locations Guide

Once again, work in progress. I will not take anyone's artifact locations and put them in the guide until I confirm the location myself. Please feel free to edit something I have messed up on.

After I have completed a campaign and you know I have missed an artifact, let me know, just not while I am slowly editing that region.

I will list the region, the name of the artifact, the artifact's power, and then the exact location.

Irollan: 10 artifacts

Leaf Plate:

--Boosts Hero’s HP by 25%

--In the treasure chest next to the Hunter’s Lodge

Deer Antlers:

--Deer jump over ALL enemy walls.

--In a treasure chest in the cave a few steps away from the bounty Skullbrow, defended by a demon.

Golden Roots:

--Wall units respawn with 1 HP after they are destroyed

--In the mossy tree cave thing beneath the hunter’s lodge behind the demon you must defeat to continue the story. After you beat him just hit :abut:.

Elder Staff:

--Increase the Druid ability by 1 for each formation linked with that Druid

--In the Druid tree. After you battle the two men cutting the tree down with a saw, go right, battle the soldier for the treasure. It is in the chest.

Doubling Cape:

--Increases Fusion attack Power by 50%

--After killing Sir Sartan (??) and saving the Druid leader, two chests appear, it is in the chest on the right.

Treant Sap:

--Treant roots leech double the amount of HP from the enemy hero every turn

--Complete the 2 puzzle battles that Nelir gives you and you will get this as a reward

Boost Boots:

--Attack formations gain PWR bonus for every row traveled across enemy’s field

--Defeat the bounty Culthithon, a treasure chest appears. It is in the chest.

Vine Gloves:

--Causes walls to regenerate twice as fast

--Beat both of the ranger’s battle puzzles and you will receive this as a reward

Dragon Scales:

--The Acid Dragon Goo lasts for an additional turn.

--After you beat Varkas in battle, go to your right and there is a soldier who will battle you. Beat him and you will gain access to the treasure chest behind him.

Ring of Life:

--Revive after death once per battle and regenerate 2% of your Max HP every turn after revival

--When you cross the river to go to the demon camp and have to push the logs into the river (2nd from right, 1st on right, 2nd from left, 1st on left). It is in the treasure chest on the island on the right.

Holy Griffin Empire: 10 artifacts

Phoenix Feather:

--Revive after death once per battle, with 25% HP

--Right after the first battle you come to an area with patrolling guards. Once you reach the top left corner the guards will leave and you can go back down to the chest in the lower left corner.

Lion’s Mane:

--Fused attacks receive additional 50% of PWR

--After evading the first set of guards you will have to fight a soldier in the way of you going anywhere. After you defeat him you will have some archers approach you from the right and join you. When this happens go to the right a few steps and into the cave. The artifact is in a chest on the far right, one step past Valdo.

Golden Spear:

--The Spearman’s First Strike ability is also applied to wall units

--Beat both of Rolly the barkeep’s puzzles

Knight’s Armor:

--Knight formations start charging at full PWR

--Right at the beginning of the campaign you see a chest on your right just as you arrive, you cannot get this chest until you talk to your aunt. To get it from there go down through the alleys you evaded cops in and go all the way to the right, or go to the arena entrance and go straight down 3 steps then right 1.

Holy Blade:

--20% chance of any of your attack formations dealing a critical hit

--Next to the Sword Master buying station, which is in the passage that you have to beat Randy to get into. Randy is in the area to the right of the arena in the upper right corner

Staff of Elrath:

--While charging, the Priestess will hurt the enemy rather than heal the hero

--Beat both of Sir Roderick’s puzzles

King’s Crown:

-- Calling for Reinforcements does not cost a turn

-- Given to you by the king when you visit him in his palace. Story related and cannot be missed

Blessed Wing:

--The Angel heals all charging attack formations back to full PWR instead of incrementally

--Once you beat Count Carlyle’s “playthings” you will charge him and he will disappear. This is in the chest he was in front of.

Feathered Helm:

--Reduces the charge time of the Griffin by 1 turn

--Beat the arena side quest first battle (after you talk to the King, go to the arena again)

Crown of Elrath:

--Hero’s Spell Meter refills 2x faster

--Beat the arena side quest (all 3 battles). After you corner talk to the King, head to the arena and win all 3 battles.

