If you're wondering why you didn't get an event ribbon...

lifeexpectancy

Poor programming? Or developer lazyness  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Poor programming? Or developer lazyness

• Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements.
    • Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm right there with you. The shit doesn't make any sense.

I don't understand why they've made such an elaborate detailed list (Which is very nice, by the way) if all you have to do is play an online vs match? :confused:

So on one hand, what they're saying is to just play on line. If that's all that is required, why bother making the detailed list?

I'm only at 7/30. I've been playing this game just about every day since June (For fun, not even grinding). I should have had more ribbons by now...

Shit don't make any damn sense.

That's what I seem to be getting to, play on line every week (as long as epic updates the event) no matter what game mode and as long as you haven't played the event yet you'll get a ribbon

I'm right there with you. The shit doesn't make any sense.

I don't understand why they've made such an elaborate detailed list (Which is very nice, by the way) if all you have to do is play an online vs match? :confused:

So on one hand, what they're saying is to just play on line. If that's all that is required, why bother making the detailed list?

I'm only at 7/30. I've been playing this game just about every day since June (For fun, not even grinding). I should have had more ribbons by now...

Shit don't make any damn sense.

It's not so much because you need the list, because you're right it boils down to "play an online versus match during the event to get credit".

The problem has arisen though, with Epic's stupid "no credit for events you already played", that people were CONSTANTLY asking things like: Is a new event up? Why am I not getting credit this weekend? I haven't played for X number of weeks so why isn't it working? I played event X, but I still got credit this weekend, why? What game mode should I play to get credit? etc etc.

With so many of the SAME questions being constantly asked, I tried to consolidate all known information, and included the list of events simply because some people like to know where in the cycle we are if they happened to miss a run of 4 or 5 events in a row. Let's say someone deployed to Iraq during Feb/March. Now they're back going "ok, which events DIDN'T I play so I know when to play to get credit?". This list gives them the means to at least estimate when they need to play. Not everyone wants to play once, twice, or three times a week to be sure. Of course by not playing every week they run the risk of missing an event they haven't already played, but at least it's on them at that point.

There's something I don't understand...

In the entire Epic office, there's only ONE guy that can push a few buttons and change the event? ONE GUY??? On a huge gaming company? Are they kidding? I don't care where these guys are showing off their next sucky game, how about they fix the current one before abandoning it so they can make it to some stupid gaming show, I'm 2 ribbons away from that goddamned achievement and if Epic just kept their promise on when they updated the event I would've gotten it 2 days ago ffs!

There's something I don't understand...

In the entire Epic office, there's only ONE guy that can push a few buttons and change the event? ONE GUY??? On a huge gaming company? Are they kidding? I don't care where these guys are showing off their next sucky game, how about they fix the current one before abandoning it so they can make it to some stupid gaming show, I'm 2 ribbons away from that goddamned achievement and if Epic just kept their promise on when they updated the event I would've gotten it 2 days ago ffs!

Preaching to the choir man. It makes absolutely no sense that their sysadmin can't give someone else the access required to update the event while Pete is off circle-jer**** in a corner somewhere. I'm SO fucking glad I finished this thing and I'll try to keep on top of this thread as long as my sanity allows for the sake of those still working on it.

Preaching to the choir man. It makes absolutely no sense that their sysadmin can't give someone else the access required to update the event while Pete is off circle-jer**** in a corner somewhere. I'm SO fucking glad I finished this thing and I'll try to keep on top of this thread as long as my sanity allows for the sake of those still working on it.

Hahaha that just made my day xD ""It makes absolutely no sense that their sysadmin can't give someone else the access required to update the event while Pete is off circle-jer**** in a corner somewhere."" xD

Imagine how relieved I'll be after 2 more events and can finally concentrate on getting my final Assassins Creed achievements on Brotherhood...

I missed 6 or 7 events somewhere down the way but don't know which one. I don't play GoW3 that often anymore and I have to get 1-3 events for socialite but it's a pain to try and find out so I guess i'm not getting the achievement.

If you're that close, don't give up. Keep an eye on this thread, and if you see a new event mentioned, spend the ten minutes to play a round of warzone or something.

just played a game at 3pm EST, still no new event in the list and I didn't get a ribbon.

Will have to wait until tomorrow to play again. Man it really sucks being at 29/30 for 6 weeks now, just praying that you are playing your LAST game of gears 3. :(

lifeexpectancy has done a great job on page 1 on explaining how to get this achievement, but I now have a very bad feeling about this. Let's start with the achievement definition:

Socialite (70) - Earn the Onyx "War Supporter" medal - Play in 30 Gears events.

An expanded definition would read:

Play in a Gears event each week, and start playing Gears events within 22 weeks of the release of the game. You can miss a week or two, but don't miss too many (five).

I played in week one, but like many I didn't realise the upmost importance of playing every week until after week 35.

Why the bad feeling you may ask, well there has been a new event every week for a year and then for the past 3 weeks, nothing. Right now it looks like Epic were only supporting this achievement for 1 year (53 weeks). The last event was called "Brothers to the End" - could that be a reference to the end of events? I really hope I am wrong.

Edited by HolyHa1fDead

lifeexpectancy has done a great job on page 1 on explaining how to get this achievement, but I now have a very bad feeling about this. Let's start with the achievement definition:

Socialite (70) - Earn the Onyx "War Supporter" medal - Play in 30 Gears events.

An expanded definition would read:

Play in a Gears event each week, and start playing Gears events within 22 weeks of the release of the game. You can miss a week or two, but don't miss too many (five).

I played in week one, but like many I didn't realise the upmost importance of playing every week until after week 35.

Why the bad feeling you may ask, well there has been a new event every week for a year and then for the past 3 weeks, nothing. Right now it looks like Epic were only supporting this achievement for 1 year (53 weeks). The last event was called "Brothers to the End" - could that be a reference to the end of events? I really hope I am wrong.

As terrible as that might sound to some, I'm sure you're just overthinking it ;)

Im sure its been tried but i havent seen it anywhere...

Where exactly is the patch for the glitch? I mean is it at epics end or as a patch on my xbox? Could i just clear the cache on an event day and use madman rabs method to get all the ribbons?

I'm on 19/20...

Bored now! 25/30... Roll on Halo 4!

Massive shame they did it this way, just frustrating playing every week for nothing, I know I've gone from week 1 to whatever week we are at on the second run and pretty sure I did quite a few before that so I'm running out of events...

What I suggest is that the next person to actually get a ribbon posts here to give the rest of us hope!

Im sure its been tried but i havent seen it anywhere...

Where exactly is the patch for the glitch? I mean is it at epics end or as a patch on my xbox? Could i just clear the cache on an event day and use madman rabs method to get all the ribbons?

I'm on 19/20...

Server related = You must be online = Must have patch.

OP UPDATED WITH PINK LANCERS FOR CANCER EVENT (supposedly will be October 12th).

I hope it happens and I hope those of you in need get a ribbon.

The news of this "event" didn't come through the normal channels (aka Pete's twitter), but we can only assume (and hope) that it will actually count towards War Supporter. Link: HERE

IMPORTANT: As of this writing, the website linked in my TA solution that is advertising this "event" lists it as ONLY RUNNING FROM NOON to NOON, Oct 12 to the 13th. That means this is only a 24 HOUR EVENT, not the week-long (or nearly month-long) we've grown accustomed to.

So if it does count towards War Supporter, ya better make dang sure you don't miss it!

Edited by lifeexpectancy