The Kindness of Strangers

Agent Mantis

After picking up a Special Crate yesterday, I thought this dude driving up was coming after me. I took a few pot shots but he just sat there honking. First his vehicle was locked and made me suspicious but it unlocked and he took me to my vehicle. I made $5000 off the crate and gave him 80% of it. I'm already sitting on a nice $350k

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was being griefed by 7 guys. Spawn kill over and over. Three tanks roll up and killed them all. Then they asked where I wanted to go, I said airfield. A Cargobob came in and and lifted me in my car to the airport.

Another time I was being harassed by two Vultures. A gut in a Lazer came and shot them down then he barrel rolled over me.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on my way back to my apartment after playing missions with my friends, and decided to make my trip shorter by borrowing a cargo bob from the airfield by the lake.

On my way back to the city I saw two guys in a pair of bulldozers trying to break into the Prison. So I decided to pick them up and drop them over the fences for them!

After watching the chaos ensue, and them dying, I picked them up and flew us all back to the city escaping the cops.

However, the chopper got quite messed up so I had to bail out over my apartment, unfortunately killing one of them in the process. They didn't even say thanks....

Sheesh, some people.....

Last night I joined a public session(which I never do) & someone gave me 5.5 million. I was baffled that someone would be so generous. Usually I'm surprised when you drive by a player and they don't shoot at you.

and how exactly did he give you money? that was taken out of the game...

I have no idea how or why someone would give away that much money. Not going to complain though, it help me finish my ideal garage.

*There is a option buried in one of the menus to give cash. Tried it once and it did not work(granted it was a month or 2 ago).

That;s what I was referring to, which was patched out of the game. Must be some sort of glitch that allows people to give you a vast amount of money.

I looked into it and it's not nice. There are mods and modded lobbies available that will work after the latest title update. (Massive) cash giving, god mode and aim bot where all listed in the features of the mod. There goes the neighbourhood :(

Hope not to bump into this sort of stuff too much over the Christmas period..

Me and my muddy buddy hit the armored truck spawnapalooza last night but it stopped after I ran out of stickies and AP pistol ammo and thought the GL would suffice...I was wrong :drunk

I felt bad for careening into my buddy twice just as he was about to pick up the cash too so I gave him 100% of the next two things I earned jobs on. think it was like a total of $20k? That and I had just enough to buy my Pegassi Vacca :p

Some of you may not believe this, but one day someone in a tank was nice to me. I had came around a corner and saw someone in a tank and froze in the street, but he didn't blow me up. I guess he was going after other people. Even ran into him again in the same session later on as we both came around the same corner.

I've offered my bounties to other's, but they usually don't reply, maybe thinking it's a trap? I've also offered help to lower levels, but they also don't reply or reply saying no thanks. I've had people come up to me honking their horn, but I don't know what for, I either point my gun giving a warning or they usually try to shoot me, but I always get em first. Never get in anyones car tho, beware of stranger danger.

Some of you may not believe this, but one day someone in a tank was nice to me. I had came around a corner and saw someone in a tank and froze in the street, but he didn't blow me up. I guess he was going after other people. Even ran into him again in the same session later on as we both came around the same corner.

I've offered my bounties to other's, but they usually don't reply, maybe thinking it's a trap? I've also offered help to lower levels, but they also don't reply or reply saying no thanks. I've had people come up to me honking their horn, but I don't know what for, I either point my gun giving a warning or they usually try to shoot me, but I always get em first. Never get in anyones car tho, beware of stranger danger.

I don't kill everyone.. ;)

^Because he knows that there is a chance of you being put in the cheater's pool by receiving the cash.

that doesn't work like that i'm afraid. i'm sure Rockstar can tell the difference between a hacker and a legit person that was given money from a hacker.

that doesn't work like that i'm afraid. i'm sure Rockstar can tell the difference between a hacker and a legit person that was given money from a hacker.

i heard that they just based it on someone having a ridiculous amount of money. Even if a legit person is given money, if they haven't reported it to rockstar and asked for the money to be removed from them, then they will be put in the cheater pool. Seems fair enough to me.

Speaking of which, I was asked by two people on the same session last night if I could mod them some money or set up a hacked server. Never had that before.

I have two friends that both received billions of dollars from hacker/modder. One of my friends got put in the cheaters pool (For 7 months she says!) and the other hasn't been effected.

sounds like your friend needs to call Rockstar support to resolve that issue.

Zero, none, everyone I have played with is a fucking douche nozzle. Even one of my friends came at me when I was trying to survive a bounty haha.

Actually I went to play tennis to work on my aces platinum and figured it couldn't do any harm to try a 5 set game for the other 2 medals. The random who joined stuck with it even though I won the first 2 sets 6-0 and I was up 5-0 in the third. I was sure he would quit. That guy was my hero.

I wish someone would finish a tennis match with me! At least 5 times people have joined my game, played one game, and left! I need someone to finish a game so I can get an achievement! ARRRGGH!