• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Matchmaking achievements can all be done in private match

2. The collectables are all extremely easy to find as there is only one Cog tag per level. Their location is always around the red cog/skull logo which you will find on a wall.

3. Getting all 126 stars was easy playing on normal and each section of game has a Declassified option to activate. Use them to earn stars faster. Each section is limited to earning 3 stars.

1. Matchmaking achievements can all be done in private match

2. The collectables are all extremely easy to find as there is only one Cog tag per level. Their location is always around the red cog/skull logo which you will find on a wall.

3. Getting all 126 stars was easy playing on normal and each section of game has a Declassified option to activate. Use them to earn stars faster. Each section is limited to earning 3 stars.

1. Thank GOD.

2. It is nice that the cog tags are now marked.

3. Have you done any declassified missions on insane yet? Think Seriously Judgmental will be extremely hard? Would you recommend going for three stars on every mission on casual/normal before going through on insane? Or should I go for Super Star and Seriously Judgmental all in one playthrough?

Edited by xhunterrrr

1. Thank GOD.

2. It is nice that the cog tags are now marked.

3. Have you done any declassified missions on insane yet? Think Seriously Judgmental will be extremely hard? Would you recommend going for three stars on every mission on casual/normal before going through on insane? Or should I go for Super Star and Seriously Judgmental all in one playthrough?

I have done a few solo on Insane and they havent been horrible... yet. A few tries each. There are going to be some that will be complete nightmares since they throw a fuckton of Ragers at you along with a bunch of Boomers/Grinders and grenadiers. With a group it will be easier instead of relying on the AI. I would recommend doing everything on Normal first just so you know what youre getting into.

When you choose to activate a Declassified mission (A massive glowing cog/skull symbol on the wall at the beginning of each area) it adds another factor into that area. Some examples are enemies will have One-shots, more enemies, vision is impared due to leaking gas, you only have 3 minutes to complete this section etc. You will earn your stars faster if a declassifed mission is activated and you goal is to get 3 stars.

You earn stars by getting kills. Earning ribbons or getting gibs fills the bar faster. When you get downed, the bar slowly goes down so if you are constantly getting downed, you wont be able to get 3 stars. If you can get 3 stars you can go down with no penalty. At the end of each area you have the option to retry if you want to get 3 stars before continuing on.

I have done a few solo on Insane and they havent been horrible... yet. A few tries each. There are going to be some that will be complete nightmares since they throw a fuckton of Ragers at you along with a bunch of Boomers/Grinders and grenadiers. With a group it will be easier instead of relying on the AI. I would recommend doing everything on Normal first just so you know what youre getting into.

When you choose to activate a Declassified mission (A massive glowing cog/skull symbol on the wall at the beginning of each area) it adds another factor into that area. Some examples are enemies will have One-shots, more enemies, vision is impared due to leaking gas, you only have 3 minutes to complete this section etc. You will earn your stars faster if a declassifed mission is activated and you goal is to get 3 stars.

You earn stars by getting kills. Earning ribbons or getting gibs fills the bar faster. When you get downed, the bar slowly goes down so if you are constantly getting downed, you wont be able to get 3 stars. If you can get 3 stars you can go down with no penalty. At the end of each area you have the option to retry if you want to get 3 stars before continuing on.

Awesome. Do AI teammate kills count towards stars?

Also, if you need an insane partner, let me know. I go out of town on the 22nd but I should be able to play some before then.

Awesome. Do AI teammate kills count towards stars?

Also, if you need an insane partner, let me know. I go out of town on the 22nd but I should be able to play some before then.

AI temmate kills do count towards stars and their only benefit is that when they go down, the bar does not drain. This may seem helpful but I tried to let them do all the work solo Insane and they all just kept going down and no one but me was around to revive them.

For sure, shoot me a FR. Im available virtually everynight after 5pm EST except Wednesdays. If youre picking the game up on release day, we can start then if those times work for you.

AI temmate kills do count towards stars and their only benefit is that when they go down, the bar does not drain. This may seem helpful but I tried to let them do all the work solo Insane and they all just kept going down and no one but me was around to revive them.

For sure, shoot me a FR. Im available virtually everynight after 5pm EST except Wednesdays. If youre picking the game up on release day, we can start then if those times work for you.

Yeah, IGN docked Judgment for incompetent AI teammates. Glad to know they contribute to stars, but don't cause loss of stars.

I pre-ordered from the MS store with 2-day shipping. No idea if it will get here tomorrow or Wednesday (or if it will even be delivered tomorrow because of a snowstorm moving in). So, if I have it in time, we will play!

It's not an achievement but it's a medal..

Has anyone gotten the reaper medal? I'd like to get it an the weapon skin..

He was activated yesterday and a couple Epic devs are using the skin for the first week. Check those forums for the list of GTs using the Reaper. Good luck running into him to get that skin/medal!

He was activated yesterday and a couple Epic devs are using the skin for the first week. Check those forums for the list of GTs using the Reaper. Good luck running into him to get that skin/medal!

No kidding. There are 5? Epic Reapers right now. I don't see myself ever running into one.

No kidding. There are 5? Epic Reapers right now. I don't see myself ever running into one.

I have the list of GTs and I have raczilla (community manager) in my recent players list and a few saved msgs from him since we played together a whole lot on Saturday and was talking back and forth. Im going to stalk around and try to join any game in progress he is in. Not a fan of the weapon skin but I really do love the medal.

I have the list of GTs and I have raczilla (community manager) in my recent players list and a few saved msgs from him since we played together a whole lot on Saturday and was talking back and forth. Im going to stalk around and try to join any game in progress he is in. Not a fan of the weapon skin but I really do love the medal.

Lucky you! If you get into a game with one, invite me. :p

Most definitely! Msg me later if you get your game in the mail today. Im good to start Insane anytime after 6 or 7pm EST

I did get the game today! Forgot to message you because I was busy trying to figure out where my pre-order bonuses were from MS. I can't guarantee I'll be on at that time, but I will be on at some point in the evening/night after 7pm EST.

I did get the game today! Forgot to message you because I was busy trying to figure out where my pre-order bonuses were from MS.

Awesome! Ill keep an eye out for when you pop online.

Ive heard preorder bonuses from orders at the Microsoft store can take up to 10 days to be emailed.

EDIT: Just saw that thread was yours

Is there no Seriously 4.0 in this gears where you have to unlock every single onyx medal and reach level 50 or re up to the max. Im surprised, maybe there will be one attached to one of the dlcs. I have nearly done my seriously 3.0 in gears 3 and I got the game on day 1 although I did take a 9 month break to play other games.

How many stars are in hardcore mode, because am trying to get 100 starts and am stuck on the Vaults section with smoke in the air.

I can not for the life of me get 3 stars solo, I have been a hair away from doing so a few times. Do i need to do more executions? The AI goes DBNO a lot and it takes away star power but there is not much i can do to help that