Very Easy Way To Get To 1 Million Points

XBOX ISAAC82

Ok, I really don't understand why everyone is saying do the last missions for extra points. It is all about the multipliers, i.e. blow the fuck out of as many vehicles as possible. I completed the game on hard and finished on about 775,000 points. I found re-doing the car missions was netting me about 30k for each one. This involved getting the car back to the garage as quick as possible and then going round blowing up fuel tanks. That was good but then I thought about the first few missions and how much time you had left to get to the save zone once you had done the initial objective.

Over 800K in one mission

This is what I did. Go to the "Lost in Transit" mission which I believe is the first mission that you start on after your out of jail. If you cannot remember where that it is, it is in the bottom right hand corner of the map in Oyster Bay near the docks (see map below). Start it up and do the initial objective as quick as possible, trying to get head shots if you can. Now drive back to near the save zone but drive past until your in an area with plenty of cars which should be no more then a block or two away. Now make your way down the street with the shotgun blowing up fuel tanks, but making sure you never directly aim at a person or especially a police officer or police car in case you shoot them by accident. This will ensure your wanted level never goes above 2 stars which means the police will not shoot at you and just continue to follow you down the street. You need to ensure you string these explosions together so knowing where the fuels tanks are on certain vehicles is a must. Also if your half way up a street and there are no more cars left either turn back on yourself or leave the last car until you are well past it which will mean your multiplier bar will last that bit longer (see diagram below). I got up to 85+ multiplier before I saved and I still had quarter of the clock left. My final score was 882,150 for a single mission and put me into second highest score for that mission. Check my score of the Leaderboard if you like.

Note: Make sure you are fully loaded on as many weapons as possible. Go to gun shop and/or Harry's Army and Navy first if you don't have much ammo.

Where to do it....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7402351/Mafia%20II%20Map%20Guide.JPG

Little diagram below should help.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7402351/Mafia%202.png

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

Wow nice work man. I have tried this many times and can't even seem close to get to that. I only need about 225K to get to 1Million. Thought this would be an easy way. I keep running out of multipliers. Seems as if there aren't enough cars around. I'm using the street that runs directly up and down by the safe zone and under the underpass where there tends to be more cars. Did you use a different street? Since you have done it, how many multipliers would I need to be real close to the 225k? Thanks for the help.

Wow nice work man. I have tried this many times and can't even seem close to get to that. I only need about 225K to get to 1Million. Thought this would be an easy way. I keep running out of multipliers. Seems as if there aren't enough cars around. I'm using the street that runs directly up and down by the safe zone and under the underpass where there tends to be more cars. Did you use a different street? Since you have done it, how many multipliers would I need to be real close to the 225k? Thanks for the help.

If you got 35-40 that should definately do it. See below of exactly where I done it. In terms of losing the multiplier you need to try and space out each explosion giving you more time between getting to the next car. I also got quite good as shooting moving vehicles. The shotgun is really the only effective way of doing that.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7402351/Mafia%20II%20Map%20Guide.JPG

Hard is better for get more point!!! i am 500 000 and like 50% of the game

Done it on hard. The 100% bonus you get really helps. Hard is really not that difficult anyway. Only mission I had to retry a few times was killing the Don at the docks. Then I realised I could drive a car into the docks and done it straight away. Also if you struggling on some of other later missions, remember to use grenades and take it slow. If your gonna use my method you really don't have to worry about the multipliers especially on the later missions.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You really got to make sure your planning your route as you go, i.e. look for the route which has the most cars along it and always leave the multiplier to tick down some before you go for the next car (see diagram below). This gives it more time for cars to respawn down the streets and around corners. I have done it twice just running round one block with fresh vehicles spawning every time.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7402351/Mafia%202.png

Someone asked for a diagram as they didn't fully understand my guide so I am posting it here as well as it may help some others.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to reply to this to say that this was by far the best help I've had on an acheivement from an online forum.

I played thru on Hard using this method, never replaying any of the missions or even trying to get high scores. No trying for headshots or anything either, just trying to get kills on the multiplier when possible. I stopped near the halfway mark on time on each mission, which was normally about the time I would accidentally shoot at a cop and have to run to the end to save the score.

I ended up at the top 20 on a few missions (10 on one mission), and am around top 20 in the world on score, and I havent even finished the final Big Boss mission. The Millionaire achievement unlocked around 60% of the way thru the game with this method for me, right on the money.

Considering I have a dozen missions I could add 100k per mission on, this achievement is ridiculously easy to obtain using this method. The only trick is learning where the gas tanks are, and knowing how to lure the cops near cars to kill them to get them off your back.

But either way, this acheivement shouldnt be hard anyways. I had 450k on Easy with just speeding thru the game, trying to get it finished to get the finishing achievement.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...