Heresh: 10 artifacts

Plague Rat:

--Doubles the effectiveness of the Zombies Plague Bite

--Inside the cave where Bug Eye Magurk is. Go down and left from the first bounty giver until you hit a cave, he is inside the cave straight ahead. The treasure chest with this artifact in it is in the lower right corner of the cave.

Cursed Shield:

--Reduces the strength of enemy walls by 50%

--After you save Markan, a chest appears, it is in the chest

Blood of the One:

--Increases the power of the Vampire’s Blood Drain attack by 25%

--Beat the 1st puzzle Sir Reginald gives you

Ritual Dagger:

--Deleting an idle core unit will delete a random enemy core unit in the opposite column

--Solve Dusty’s riddle in the catacombs below and to the right of the bounty giver. Once inside go up and talk to a skeleton and answer his riddle. HINT: look at the signs on the walls around the area and listen closely to Dusty’s riddle.

Blood Ring:

--Defeating idle enemy units replenishes the Hero’s MP

--Defeat Farnir Greenvine, who is in front of the second creepy building you go into

Spider Cloak:

--Reduces the Hero’s max HP by 75%, but increase power of all attack formations by 75%

--Defeat Sir Skeleton.

Crown of Thorns:

--Enemy Hero loses 2 HP every turn

--Defeat Kozmo

Twilight Urn:

--Increases the power of walls created by fallen idle units by 100%

--story related and cannot be missed

Talon’s Talon:

--Bone Dragon’s absorb 2x the Toughness of idle units it kills

Book of the Dead:

--Revive after death once per battle after absorbing the power of all idle units on the battlefield

--After you beat Sir Skeleton, talk to him and he will say something about treaure and the phrase “X marks the spot”. Look for a natural formation of an X in the road shape, but if you go to your map it will show you exactly where. HINT: Move 3 steps to the left of Sir Skeleton and hit :abut:.

Edited by Dcon6393

Sheogh: 10 artifacts

Thorn Whip:

--Nightmares reach their maximum power when they are launched in unison with other nightmares

--Beat Dillion’s 1st battle puzzle

Magma Shard:

--Abyssal Lord receives 100% of the power from fallen formations

--beat Dillion’s 2nd puzzle

Rage Shield:

--Flame damage is applied to enemy formations for an additional row

--In the cave to the left of the Screaming Hag Inn, in the bottom left corner of the cave

Burning Horn

--The Succubus receives 25% boost to her attack power

--In the upper left corner of the Screaming Hag Inn

Celerity Ring:

--Adds 1 extra move per turn

--Defeat Talnir. Shows up to the right of the Screaming Hag Inn after you win your story battle there.

Pit Master’s Tail:

--Reduce the charge time of Pit Fiends by 1 turn

--From the Screaming Hag Inn go up and follow the path. Right past the Pit Fiend buying station there is a path on your right with a chest. It is in the chest.

Volcano Armor:

--Burn Damage is applied to enemy units that pass through your charging formations

--Defeat Moody and Gut. North of the Screaming Hag Inn, right past the Pit Fiend buying station

Crippling Flail:

--Reduces the starting charge power of enemy formations

--Behind the bounty , in the sorcerer buying station cave. Go north of the Screaming Hag Inn, go all the way up the path, across the bridge, down, battle the demon to get into the cave. Artifact in top right corner

Revive Flame:

--Upon hero death, revive hero once per battle with 5 HP and launch all attack formations with full power

--Follow the trial to the East of the Screaming Hag Inn until you cross the first bridge. This artifact is in the chest on your left.

Chaos Crown:

--Receive and HP bonus instead of an MP bonus when chains are created

--Defeat the bounty giver after you complete all the bounties for him

Academy: 10 Artifacts

Gauntlet:

--Allows you to grab and place walls anywhere on the field

Absorb Circlet:

--Receive Magic from deleting a wall, equal to strength of the wall defense

--story related, cannot be missed

Mana Shield:

--Enemy attacks reduce the magic in the spell meter before affecting HP

--After you open the gate at the beginning, turn back around and go right and up to find a chest. This artifact is in the chest.

