No Co-Op? No sale!

slayer3100

These are the same people that won't buy this game that didn't buy Oblivion, Skyrim, Risen or KoA because it wasn't online and or Co-Op... they are missing out :eek:

I have such pity for anyone, genre specific or not, who hasn't played Oblivion yet. Morrowind was my first real memorable experience with RPGs and I immediately fell in love, so Oblivion and Skyrim were a no brainer for me. Also, Risen gets a bad rep for some reason, I personally thought the game was okay.

I can't really say pity, I guess, I just couldn't think of a better word. I mean, I can't stand online shooters but even I can watch gameplay on youtube and recognize how much fun it would be, but for someone to negate the experience of an epic journey because it's missing co-op is just retarded.

I agree. I know this can be taken way out of context, but imagine reading a book by your self page by page. You get to read the story at your own pace and fully understand the literature your reading. Now lets take the same situation, except your taking turns with a few other people reading every other paragraph out loud. Would get pretty annoying and probably not have the same immersing as if you had done it your self.

Not all games need online elements to be the "true version" to play. I also agree Morrowind was a fantastic game that really opened my eyes and introduced me to open world RPGs. Again you didn't see any forum posts state "Skyrim isn't Online!? I'm not buying it, hell no, no way, single player games are stupid in this new millennium of gaming!" Didn't think so :woop:.

I agree. I know this can be taken way out of context, but imagine reading a book by your self page by page. You get to read the story at your own pace and fully understand the literature your reading. Now lets take the same situation, except your taking turns with a few other people reading every other paragraph out loud. Would get pretty annoying and probably not have the same immersing as if you had done it your self.

Not all games need online elements to be the "true version" to play. I also agree Morrowind was a fantastic game that really opened my eyes and introduced me to open world RPGs. Again you didn't see any forum posts state "Skyrim isn't Online!? I'm not buying it, hell no, no way, single player games are stupid in this new millennium of gaming!" Didn't think so :woop:.

HA! Nice analogy. I actually prefer single player in big RPGs that allow me to micromanage everything (Skyrim, Dragon Age, ect.)

The most annoying thing in the world is having to wait for your co-op partner(s) every time you find some new loot.

We need more singleplayer games, especially rpgs/jrpgs. I use to be all about MP in the days when I played CoD4 hardcore and I still play Halo on and off from time to time but at this point in my gaming life I would prefer to sit down and enjoy a large open world and get wrapped up in a story or crazy moments(Witcher 2 and Skyrim come to mind) THEN talk to my friends about it.

It's more personal and imo, meaningful if it happened to you and not someone else then you can talk about it later.

Glad no co-op. i meaqn how did the last CAPCOM co-op game fare ( Resident evil -operation SHITHOLE)? Solo means it will be balanced and you won't have to depend on AI/otherplayer for assistance.

I'll crack mine open tonight to get a playing.

that game was just shit in general, lost planet 2 co op worked, and was fantastic.

I was so hyped for this game, played it a few months back at GameFest and me and my 3 friends all thought how awesome it would be to team up and slay majestic beasts as a group, but no. Once again Capcom just lets me down, just like with the poor HD addition to DMC, the lack of Monster Hunter in the west and the cancellation of MegaMan Legends 3.

This is made even more disappointing by the fact that they make really good Co-Op games (Monster Hunter, Lost Planet 2). I should just stop expecting so much from them i guess.

That being said i will probably pick this up for £15 pre-owned as i still looks like a good game, just don't feel the hype that i did when i thought it would be Co-Op.

So you want the game but will miss out on an experiance just because it lacks a bolted on lack luster co op mode? Really?

So you want the game but will miss out on an experiance just because it lacks a bolted on lack luster co op mode? Really?

OP a fuckin Idiot, This game looks bad ass although I read that the pa3 version runs smoother then the 360 the 360 has a few bugs texture pop ups and graphical glitches but hopefully capcom will patch asap

The fact that pawns can travel between games is already a good enough replacement for Co-Op. That's how every Co-Op game ends up anyway, joining a friend's game to help him with stuff you've already done or vice versa. Pawns do that for you in this game. If you or your friend needs help with a quest that the other has done already, the main pawn that already worked on the quest can be sent into the other game to help the other person complete it. So essentially the AI already does what another player would end up doing anyway, joining to help with quests they've already done.

Glad I found this thread. Excluding co-op in a RPG of this nature is either pure laziness, incompetence, or a combination of both. There's no excuse. If I want to play a single player RPG than I'll hop on Skyrim, Fallout or Dragon Age. Oh well, no skin off my back. This thread saved me $60.00 and I'll just pop in Dark Souls when I want me some co-op RPG lovin' done right. Not a big fan of Capcom anyway.

Glad I found this thread. Excluding co-op in a RPG of this nature is either pure laziness, incompetence, or a combination of both. There's no excuse. If I want to play a single player RPG than I'll hop on Skyrim, Fallout or Dragon Age. Oh well, no skin off my back. This thread saved me $60.00 and I'll just pop in Dark Souls when I want me some co-op RPG lovin' done right. Not a big fan of Capcom anyway.

Your loss.

No really, your loss. You just said you have a coop game for rpgs (Dark Souls) do you really need/want another one that badly? Do they all have to have some form of coop(I wouldn't call the coop in DS that good anyways, it's a temporary thing) so you will give your purchase or play the game? If so you are limiting yourself to an already limited genre.

I almost feel bad for you...almost.