General Impressions

Merch

I don't think the fact that the maps are too big for consoles matters if you play Rush, things are at a change here and moving throughout each part of the map is so much better. I always play Conquest but not feeling it on these maps. I also find myself not getting into the Gunship even when it's available because I just can't be fucked.

First impression was BAD!

This game sucks without a squad/friends.

Played TS. Fucking randoms just hopping in tanks, alone, driving to the outside of the objective, then bailing out and leaving the the tank sit. IDK how we won the second game, honestly.

Got my achievement and bailed.

Switched to Rush. The gunship is a joke. My team was actually taking that POS down. No one pushing objective. I spawned into the game to go disarm B while 3 teammates just stood around the building watching it almost explode.

My main complaint in this game was spawn camping. Guy spawn camped us for the last half of the match. Took my tags twice (got his once), and I watched him take 3 other players in my killcams.

I think my major problem was randoms. Most just running around chaotic like and going nowhere. When will people learn BF is a TEAM based game.

Plan on playing again Friday evening. Get some of that double XP. I'll try and squad up with some of you here if your on. No more lone wolf in AK.

Unfortunately, gorgeous looks don't = fun play. No bueno.

True, and as much as I like the birds flying around, at a distance when you can't see the flapping I keep mistaking them for helicopters.

Can't target a seagull with a Stinger. Who knew? :p

Definitely have to have a squad communicating, going lone wolf is not feasible at all....

Definitely have to have a squad communicating, going lone wolf is not feasible at all....

This fact is so frustrating. Nobody uses a mic in multiplayer, and I can rarely get placed on a team where there's at least a squad working together. A single squad working together can win games easily. Two working together is probably close to unstoppable, but I wouldn't know, as that seems to be what I'm always up against.

Getting steamrolled because half of your team is either dicking around on the edges of the map, or just not doing what they should be doing is no fun at all. My best games I've played have all involved really close intense battles. But it happens so rarely for me, I find myself getting frustrated more and more.

It's kind of sad when I have to get on a Quad and drive around for a few minutes just to reset my mood...

A squad communicating is not always ideal but it does help. Last night I joined a server by myself that had some lame rules like, "No Heatseakers, No C4, No Jihad Vehicles especially Quads! Learn some skill bro!"

Needless to say I Nemisesed the two Admins(got a repair torch headshot on one of them) and killed their Platoon buddies several times and then they came at me with Jihad Quads. lol. I shouted, "Learn some skill bro" into the mic every time I killed them. I wish they could hear me. :) http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/63250287/2/188014097/ At least I did not get banned until the next round started :)

After playing AK for a few days, I think that I will stick with my original assessment. The maps are simply too big and there are too few players to do anything meaningful as a team. Given the air vehicles available, you will often find that you only have 6 teammates on the ground actually capturing and holding objectives. It is not uncommon to have 1-2 people waiting around in the spawn for vehicles to spawn and from my experiences, once an enemy team takes control of the maps AND has the AC-130, it's damn near impossible to break out and save the game. Granted, I have been playing with randoms, but the point stands that this expansion was definitely designed for the PC. I'll be finishing up the achievements and the assignments and then moving back to TDM.

A squad communicating is not always ideal but it does help. Last night I joined a server by myself that had some lame rules like, "No Heatseakers, No C4, No Jihad Vehicles especially Quads! Learn some skill bro!"

Needless to say I Nemisesed the two Admins(got a repair torch headshot on one of them) and killed their Platoon buddies several times and then they came at me with Jihad Quads. lol. I shouted, "Learn some skill bro" into the mic every time I killed them. I wish they could hear me. :) http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/63250287/2/188014097/ At least I did not get banned until the next round started :)

Ya gotta love the butt-hurt badmins.:p

I think it is funny when admins break their own rules, I think that is the only time it has happened to me. Honestly I don't care too much, really I would like to antagonize the shit out of them and when I get booted I know I did my job :)

I think its safe to say in this instance you got right on their tits! :woop:

I think its safe to say in this instance you got right on their tits! :woop:

lol. Which is puzzling to me. I am not a great player by any means and there was 6 people on the other team with the same clan tag which is why I don't get why they were not able to stop me with out breaking their own rules.

I really hope I can get on tonight at a decent time, I need my AK fix!

lol. Which is puzzling to me. I am not a great player by any means and there was 6 people on the other team with the same clan tag which is why I don't get why they were not able to stop me with out breaking their own rules.

I really hope I can get on tonight at a decent time, I need my AK fix!

You know what you're doing, thats probably the main difference, the clan in question are either noobs or below average players, or a combination of both.

I'll get a couple of hours on tonight of double xp before coming back to it tomorrow.

See you posted that on the comments for the match too. That brings a tear of happiness to my eye :drunk

I'm trying to like it but I just can't. Had a few games there where the gunship just ass raped our whole team again and again. The guy had something like 61 kills to 4 deaths. If you are not in a vehicle you'll run around for an age to either be A. Run over my a team mate B. Killed by the gun ship or Chopper or C. Run over a hill to be met by an enemy tank.

