Easy Way to Get 50% Territories?

Evil Eye

Just wondering if someone found a way to get this achievement yet. I've beat the game and I've only been able to get enough troops to capture 27.7% of the territories. Is there some sort of trick I'm missing here or am I just doomed to having to kill troop after troop for hours on end just to get enough credits to capture 1 more territory and then having to repeat?

I didn't invest too much time into it, but I also only conquered a good 30%. Then the AI started building massive forces to counter me and it's causing me quite a bit of trouble. I think the best way [as one said above] is just to use all your exp before you even move, and just conquer and conquer.

• 4 weeks later...

When I did it I was playing around with the troops and conquering while progressing through the game. Even lost 2 key battles which totally decimated my armies. Then I waited and ended up with like 44k in credits I think. like 44,914 or something. Then I made like 10,000 troops, 30 APCS, 25 scorpions. Totally decimated everything. Minus the cost of 500 troops sticking to keep a territory claimed and continually battling until I had no more troops, I was left with 200 troops, 26 APC, 25 scorpions. Had like 56.5% of the planet conquered. A word of advice, make the territories that give you 2000 troops TOP priority. That's the only way I managed to pull it off, was by using those territories to fuel my troop number.

Pretty much what everyone else said. Wait until the end of the game, you'll have a massive amount of money, and just build as much of everything as you can. I had one strong army and I just plowed through everything until 50%. Generally this will keep the other team on the defensive and they won't try to recapture territories, but I did lose 2 or 3 back, so it can happen.

i got beat as the RDA and lost 100k worth of my army, i now have another 100k but i will have to play as the navvi as the other game is long gone due to the massive army they had.

i only have one shot now at this so what's the best option? i read in this thread about buying loads and then moving them all to each area without leaving any behind, won't the other side just take back the areas i had?

actually another question i have is, if u lose on conquest and u have no more credits how can u build up more if u have already done both campaigns?

the only way to gain more credits is gaining more XP, if ur the highist lvl and completed the game it would take u ages to get more credits =/

the only way to gain more credits is gaining more XP, if ur the highist lvl and completed the game it would take u ages to get more credits =/

that's what i was thinking, i really need some plan then as i cannot afford to mess up the conquest mode, maybe i should just take all the army i have and just keep capturing areas and hoping they don't overwhelm me.

cheers to who had the idea of moving the entire army through each area, worked a treat, i got to 50.8%.

started with 94k in credits and bought as the Navvi....

27,500 troops.

108 birds.

42 bigger birds. (sorry not sure what they are exactly)

when i got to 50.8% i was left with....

23,754 troops.

107 birds.

42 bigger birds.

just to give u an idea of how it's possible to do it, i also left the free areas when possible as it slowed them down by them wasting a turn by entering it, i did capture some empty areas but only because they were on the path i was taking, the enemy also seemed to build more rather than attack so u should be ok.

Can someone give me a a better idea, or somewhat of a guide on what to do, as to not mess this up? Just really confused on when and how the best way to do this is.

Im on playthru 1 as RDA, is it best to do try the conquest like right before the final mission? Or best to try it on playthru 2? Or both?

Maybe a few steps on how to do the actual conquest? Like do I purchase all I can then just storm as many 2000 troop reward territorys I can til 50%?

Thanks for any info

Can someone give me a a better idea, or somewhat of a guide on what to do, as to not mess this up? Just really confused on when and how the best way to do this is.

Im on playthru 1 as RDA, is it best to do try the conquest like right before the final mission? Or best to try it on playthru 2? Or both?

Maybe a few steps on how to do the actual conquest? Like do I purchase all I can then just storm as many 2000 troop reward territorys I can til 50%?

Thanks for any info

i failed on both my tries, so i may not be the best person to follow. ;)

it seems you but enough as you can and blow through as fast as you can. your opponent will rarely attack giving you time.

as for when to do it, do it as close to the end as possible. waiting to finish until until you do both passes only help you since you can do 1 right after the other if you fail the first time.

cheers to who had the idea of moving the entire army through each area, worked a treat, i got to 50.8%.

started with 94k in credits and bought as the Navvi....

27,500 troops.

108 birds.

42 bigger birds. (sorry not sure what they are exactly)

when i got to 50.8% i was left with....

23,754 troops.

107 birds.

42 bigger birds.

just to give u an idea of how it's possible to do it, i also left the free areas when possible as it slowed them down by them wasting a turn by entering it, i did capture some empty areas but only because they were on the path i was taking, the enemy also seemed to build more rather than attack so u should be ok.

Thanks for any info

complete the 1st playthrough, then go onto continue game, u should be back on the playthrough u are on (not the second one) then go to a teleporter and select conquest, now how many credits do u have? u need about 100k just to be sure, then go on your base, press x and build as much stuff as u can, then press x again and build more stuff until u have no credits (refer to post above for what to buy) now press the button to move your army and move ALL of them to the first place u pick, and just keep moving them all to each area, u may lose some further back but most of the time the enemy builds more than it attacks, i only lost about 4 areas, just remember to move all the army and don't leave any of them behind.

credit goes to someone who posted it in the thread.

jpg thanks for the info. worked like a charm this morning and because of u I have the full 1k. I had to do my 2nd playthrough for the Navi and I had over 104,000 credits had 28,000 troops, 108 birds and 42 bigger birds. When all was said and done I lost about 2,000+ troops and 1 bird with 1 land retaken.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

i am trying these techniques now, but i had to start another game, not a playthrough, a game, a new character and all that, but its come up saying ive unlocked echo falls which *SPOILER* only happens when you complete both playthroughs in one game. Does this mean if i complete one playthrough on this game ill have loads of credits?

Also, to people confused, the navi units are: Na'vi warriors, Thanator, Banshee (or Ekran as the Na'vi call them)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't really understand why people are struggling so much with this (i dont mean this in a patronising way). The advise at the top of the thread is the best... just wait till you have enough credits to buy a big army then take them down.

I would advise:

1) With your bigger army take down the enemies big armies first, dont just plough into the empty lands as you will lose 500 men each time to garrison the place

2) split your big army into smaller ones to conquer smaller lands in a faster time before rejoining your army at a choke point then ploughing forward again

3) as previously said, aim for lands that offer you bonuses to troops, these are a massive help

4) dont waste credits upgrading the defenses of regions well inside your borders i would only advise levelling up a choke point on your east flank if you are sending your army west (for example) - dont bother upgrading the defenses on your western side if that is the side with your army.

5) Build balanced armies with all the unit types

I cant think of any more advisary tips for now :D

I had no problem what so ever with this, i was on the Naavi side and got to 100% of pandora.

This is such a no brainer. I did it immediately after my first playthrough as Navi. I had about 100k credits. I spent about 70k or so on 25000 infantry, 100 or so tigers, and about 45 banshees. I could have spent the whole 100k, but didn't really know what I was doing. From there I just started blindly capturing on each turn and finally stopped at 93+% because I got bored and didn't want to march all the way around the globe again. I had almost as much of each army element at the finish as I had at the start. Great tips in post number 2 above.