What sort of XBA member are you?

Dirty130

What category do you fall into?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What category do you fall into?

• I'm proud of my 90%+ completion rate. I play ANY game I want!
    • Well, I too am proud of my 90%+ completion, but sadly it dictates the games I play.
    • While completion is important to me. I play whatever I want and my completion percentage suffers.
    • I hit 100K Gamerscore and don't care much about completions. Max Gamerscore FTW!
    • I mainly concentrate on multiplayer gaming. Check out my leadernoard positions!
    • Achievements suck, why am I on this site.
    • What? I was playing Dark Souls.

After reading and discussing some things about completionists recently, I thought I'd make a poll on it with no real seriousness or consequences. Just some light hearted fun. Delete or move if necessary. :)

XBA has a lot of members and I just thought it would be interesting to see how many of you fall into each 'category' I made.

I see myself like this;

Completionist (Nope!!) > Achievement Hunter (Kinda) > Hardcore Gamer (Multiplayer sometimes) > Gamer (Yupp, gaming news is the best news!) > Then there's what I do. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dirty130
Typo..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a slave to many masters in gaming.... the awards... the completion percentage... the desire to challenge myself... the desire to say "That game was hard? Nah... I finished it easy. You suck!"

I don't think achievements have ever stopped me from playing a game I wanted to play. If it's hard and good, I knuckle under and get the job done. Lookin' at you, Splosion Man. If it's hard and doesn't interest me beyond the fact that it was on sale for $1 it may or may not languish on my hard drive or shelf. Lookin' at you, Devil May Cry 4!

And I think if I knuckle under and complete Dead or Alive Extreme 2, to add to my completions of Rumble Roses, Bayonetta, Conan (seriously, the damsels in distress you have to save are all topless), Lollipop Chainsaw, all those Japanese dating sims, Catherine, and any number of other sexy games I will be the undisputed embodiment of raw sexual gaming energy.

I don't think achievements have ever stopped me from playing a game I wanted to play. If it's hard and good, I knuckle under and get the job done. Lookin' at you, Splosion Man. If it's hard and doesn't interest me beyond the fact that it was on sale for $1 it may or may not languish on my hard drive or shelf. Lookin' at you, Devil May Cry 4!

Pretty much sums me up, although I did vote:

================================================

Well, I too am proud of my 90%+ completion, but sadly it dictates the games I play.

================================================

For the simple reason, as time presses on, and as I get older (33) I really can't be fucked with MP achievements these days.

I still have Gears 1 and 3 to do, and that's enough for me for the time being, I don't mind some MP, but the days of grinding out shit I don't really wish to play have long gone, so yes, I do research most games I play, but mainly for the MP aspect, if it's coop, or short (10 hours etc) then sure, but if it's a 200 hour grind, I wont play.

For the most part this doesn't bother me, but I am guilty of missing some gems I wanted to play due to this OCD (Max Payne 3). So all in all, difficulty doesn't both me to much, but MP does.

I was tempted to go with the Dark Souls option, but voted for the 3rd option.:)

You can multi-vote. :)

---

I LOL'd at where some of the staff/mods voted. :p

Probably should have added more options, but it's not really meant to be taken serious to start with. :drunk

I'm not a full on completionist per say, but I do like to get as many achievements possible when I play a game. Sometimes that's easier said than done if it's an older game with MP achievements. I will usually research a game before playing to see how many MP achievements it has and if it's going to be a grind. Otherwise it will turn me off to a game to a possible later date.

I'm much more fond of SP games, especially when it comes to older games I'm trying out. :biglaugh

Bit of a mixed bag for me. I play as many games to completion as i can but i Will stick any game on my tag even if i Will never get all achievements. As long as i least enjoyed the game its happy days for me.

There is also a chunk of my games that was stolen a good few years ago and as good as games they were i just never got them all back.

So that along with games that when i had them i didn't even have xbox live to get online achievements which never seemed fair to me but whatever lol

Lastly there are games which friends would stick on my tag. Still annoyed that fifa 10 is on my account i honestly hate fifa games but find them fun as social games to play with everyone in the same room. So theres a 60g game ill never play lol.

So cos of all that out of i think 207 games Im sitting on 67% completion.

Play for as much completion as i can but first and foremost i just wanna play some good games

Voted the last two. (Though, I know why I'm on this site. Mostly for y'all assholes :D )

My achievement hunting days were brief, and no longer do I hold a passion for obtaining a high score, nor completing as many games as feasible.

Now I'll play anything, and if I don't enjoy myself in the first 5 minutes, the game gets put away. Mostly I just play GoW3 MP.

I stopped caring for achievements in a very long time, despite the fact that I'm quite close to reach 40000k on xbox gamerscore I believe, I'll eventually get there by the time I play some of my other xbox shit.

Edited by CrazyMv94

I'm working towards a 90% completion profile. Currently sitting at 86.5% and hopefully I'll reach 90 by the end of the year.

I like to think that I've slowly broadened my gaming horizons over the past year. I still avoid certain genres because they bore me (like sports games and racing sims). I stick to singleplayer games for the most part too, of a game has multiplayer achievements and I don't pick up the game close to launch then I might not bother. But I'm thinking about picking up Black Flag once I get an Xbox One and I'll use that as one of my first "next-gen" games.

Since hitting 100K I stopped caring about achievements or completions but I have no where else to go:p

This. Plus I voted two options ;>_> completion is/was important to me prior to 100K but after hitting 100K...and other stuff...my gaming life more or less has died. I play something every now and then yes but otherwise, I don't have the drive anymore.

It's probably the frustration that got to me really. Playing games on the hardest difficulty yes is challenging...and yes it's awarding in the sense that you overcame something hard but at the same time it's rage-inducing and specifically with Rage Games...that's just too much anger I expressed for years (sometimes daily).

===

I think I realized this more when I was playing Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night. It's a Symphony of the Night meets Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine mashup...you go through the castle from SOTN, fighting enemies in that style of gameplay. Except there's an hourglass in the center that flips and your enemies can die pretty quickly...or you can if you're fucking up.

The issue was that my Windows Phone on this game in particular is fucking up real bad. It was fine for awhile but I don't know, as of late when I'm in a fight with someone...the touch-screen becomes entirely unresponsive. It was so irritating not being able to flip or move blocks, so they kept falling. This instance led me into thinking "fuck I have to fight Galamoth later...how the bloody hell am I going to do this if the game keeps fucking up with the blocks?".

===

As of late I've started many games, almost like a Bean Dive I swear...but completely unintentional. Metal Gear Rising, Deadpool, Skylanders 1 and 3...all these things and I'm barely doing anything on them. My completion went from just under 80% to the low 70's because of it. And I highly doubt I'll complete any of them...there was a time I would want to complete something like MGR just due to the difficulty it presents but now...I really don't know.