Taking Care Of Business Glitch

saulfn

I have searched the net but I seem to be the only one who has this problem.

The problem is Haelga is no were to be seen, she is no were in Riften, she isn't in the Bunkhouse or the Bee and the Barb. Neither is her sister and I have checked I havn't done the Confronting Haelga quest. The map marker doesn't show up either.

I have done everything else but collect her debt for the quest to join the Theives Guild, I have even stolen the statue of Dibella but that hasn't updated in my Quests.

Am I going to have to play it again just for the Thieves Guild achievements just like I had to play Oblivion again for the Mages Guild cause that fucked up aswell!

Not seen that one.

My first thought would be to check under the water. These kinds of people get killed all the time, possibly by a vampire or dragon attack and also with Riften sometimes generic thieves appear and people get hit either by the thief or perhaps the guards attacking the thieves.

Hopefully she's just stuck somewhere, have you tried the clairvoyance spell?

Read third note in bugs section

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Taking_Care_of_Business

Seems like there is a glitch.

I played this recently and have done it several times on ps3 as well.

Even with Dawnguard dlc which adds random attacks in Riften and other towns.

The good thing about these guild quest lines is that they can be done with a new character to get the achievements. Thiefs guild can be very long one to complete as it was artificially made longer by the developers , so it can be a pain. There are tips here and elsewhere on how to do it quicker.

I'll try Clairvoyance when I get in thanks.

I have a feeling she got killed during one of those raids you mention but I find it strange that Svana is no were to be seen either (the one who starts the quest 'Confronting Haelga').

Why they have a character who is part of one of the main quest lines able to die before you have done it I don't know, only Bethesda do.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finished the theives guilds on my 2nd Save, I also had to all the Daedric quests again after getting 14 on my 1st play through Atub decided to go on a disappearing act aswell.

I think I know what the problem was, where I started off on my 2nd Save I had Vilkas following me for a Companions quest and when I got caught planting the ring on Brand-Shei, Haelga starts attacking and Vilkas just slaughtered her. So basically, if your no good at pick pocketing, don't have anyone following you in case you get caught and you should be alright!