No additional Battlefield 1943 content currently in development

SLAIFER

Sad news from the front, soldiers. DICE is not currently working on any new Battlefield 1943 maps or content for the downloadable hit, which has now drafted over a million players. Speaking with Joystiq, DICE Producer Gordon Van Dyke said the company is definitely working on the game's squad-swapping bug -- he believes it's a server-side fix that will hopefully be resolved soon -- but that all the effort at the moment is being put behind getting Battlefield: Bad Company 2 out the door.

"We need to figure out what's the best thing for the community. What's the best thing for the franchise?" Van Dyke told us about why the online hit isn't getting further development attention. He currently has "no idea" about when the company will get to work on more content for Battlefield 1943. That certainly calls for a sad face emoticon, don't you think? :(

How do they make all sorts of DLC for unpopular games that no one buys but give them a number one hit game and they say they don't plan on making any DLC for it.

Clearly BF is a hit - makes some maps...

I didn't think I'd get tired of the 4 maps but I haven't even played the game since batman came out - and next week its NHL 09...

"Today at GamesCom in Germany, the Battlefield team announced that Battlefield 1943 has been downloaded over 1,000,000 times! They've also posted the newest trailer on the Battlefield Blog (http://www.battlefield.com) and news about an exclusive pre-order item!..."

So at $15/download or close to $20 in Canadian currency, they made 15-20 million on this game.... isn't another few million worth a new map or two. I'm confused....

I guess I'm one of the only people who don't really care that there is no DLC in the workings...

It isn't like I didn't like the game or anything because the game is really amazing for an arcade title and it is a lot of fun. But, I only play it every once in awhile, just to keep its gameplay interesting. I definitely wouldn't pay for any extra content and I'm happy with what the game has to offer as of now.

So yea, no sad face emoticon for me.

:Bounce:

• 2 weeks later...