Djinn’s Sash:

--Frozen enemy units will shatter when struck by a Djinn attack

--Story related and cannot be missed

Golden Fist:

--Titan’s shockwave completely destroys enemy walls

--As you fight your way up the tower, in the second section there is a chest behind the 2 person you fight, it is in the chest

Battle Wand:

--Begin every battle with full magic

--Right before getting to the top of the tower someone pops up and sends an enemy your way that gets you Rakshasas. After this battle I went down the tower and found this in the middle, 2 steps to the right of a side quest battle.

Binding Orb:

--Increase Link bonus by 50%

--Follow the instructions for Battle Wand, except you have to defeat the guard 2 steps to the left of the Battle Wand Chest to earn this

Scimitar:

--Rakshasa sword spiral attack is not affected by idle enemy units

Transfrom Gem:

--Mages will fuse with any other Mage formation, regardless of the color of that formation

-- Defeat Guard 2: SPOILER: Right after you battle father as Aidan you will have a chance to save and whatever before the final boss battle. Once this happens head back from where you came to find this guard right past the cage with the prisoner that you have hopefully freed by now.

--Level 9

--Unit Levels: basic – 5/5/5 elite – 5 champion – 5

--HP: 90

Revival Ring:

--Revive after death once per battle with 5 HP and a full mana bar

--Defeat Guard 2: SPOILER: Right after you battle father as Aidan you will have a chance to save and whatever before the final boss battle. Once this happens head back from where you came to find this guard right past the cage with the prisoner that you have hopefully freed by now. Once you defeat his guard keep heading down the tower one more section to find this guard.

--Level 8

--Unit Levels: basic – 5/5/5 elite – 5

--HP: 80

Edited by Dcon6393

Thanks to GierMizer for pointing out the time when you can get the arena artifacts, my cousin Bryson for using the trial game to confirm the locations of the first 3 artifacts because I lost my word file. And thanks to the community of x360a for not being that impatient while I compiled all of this information haha.

Edited by Dcon6393

Hey there Dcon, thanks for making this it's really helpful! One minor detail is that you don't have to wait to corner Count Carlyle to get the last 2 artifacts on your HGE list, you can go to the arena and get them right after you talk to the King.

Hey there Dcon, thanks for making this it's really helpful! One minor detail is that you don't have to wait to corner Count Carlyle to get the last 2 artifacts on your HGE list, you can go to the arena and get them right after you talk to the King.

Really, well that is when I noticed the quest, I think it is easier to wait to do the arena the second time until really late, but I guess you could do it earlier.

when's this getting updated?

As I find them. I am with family this weekend, because of Easter, but I am getting around to the guide as much as I can. Will definitly edit in what I have when I can, probably Sunday night or Monday night, depends on what time I get home.

Edited by Dcon6393

Taking the artifact from Kozmo is a pain_in_the_arse_random_piece_of_you_know ; /

[EDIT]Well, I did it at my 2nd try - for those who have a problem with it - you have to link three attacks, so they will hit the bastard at once. I saved just before Kozmo and loaded the game till I was able to get three simultaneous attacks in the first turn.

Edited by El Bucz

Taking the artifact from Kozmo is a pain_in_the_arse_random_piece_of_you_know ; /

[EDIT]Well, I did it at my 2nd try - for those who have a problem with it - you have to link three attacks, so they will hit the bastard at once. I saved just before Kozmo and loaded the game till I was able to get three simultaneous attacks in the first turn.

ah, I now remember that one. Huge pain. I just set up elite units who would go off at the same time if I remember correctly. And a little bit of luck haha

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the guide, it's really good. But I cannot find Blessed Wings artifact anywhere. If I leave Holy Griffin Empire, then return later, can I still get it?

Thanks

Yes you can go back to previous campaigns, just use the left stick when looking at the continental map when you first load your save. Blessed Wings is in the far upper right section of the map I believe. If you have beaten that campaign it should still be there.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...