Fastest way to earn more XP for your Ranks!

Using the nuke in no way lowers the points you earn, just your imagination.

You can get 36k from level 3-3 and there's always the "AFK rubberband second anthill 1-1" method to cap at 65,500. Just got my 1000 last night and I got the game on July 3rd, pretty much played nothing else but a bit of Ms. Splosion Man.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might be my imagination.

why do some of the miniboss' not drop weapons. im doing 1-4 and sometimes theres 3 wasps and they drop something as well as the hectors making 6 or so, but then other times i get like 3 drop wtf? and the wasp drop nothing and sometimes the hectors drop nothing

right now im doing tactical and Im rank 4. Im doing the ant hill alone on hard but after a half hour i had like 8k only (normal 2k). TORTURE. and my weapons need 3-4 hits to kill on hard. so i give up on leveling up the characters. i think the shield on the battle armor spoiled me

Edited by TimespliTT

Weapon drops are random and are only "chance to drop" - it's not a guarantee you'll get something.

Hard is not supposed to be attempted before T5, which is why Normal caps there. Your weapons are too weak to effectively fight those enemies. This is mentioned in the Road Map.

I'm now 49/50 on this game.

I thought the Survival 500 was awful but this just sucks. Why am I being made to buy shitty tier 4 shotguns that I'll never use?

I'm finding blitzing through 1-2 is working well for me. Less chance of dying, end up with 20k or so. Not great but doable in under 10 mins.

3-3 takes a bit too long for my liking but I might give it another go.

I wonder where this game will end up on TrueAchievements. I'm guessing somewhere around 2600TA.

Yeah, they only frustrating thing about 3-3 is the chance to be knocked back by a spider or your shield blown away by wasps right before the grenade goes off and dying halfway through.

I gave up on actually playing after a while though and just reset 1-1 every 40 minutes while I was around the house. Got a lot of cleaning done and made the wife happy while still getting the achievement. :p

I gave up on actually playing after a while though and just reset 1-1 every 40 minutes while I was around the house. Got a lot of cleaning done and made the wife happy while still getting the achievement. :p
This is exactly what I'm doing. Only problem is that sometimes i forget to reset it. Last night I left it running for awhile and came back to over 10000 kills. Man I wish that 65,500 cap wasn't there, this would be sooooooo much easier.

This is exactly what I'm doing. Only problem is that sometimes i forget to reset it. Last night I left it running for awhile and came back to over 10000 kills. Man I wish that 65,500 cap wasn't there, this would be sooooooo much easier.

Tell me about it. I had to do 1-1 aprox. 70 times in order to buy all remaining weapons which cost me over 4 millions credits. It was very tedious and felt like it is not gonna end for me but finally got it done under a week by doing that method.

What I did was using Jet (Rank 8), equipped with a missile laucher (Tier 7) *5 homing missiles at once with purple electrical streaks *cant remember what name it was and a Pesticide sniper rifle for Level 1-1. I cleared everything by snipe ants in a blast including first anthill, reached a rally point then fall back to south nearby the water opposite of 2nd anthill. I sniped a few remaining ant groups until 2nd anthill popup. After 2nd anthill popped up, snipe a group of ants on your right then switched to the homing missile launcher to shoot at ant hill. (Dont aim at it, aim a little higher above of an anthill) I rubberband the RT trigger to rack up 65k then go to the rallypoint to make the mini hector appeared. Go back to the position where you rubberband your RT, snipe Hector. Once he's dead, go to the final rally point to finish the level.

Its a lot easier to doing this since you can watch a movie, or do whatever you need to do around the house then come back to it. It will takes about 40 to 50 mins depends on how fast you doing it by the start of the level to 2nd anthill. (It took me 8 mins from start to 2nd ant hill) Hope this helps.

3-3 Level is a bit of problem to me because of Battle get knocked and fell by wasps or metal spiders which result a death if nuke it after. It get annoyed and forced me to start over again so wasted of my time doing that, though.

Personally, this is one of best methods for Daddy Warbug and Lifer achievements.

Pants Party, congrats 1k on EDFIA!

Edited by Motorexskygtr32

For ranks 1-7, I did mission 1:1 repeatedly because you can get the XP from playing at a higher level without dying as easily.

To reach rank 8 I played a lot of Ditchslap (1:4) REMIX!! If you are unaware, there are 2 scenarios. You will either have metal ants in the tunnel or metal spiders. Ants give 63xp, spiders 72xp. Over the course of just 400 kills, spiders would give you 28800xp, ants just 25200xp. Go with spiders because it takes the same amount of time. **Spiders spawn in the tunnel only when metal ants spawn in the dirt behind you at the very beginning. If metal spiders come walking through the buildings, I would restart.

For Daddy Warbugs: mission 3:3 (using the battle/pesticide plan) you routinely get 36000ish running through quickly on 'normal campaign' in less than 11 minutes. Why don't you try REMIX?!?! In the same amount of time, you get 44400cr. *Important info: you have to get the right bug spawns. At the start, the first enemies must be metal spiders. Then many of the level's bug-waves will be regular ants (but a freaking ton of them!) If you get normal spiders digging up near you at the beginning, restart. Otherwise you'll be fighting a whole bunch of wasps for a lot fewer $$$. Even better, there are NO wasps if you do the correct remix!

Edited by AblazeSandman

• 2 weeks later...

I've found playing offline (if playing SOLO) on Mission 1:4, Ditchslap, is one of many ways to earn XP.

I played this stage 40-50 times.

But there is a huge problem that has repeated itself frequently.

THE GAME FREEZES MY XBOX.

It always tends to happen when I have about 23,000XP already, and as I'm crossing the bridge. Very annoying.

Not to mention my internet disconnecting for no reason on several occasions.

Anyone else have their console freeze up around the same spot? I've lost well over 150,000XP because it freezes.

(At least now I have all armors at Rank 8)

Also, you can replay Chapter 2:4 Hectored over and over. You earn 15,000 Credits in less than 5 minutes, and it saves quickly. Less chance of dying, box freezing, etc. and losing any progress.

I love most everything about playing games on the XBox 360, except its crappy console function.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: INSECT ARMAGEDDON 1000/1000G, Sept 23rd, 2011

Edited by E vee dub

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't know if anyone still plays this, but I just got the game about 5 days ago. I already reached tier 8 with my battle armor and cleared inferno with the help of a friend that was also playing with a battle armor and is tier 6.

My question is this: Is there anyway for me to help him level up quickly? And then for him to help my other classes that are all tier 1 level up quickly?