Hell it's grown on me, even in CQ I just had to get used to the fact I'm not very good on them. :(

More of a boots on the ground guy even on big maps. Like the open spaces to move around but they're just so big I'm not as effective on them as on the regular maps, too much open space to get spotted. Heli's and TD's find me before I really get anywhere, finding it hard to be sneaky sneaky though I've managed having some fun torturing some squads around Flags A, B, and C on Bandar a few times. :p

Drew!!! Find me, have ammo will travel.

Drew!!! Find me, have ammo will travel.

:)

Tonight is my last night of BF3 for awhile, I think I got sort of sad saying that. I am going to pick up Borderlands 2 tonight and I fear that game will overtake BF3 for awhile. I am excited though for a new game, last time I looked I had over 31 days logged into BF3, I need a break from it so I can be completely stoked again!

I should be hitting the battlefield tonight though with my leave taking place around 11:50pm tonight.

:)

Tonight is my last night of BF3 for awhile, I think I got sort of sad saying that. I am going to pick up Borderlands 2 tonight and I fear that game will overtake BF3 for awhile. I am excited though for a new game, last time I looked I had over 31 days logged into BF3, I need a break from it so I can be completely stoked again!

I should be hitting the battlefield tonight though with my leave taking place around 11:50pm tonight.

I know how you feel. I think by the time I finish Mastering the primaries I should be in possession of FIFA 13. It'll be a welcome break though. Too broke for both that and Borderlands 2 though :( haha

Next game I've got my eyes on is Hitman Absolution which looks beyond awesome.

We still have to get the bunch of us together to see just how far we can launch a quad bike though.

I know how you feel. I think by the time I finish Mastering the primaries I should be in possession of FIFA 13. It'll be a welcome break though. Too broke for both that and Borderlands 2 though :( haha

Next game I've got my eyes on is Hitman Absolution which looks beyond awesome.

We still have to get the bunch of us together to see just how far we can launch a quad bike though.

ahaha when october comes ill be playing moh wf, and november hitman, and decmber far cry!:eek: want touch battlefield for awhile tho.

• 1 month later...

Well, after a few weeks break from BF3 and getting back into it I notice the complete lack of AK servers for Conquest (which is my main game mode) which sucks but I do like TDM on AK more. You can still play the beautiful looking maps and there are a lot more people to kill, well at least more people in a concentrated area.

So, an update on my opinion on AK.

Alborz Mountain "borz" the piss out of me (gettit?! :D). It looks amazing, and I think it's probably the sexiest of the bunch and the idea is great but this is the map where I feel the lower playercount is most obvious.

As for the other three maps, I probably like Armoured Shield best (no doubt influenced by my sentimentality for BFBC2's Harvest Day and Heavy Metal ;)) since there's such an array of choice and I just love the map.

Death Valley is playable with 24 players but pitting jets against scout helicopters was a stupid idea.

Bandar Desert is epic but again the lack of players makes for some rather dull moments between flags. Especially E flag (the Gunship flag way out in the sticks away from all the other flags that are relativity close together. I know they had to use it to make use of the space (unlike Firestorm...) but another flag, maybe even using the Tank Superiority flag would have made things a little easier.

I enjoy Armoured Kill but our player count is too small to really get into the "all out" part of the "all out vehicle warfare" DICE advertised.

And what's with Tank Destroyers but not tanks to destroy with them? :p

So, an update on my opinion on AK.

Alborz Mountain "borz" the piss out of me (gettit?! :D). It looks amazing, and I think it's probably the sexiest of the bunch and the idea is great but this is the map where I feel the lower playercount is most obvious.

As for the other three maps, I probably like Armoured Shield best (no doubt influenced by my sentimentality for BFBC2's Harvest Day and Heavy Metal ;)) since there's such an array of choice and I just love the map.

Death Valley is playable with 24 players but pitting jets against scout helicopters was a stupid idea.

Bandar Desert is epic but again the lack of players makes for some rather dull moments between flags. Especially E flag (the Gunship flag way out in the sticks away from all the other flags that are relativity close together. I know they had to use it to make use of the space (unlike Firestorm...) but another flag, maybe even using the Tank Superiority flag would have made things a little easier.

I enjoy Armoured Kill but our player count is too small to really get into the "all out" part of the "all out vehicle warfare" DICE advertised.

Simply put, this DLC shouldn't exist. :p

I probably like Armoured Shield best.

I love Armoured Shield, the colours are sexy. Fav map for sure.

Thank god there are no more tanks because tank destroyers would be so much better. They are super fast, deal same damage and have same armor as tanks. If you use smoke on them then there is no way tank can take you out.

I remember when playing tank superiority and waiting a vehicle to spawn in a base and freakin tank spawned i was like grrrrrrrrrrrr give me my tank destroyer.

Edited by Priit3

• 1 month later...