Achievement Discussion

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the rush?

Liike Gheuh said, it's a race to be the first one 100% done in as many different senses of the phrase as possible. Some might say that takes all the fun out of gaming since Achievements aren't everything and I would typically agree, but I've played this game so much already that there's fun to be had no matter how I approach it at this point. Besides that, I've never really gone for any achievement speed runs. I had planned to go for Halo: Reach in 24 hours, but those 2 rank achievements screwed that idea, so I just didn't bother.

He's trying to get the first 1000 on this site.

If some guy who gets the game before the street date doesn't get the full 1000g, I don't think anyone else could beat DarkReign since he knows this game better than anyone sane man should.

Normally i look down on those who rush achievements as my view is you should experience the game then aim for achievements as an after thought, but in this case i'm cheering for DarkReign, and not that you'll need it but i will be on standby ready to offer my assistance for any skulls & terminals.

Can only hope. Of course, I don't have much room for bragging as my current achievements stand. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm still missing one achievement from Halo Wars, Halo 2 Vista I can't even get to connect to my gamertag to get those achievements, and I haven't even beaten Marathon 2 on XBLA yet. For that, I have to appluad MixMaker and another user on my friends list by the name Devil Mingy. They're both 100% in every Halo/Bungie game that has achievements to give (I just wish they'd release more Bungie classics. I wanna see Myth, Oni, and Pathways Into Darkness come over as well as the other Marathon games. The one we got was easily the worst in the series.)

I am largely unfamiliar with reign but know his achievement guides and the information on the tips and tricks thread is unreal. thoroughly deserving of the first 1000.

and btw love the anniversary ach guide. there's a few little errors here and there but nothing that won't be taken care of before the 15th.

legendary on halo ce isn't too hard. I did it with my bro when I was 9 and I think I've gotten a bit better since then(hopefully) do definitely going for 1000 with this one. normally don't care about 1000 but halo is my all time favourite series.

bring it on!!!

yea thats the funny thing. i remember halo ce being hard but i remember halo 2 being the same difficulty. i somehow managed to finish both with a mate.

i just cant fathom how i can not be bothered to complete reach on legendary but did those 2. i guess im spoilt for choice; id rather play multiplayer, another AAA game thats out atm and still to come.

He's trying to get the first 1000 on this site.

If some guy who gets the game before the street date doesn't get the full 1000g, I don't think anyone else could beat DarkReign since he knows this game better than anyone sane man should.

Given how many hours I've sunk into the game, I doubt that very much.

Liike Gheuh said, it's a race to be the first one 100% done in as many different senses of the phrase as possible. Some might say that takes all the fun out of gaming since Achievements aren't everything and I would typically agree, but I've played this game so much already that there's fun to be had no matter how I approach it at this point. Besides that, I've never really gone for any achievement speed runs. I had planned to go for Halo: Reach in 24 hours, but those 2 rank achievements screwed that idea, so I just didn't bother.

Fair enough. I'm going to be too busy drooling over the improved textures and lighting, as well as struggling with "Leave it Where it Lay".

i have done half the chapters on legendary. it was just frustratingly slow popping out headshotting grunts and jackals and then sprinting around grabbing their plasma pistols to take out the elites shields so i could one shot kill them

Can only hope. Of course, I don't have much room for bragging as my current achievements stand. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm still missing one achievement from Halo Wars, Halo 2 Vista I can't even get to connect to my gamertag to get those achievements, and I haven't even beaten Marathon 2 on XBLA yet. For that, I have to appluad MixMaker and another user on my friends list by the name Devil Mingy. They're both 100% in every Halo/Bungie game that has achievements to give (I just wish they'd release more Bungie classics. I wanna see Myth, Oni, and Pathways Into Darkness come over as well as the other Marathon games. The one we got was easily the worst in the series.)

I'm just extremely neurotic. When I got my new 360 in late 2009, I made it my mission to create a new profile and attempt EVERY cheevo. I can't tell you how many hours, curse words, and broken controllers it's taken... but I'm looking forward to the challenge of H:CEA!

Though I'm more intimidated by this game more than the others (maybe except Marathon 2. That game was a (BLEEP)!!!

• 2 weeks later...
They are never hard. Just challenging. Or in Halo 2s case repetitive.

I don't find these achievements to be repetitive compared to the "achievement guidelines" Bungie used for the previous 360 Halo titles. Frankly, 343 did a good job making these. The only ones that are repetitive are those for completing a certain level, completing the game on normal/heroic/legendary/finding skulls, stuff like that. The rest are loaded with pure AWESOMENESS and will be a joy for me to unlock.

I'm saddened moreso by the lack of Vidmasters in this and Reach. In CE it's understandable since it's built to honor tihe original without changing it, but Reach should've had some kind of challenge like Deja Vu (and the H3 equivalent. Can never remember the name.) Between the 4-banshee trigger when you go back to Sword Base and the 4 Spartan Lasers by the MAC gun at the end of Pillar of Autumn, it looks as if something like this is attempted to be setup, but never goes through. Would've been neat having an extra chunk added to the level exclusively for people with 4 players and meeting certain requirements. Even making Lone Wolf into a completely different type of level with 4-players would've been interesting.